Artcow Jonathan Wojcik / Bogleech / Scythemantis -

BLASTERRIFLE

kiwifarms.net
pls elaborate
Sorry if this is long, I’ll try to make it simple..

There was always references to pop culture from around the world in his art, from Japanese comics to European folklore, to references to strange zoology and medical biology which often would also teach people relatively strange things, as well as mythology such as alien abductions and other lesser known conspiracy things. Maybe he still likes that stuff of course, but he’s losing his charm because people are doing more of what he used to and they’re better at it because they’re excited to do it.

His art has gotten more detailed with bright flashy (and tastefully clashing) colour, but it really just feels like his heart isn’t in it anymore. He redraws some stuff once and a while, or does a new critter whenever between comics, but it kind of just feels like he’s only doing it because it’s on the back of his mind and it’s not that exciting for him anymore, like he feels guilty for not drawing something else once a month. (I’m just guessing of course)

I think a lot of people are excited for that mortasheen Kickstarter, but if you really sit back and look at it beyond his drawings, it’s sort of a joke. I don’t really think he wants other people to be excited at all. Instead of constructing things like new art, writing or advertising to make potential buyers and viewers excited (or see what’s going on with their money) his undivided attention goes to American conservatives, terfs, South African businessmen and people stealing lingo on Tumblr. I think I seen him say one thing about other artists involved, while upcoming games like the blackbird RPG are constantly plugging their new monsters, artists and artwork. It is extremely unprofessional. He’s essentially losing buyers and interest before the game is even out.

i think that’s what the other guy meant by someone should “take away grandpas keys” is he’s not really mentally fit to hold onto something successful. All it takes is one stupid blog post and his partners might drop him, even before he eventually fails with it himself. It already happened with slimebeast and that’s just one guy.

I couldn’t imagine putting myself in the place to rely on this person or someone like him, ever. I have zero optimism about his kickstarter.

Last edited:

Hepativore

Scratch an SJW and you will probably find a MAPer.
kiwifarms.net
Sorry if this is long, I’ll try to make it simple..

There was always references to pop culture from around the world in his art, from Japanese comics to European folklore, to references to strange zoology and medical biology which often would also teach people relatively strange things, as well as mythology such as alien abductions and other lesser known conspiracy things. Maybe he still likes that stuff of course, but he’s losing his charm because people are doing more of what he used to and they’re better at it because they’re excited to do it.

His art has gotten more detailed with bright flashy (and tastefully clashing) colour, but it really just feels like his heart isn’t in it anymore. He redraws some stuff once and a while, or does a new critter whenever between comics, but it kind of just feels like he’s only doing it because it’s on the back of his mind and it’s not that exciting for him anymore, like he feels guilty for not drawing something else once a month. (I’m just guessing of course)

I think a lot of people are excited for that mortasheen Kickstarter, but if you really sit back and look at it beyond his drawings, it’s sort of a joke. I don’t really think he wants other people to be excited at all. Instead of constructing things like new art, writing or advertising to make potential buyers and viewers excited (or see what’s going on with their money) his undivided attention goes to American conservatives, terfs, South African businessmen and people stealing lingo on Tumblr. I think I seen him say one thing about other artists involved, while upcoming games like the blackbird RPG are constantly plugging their new monsters, artists and artwork. It is extremely unprofessional. He’s essentially losing buyers and interest before the game is even out.

i think that’s what the other guy meant by someone should “take away grandpas keys” is he’s not really mentally fit to hold onto something successful. All it takes is one stupid blog post and his partners might drop him, even before he eventually fails with it himself. It already happened with slimebeast and that’s just one guy.

I couldn’t imagine putting myself in the place to rely on this person or someone like him, ever. I have zero optimism about his kickstarter.
It constantly shifts between angry, ridiculous, and sad in this thread.

Jonathan says that he was unhappy in the old Bogleech forum days around 2006, but that is when his Mortasheen design was at its best and you could hold a coherent conversation with him without Johnathan going off on some strange and unrelated angry rant about things. Awful Hospital has also been declining in much of the same way. Whatever psychiatric care and/or medication he is on right now does not seem to be working or he needs to see a different person or have his dosage adjusted. If he was always this way from the beginning, it would not be so tragic.

He denies that he has changed, but I beg to differ. I do think that it really bothers him at a subconscious level with all of the friends that he has lost over the years. There are a lot former fans and acquaintances whom he has scared off or angered but he reflexively gets defensive about why his behavior has driven people away. You cannot engage with him about it though, so there is no point in trying, as he will not listen as previous examples in this thread and elsewhere online have shown countless times. I also wonder if part of the reason why he has been unemployed for so long is evidence that he is no longer capable of holding a job outside of some piecemeal commissions online.

I think in a few years, his internet presence will only be known for his Tumblr/Twitterisms. Mortasheen or his other stuff that he used to do will just be in the form of internet archives on scattered websites that most people have forgotten about. Either way you look at it, the guy is now completely fucking bonkers and I am not sure that somebody this dysfunctional will ever be able to pull it together again.

Last edited:

Fromtheblackdepths

Welcome to the Ocean bitches.
kiwifarms.net
It constantly shifts between angry, ridiculous, and sad in this thread.

Jonathan says that he was unhappy in the old Bogleech forum days around 2006, but that is when his Mortasheen design was at its best and you could hold a coherent conversation with him without Johnathan going off on some strange and unrelated angry rant about things. Awful Hospital has also been declining in much of the same way. Whatever psychiatric care and/or medication he is on right now does not seem to be working or he needs to see a different person or have his dosage adjusted. If he was always this way from the beginning, it would not be so tragic.

He denies that he has changed, but I beg to differ. I do think that it really bothers him at a subconscious level with all of the friends that he has lost over the years. There are a lot former fans and acquaintances whom he has scared off or angered but he reflexively gets defensive about why his behavior has driven people away. You cannot engage with him about it though, so there is no point in trying, as he will not listen as previous examples in this thread and elsewhere online have shown countless times. I also wonder if part of the reason why he has been unemployed for so long is evidence that he is no longer capable of holding a job outside of some piecemeal commissions online.

I think in a few years, his internet presence will only be known for his Tumblr/Twitterisms. Mortasheen or his other stuff that he used to do will just be in the form of internet archives on scattered websites that most people have forgotten about. Either way you look at it, the guy is now completely fucking bonkers and I am not sure that somebody this dysfunctional will ever be able to pull it together again.
I wouldn't go that far. He seems to be still growing in fact. Look at all the AH fan comics.

Just wandering

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't go that far. He seems to be still growing in fact. Look at all the AH fan comics.
I wanted to show his patreon statistic(his monthly revenue is kinda low compared to other artist, and the fact he live in portland, doubt this cover enough his living)
He got only 2 massive peak in the early year before stabilising, a huge dip happened in may in his monthly earning
1621096285093.png
1621096424562.png

his rank is steadily decreasing..
1621096453361.png
1621096498042.png

Fromtheblackdepths

kiwifarms.net
I wanted to show his patreon statistic(his monthly revenue is kinda low compared to other artist, and the fact he live in portland, doubt this cover enough his living)
He got only 2 massive peak in the early year before stabilising, a huge dip happened in may in his monthly earning
View attachment 2172583View attachment 2172586
his rank is steadily decreasing..
View attachment 2172589View attachment 2172591
This could be those who had to deal with covid costs that are slowly ramping up.

GravelAndSyrup

kiwifarms.net
E1JtXucXEAQp8Sn.png

CDC says 'wear a mask', Jonathan and people like him repeat the mantra, 'just trust the science' they say. "why don't you TRUST THE EXPERTS at the CDC? This is their whole job"

CDC says 'if you're vaccinated you don't need to wear a mask', Jonathan and people like him all fucking seethe, get extremely angry about hypothetical situations, and tell people "fuck you, wear a mask, I don't care if you're vaccinated"

BLASTERRIFLE

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2174244

CDC says 'wear a mask', Jonathan and people like him repeat the mantra, 'just trust the science' they say. "why don't you TRUST THE EXPERTS at the CDC? This is their whole job"

CDC says 'if you're vaccinated you don't need to wear a mask', Jonathan and people like him all fucking seethe, get extremely angry about hypothetical situations, and tell people "fuck you, wear a mask, I don't care if you're vaccinated"
I also really appreciate the fat acceptance stuff he constantly buys into. Especially as someone who’s supposed to understand much more than just basic biology, apparently, like you know, the laws of thermodynamics.

“diets never work, you’re miserable if you eat extra protein to build muscle, never try, you’ll just hate yourself and fail before you even try! That weight will come back forever, you are doomed to eat over 2300 calories a day!”

so much for changing your body to be happier with yourself I guess. You hear that trans folks? 450 lb depressed overeaters addicted to food? That woman who can’t go up stairs without her gut slapping into her knees? That girl who wants to fit her favourite dress for a date? Give up.

what a crab. Ahahahaha

Hepativore

Scratch an SJW and you will probably find a MAPer.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 2174244

I also really appreciate the fat acceptance stuff he constantly buys into. Especially as someone who’s supposed to understand much more than just basic biology, apparently, like you know, the laws of thermodynamics.

“diets never work, you’re miserable if you eat extra protein to build muscle, never try, you’ll just hate yourself and fail before you even try! That weight will come back forever, you are doomed to eat over 2300 calories a day!”

so much for changing your body to be happier with yourself I guess. You hear that trans folks? 450 lb depressed overeaters addicted to food? That woman who can’t go up stairs without her gut slapping into her knees? That girl who wants to fit her favourite dress for a date? Give up.

what a crab. Ahahahaha
wow

Why has Jonathan not been institutionalized by now? I mean, the guy has seriously gone a few fries short of a Happy Meal. Not that long ago, people with spergery this severe would have been locked up in a padded cell of a sanitarium.

Snom Clubber

Let's go clubbing!
kiwifarms.net

Should we start calling normal people who become fat for social credit trans fats?

I'm sorry.

Fromtheblackdepths

kiwifarms.net

what a crab. Ahahahaha
Excuse me. When did this happen?

AngryTreeRat

Meds aren't working. Better get new ones.
kiwifarms.net
Should we start calling normal people who become fat for social credit trans fats?

I'm sorry.
That was bad enough I think you need to commit sudoku to restore your family's horoscope.

Also they would be fat trenders. Transfats would be people who feel they are supposed to be fat. Also I think transfeeder is a better term. Fits better with the who transgender/transracer/transtrender thing.

Sunny-D

I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE!
kiwifarms.net
Excuse me. When did this happen?
He's posted a couple of long diatribes on tumblr about how there's no such thing as "healthy food" or "junk food", no such thing as empty calories, that weight loss is impossible (and racist), and other standard fat acceptance talking points-

2021-05-16 13.12.07 bogleech.tumblr.com ae3c6f89f599.png

2021-05-16 13.12.22 g0at0ad.tumblr.com 495a2641f250.png

2021-05-16 13.13.14 bogleech.tumblr.com d11bbebd19fb.png

2021-05-16 13.14.49 bogleech.tumblr.com ec922ec12bcc.png

2021-05-16 13.15.02 bogleech.tumblr.com b9c85f37ded4.png

Honestly it's one of the things I've always found the funniest about the guy. "There's no fundamental difference between eating grilled chicken and broccoli vs. a twinkie! I live off of reese's peanut butter cups! Why am I sick all the time?!"

Fromtheblackdepths

kiwifarms.net
He's posted a couple of long diatribes on tumblr about how there's no such thing as "healthy food" or "junk food", no such thing as empty calories, that weight loss is impossible (and racist), and other standard fat acceptance talking points-

View attachment 2175653
View attachment 2175654
View attachment 2175655
View attachment 2175656
View attachment 2175657

Honestly it's one of the things I've always found the funniest about the guy. "There's no fundamental difference between eating grilled chicken and broccoli vs. a twinkie! I live off of reese's peanut butter cups! Why am I sick all the time?!"
Does my 600LBs life not ring a bell? I feel like if I took any medical advice from him, I'd probably be dead.

Edit:
Also the reason he's sick all the time is because he lives within a very cramped apartment and his immune system is shit.

Last edited:

Just wandering

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2175653
View attachment 2175654
View attachment 2175655
View attachment 2175656
View attachment 2175657

I dunno if it come right from bawg mouth or his fat motherwife influenced him in some manner. I would't be surprised that bawg furiously defend those point because he's very insecure about his poor diet, and don't want to ponder the fact that he can feel better if he make effort to change his lifestyle
1621194072590.png

He's not that wrong.. but he having the knowledge and nuance of a tree year old child it won't go very far. Actually he sound like a dimwit already discrediting his point

Last edited:

Sunny-D

I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE!
kiwifarms.net
I dunno if it come right from bawg mouth or his fat motherwife influenced him in some manner. I would't be surprised that bawg furiously defend those point because he's very insecure about his poor diet, and don't want to ponder the fact that he can feel better if he make effort to change his lifestyle
View attachment 2175859He's not that wrong.. one some of his point but he having the knowledge and nuance of a tree year old child it won't go very far

Yeah, it seems like a pretty good example of someone using a handful of legitimate facts to support/justify the conclusion they've already reached. Like- sure, if someone generally eats healthy then having a snickers bar or a McD's cheeseburger every once in a while isn't going to do them any active harm. Until the same people who don't believe counting calories or tracking their diets is legitimate, therefore have no idea what they're eating or what "moderation" is, get fat, and go "Welp I must be genetically predisposed, diets all fail, nothing I can do." You see it all the time on 600lb Life, and that one British show where they'd get a fat person and an underweight person to switch diets for a week, people have no concept of what and how much they're actually consuming everyday.

And no shit, if someone is fat and wants to lose weight long term then they're going to have to change their eating habits and activity levels forever. Why would that be seen as surprising or some unreasonable burden? If your diet and (lack of) exercise made you a fatass, if you go back to the same diet and exercise you'll once again become a fatass. But the idea that the majority of diets fail BECAUSE people think they can do some temporary fix until they lose weight and then go back to "normal" doesn't seem to occur.

Fromtheblackdepths

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, it seems like a pretty good example of someone using a handful of legitimate facts to support/justify the conclusion they've already reached. Like- sure, if someone generally eats healthy then having a snickers bar or a McD's cheeseburger every once in a while isn't going to do them any active harm. Until the same people who don't believe counting calories or tracking their diets is legitimate, therefore have no idea what they're eating or what "moderation" is, get fat, and go "Welp I must be genetically predisposed, diets all fail, nothing I can do." You see it all the time on 600lb Life, and that one British show where they'd get a fat person and an underweight person to switch diets for a week, people have no concept of what and how much they're actually consuming everyday.

And no shit, if someone is fat and wants to lose weight long term then they're going to have to change their eating habits and activity levels forever. Why would that be seen as surprising or some unreasonable burden? If your diet and (lack of) exercise made you a fatass, if you go back to the same diet and exercise you'll once again become a fatass. But the idea that the majority of diets fail BECAUSE people think they can do some temporary fix until they lose weight and then go back to "normal" doesn't seem to occur.
Well you see diets don't work because.