Megathread Jonathan Yaniv / Jessica Yaniv / @trustednerd / trustednerd.com / JY Knows It / JY British Columbia - General Discussion - No JY social media updates/discussion

ComeGetSome

kiwifarms.net
I once had a legit reason to call an ambulance for myself and was even admitted into the hospital..... I still got a bill for around $350. But according to the ambulance guys the actual cost of the service I received from BCAS was roughly $900 so the gov't subsidized about 2/3. They told me most calls actually cost tax payers between $600 - $900 when you account for all the expenses required to keep the ambulances running in a Provence with massive spreads of land and a low relative population.
In BC, the BCEHS (formerly BCAS) charges MSP (health insurance) beneficiaries $50 to respond without transport to a hospital, and $80 if they do transport you to the hospital. The fees go up if you're not on MSP.

ComeGetSome

kiwifarms.net
They're not called BCAS anymore? I totally missed that change.
TBH, I'm not totally sure. I see references to BCAS. I see references to BCEHS (Emergency Health Services). BCAS is shown as a page on the BCEHS site. I think one org got swallowed into something larger at some point in the last decade.

Either way - an ambulance ride to the hospital in BC is $80.

MeowMix's article offered up some sage advice for reporting the scam to our not-at-all-beloved public insurer. In the spirit of preserving the public purse, I've submitted a fraud report to ICBC pointing them at the MM article.

WGkitty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Car accident is real, I didn't see it yesterday but looked this morning. His trunk was hit looks like main impact was above and the the passenger side of the license plate.

Trunk will need to be replaced but it doesn't look like there is other damage. Interesting to note the paint is still fine, like not a chip or paint transfer from someone else. Looks like a low speed collision to me.

He has dash cam footage, I'm surprised he hasn't shared that with the world.

ComeGetSome

kiwifarms.net
Car accident is real, I didn't see it yesterday but looked this morning. His trunk was hit looks like main impact was above and the the passenger side of the license plate.

Trunk will need to be replaced but it doesn't look like there is other damage. Interesting to note the paint is still fine, like not a chip or paint transfer from someone else. Looks like a low speed collision to me.

He has dash cam footage, I'm surprised he hasn't shared that with the world.
I have no doubt it's real. I've heard interesting stories about scammers, even setting up a real low-speed rear-end crash to milk some pain-and-suffering dollars from ICBC for whiplash and back pain.

A read end dash cam?
Yes - they're common now. Both vehicles here have dual cams.

Cynically Insane

They must have taken my marbles away
kiwifarms.net
I have no doubt it's real. I've heard interesting stories about scammers, even setting up a real low-speed rear-end crash to milk some pain-and-suffering dollars from ICBC for whiplash and back pain.
I have seen video of people backing up at slow speeds to hit the person behind them as a scam. We all know that the person who rear-ends is at fault. Still, I wouldn't put it past JY to do a brake check.

This is a bike, but you get the idea.