JonTron Thread -

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
Pretty funny but the show looks fake as hell and (thankfully) didn't have any controversy to spice things up. It's pretty obvious the events and results were decided before the show even began and there is a lot of hand holding to prevent any catastrophe that will result in several people going to jail for negligence.
I researched on this out of curiosity & let me just say that there are actually a lot of controversies. In fact, just ahead of its premiere, the show proved to be the most controversial of the upcoming fall 2007 season, even though the only actual footage seen was a 4-minute promo running on TV & Web.

Let's start with some news. Majority of it already shows the fakeness & shitty conditions of the fuckery that the whole thing was & holy fuck the conditions were bad for a place with kids

Now, time for some reddit.

1: Apparently, a highschool classmate of Jimmy tells some things about the show Jimmy felt 6 y/o from now.

2: Also, Micheal (Speech boy) actually did an AMA around 6 y/o. The biggest part here is the fact that Micheal confirms that some of the kids have actually hooked up at the time.

This isn't the 1st kids in wilderness based show either. There's Boys in Wilderness & Brat Camp. Let me just say here, Brat Camp's history is beyond disturbing cause while at least the kids on Kid Nation were voluntary participants. However, Brat Camp was where the kids were literally forced to participate against their will, & absolutely nobody was even talking about it. They rounded up a bunch of child abuse victims, drug addicts, orphans, & kids with legit mental issues, collectively labeled them all "brats", and put them on television for the purpose of being demeaned & ridiculed, without consent & with no option to quit. There was zero public outrage about it, compared to the massive outcry that Kid Nation caused.

Last edited:

Catgirl IRL

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dumb question, but how is he making so much money with such huge gaps between uploads? He's obviously not spending millions, but he's hiring a team, a set, all the purchases for one off jokes, etc.

I'm either underestimating how lucrative youtube is, or over estimating how expensive his shit can be.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
The main thing I remember hearing about Kid Nation was the kids arguing over Religion at some point, because that was the big hot button issue in 2006/2007.

Army Burger

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dumb question, but how is he making so much money with such huge gaps between uploads? He's obviously not spending millions, but he's hiring a team, a set, all the purchases for one off jokes, etc.

I'm either underestimating how lucrative youtube is, or over estimating how expensive his shit can be.
I would imagine it's because of how big his subscriber base is. 6.1 million of them means that there's some percentage of that who watches his videos on a regular basis.

Answer

kiwifarms.net
2011-2012 was peak Jontron imo. It was that magical time when he had just gotten the hang of his act and had recently struck Youtube fame but hadn’t really blown up to million+ subscriber popularity yet. His videos from that era feel more “sincere” if that makes sense. He didn’t have fancy sets or a production crew yet almost all of them were home runs in the comedy and entertainment sense. Its weird that he deleted a lot of them without any explanation. The golden age ended when he started doing Game Grumps with Arin in mid 2012, from there on out there were LOOONG dry periods.

Chiri

Steeeeee-rike!
kiwifarms.net
2011-2012 was peak Jontron imo. It was that magical time when he had just gotten the hang of his act and had recently struck Youtube fame but hadn’t really blown up to million+ subscriber popularity yet. His videos from that era feel more “sincere” if that makes sense. He didn’t have fancy sets or a production crew yet almost all of them were home runs in the comedy and entertainment sense. Its weird that he deleted a lot of them without any explanation. The golden age ended when he started doing Game Grumps with Arin in mid 2012, from there on out there were LOOONG dry periods.
I think I'd extend Golden Age Jontron well past 2012. It wasn't until after Starcade that I felt like he'd really lost his magic.

Guts Gets Some

Don't lose your way
kiwifarms.net
I think I'd extend Golden Age Jontron well past 2012. It wasn't until after Starcade that I felt like he'd really lost his magic.
I find his game reviews (for the most part) to be the weakest bits of his channel. He's way more entertaining covering random stuff or movies. We have enough game reviewers, Jontron is so much more entertaining elsewhere.

Jozef

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit Jon gained a lot of weight! He's always been chunky, probably due to having a low metabolism, but he slimmed down quite a bit. It probably took a lot of work to reach that point, then the virus hit and he couldn't go out and get exercise so all that progress went out the window. It's gonna take a lot of work to get back to where he was.

I like his videos, and I don't think he's gone downhill at all, they're still as good as ever, it's just that he made some incredible videos in the past that are very hard to top. I'm also glad the controversies from a few years ago didn't ruin his career, at the time I was worried that was gonna happen. He handled things very well and the only ones talking about it now are the kind of people that generally aren't taken seriously.

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net

-Sponsorships
-rewatchable videos and large amount of subscribers (Newest video has 4.5 million views, A lot of his videos have over 10 million views and growing)
-Comes from a well off family
-Game Grumps royalties

Dang Woodchucks!

Whatamark@noneyabusiness.org
kiwifarms.net
He was probably paid big time for the Starcade videos, (basically the only JT videos I don't care about and he still tries his best) and since I think he has Juice Ancestry, he's probably good with money.

Also, sponsors. Like Raid alone apparently pays a lot (according to Mutahar, and it's apparently enough to pay for food and utilities for Count Dankula) and he gets a lot of sponsors.

Festivus

kiwifarms.net
He was probably paid big time for the Starcade videos, (basically the only JT videos I don't care about and he still tries his best) and since I think he has Juice Ancestry, he's probably good with money.

Also, sponsors. Like Raid alone apparently pays a lot (according to Mutahar, and it's apparently enough to pay for food and utilities for Count Dankula) and he gets a lot of sponsors.
It's funny that you bring up his ancestry because none of the people criticizing his "racism" seem to realize that JonTron is half-Persian and his grandparents on his mom's side were literal Muslims.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Jesus Christ, I can't believe some of the stuff poor Jimmy is saying in this thing. Unreal.

You'd think at the very least, they'd have shown some kids how to do things like cook and clean just to, you know, make sure they don't kill themselves trying.

Tags
None