Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed

lowkey

kiwifarms.net
Why isn't Jordan Peterson in the Farms? He's internet famous.

He is certainly just as odd as Tarl, but in a bad way. Sure he's well spoken, educated and smart, but when his daughter is stripping on the web to show off her eating disorder, you gotta now there is some family dysfunction to uncover.
You don't even just need to look at his daughter; there's a decent amount of material on himself. It would probably look something like this:

Jordan Peterson
Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed Carnivore

Jordan Peterson arose to fame in september 2016 for opposing compelled speech of Bill C-16, because who can deal with calling a trans person by their correct pronoun when they wear different bracelents according to which of the 52 genders they feel like when they wake up in the morning?

Now it's a shame not to monetize this kind of attention, so the best advice Jordan Peterson had for his new followers was to do a personality test (https://www.understandmyself.com/) and to pay him for the privelege of journalling about your deepest experiences on his website (https://www.selfauthoring.com/) where certainly he would never use that as any kind of analysis on how to present himself to his tribe of lost boys.

Since then this permanently depressed professor has gone on to teach the fatherless boys of the internet that you should clean your room. So starved of attention, this caused the boys (aged 24-52) to actually try and make something of themselves for a week or two and maybe apply for that cashier job and leave moms basement once in a while. Clean your room was regarded as the great intellectual discovery of the 21st century and propelled the professor to face the final boss of the internet: feminists.

This was the height of Peterson's fame, where his ideas still seemed somewhat sensible:

What's typical for Jordan Peterson is that any question that is difficult will become a discussion about what the word "is" is, in a way to make Bill Clinton proud. The Staunch Jordan Peterson, enemy of the postmodernists, would certainly never hide behind the postmodern trick of redefining words or meaning things in a "metaphorical" way rather than literal.

Here Peterson refuses to give a straight answer to "are you a Christian?":

And here Sam Harris and Jordan Peterson bicker over Jordan's attempt to redefine the word 'truth' for a whole fucking hour:

Since then Peterson's mask has started to slip further and this internet daddy seems to have a daughter that maybe wouldn't make most father's proud:

carnivore.PNG

To help shill his daughter's persuits Peterson is now a carnivore too and is suggesting it cured his depression (at least until the next one).

And on top of that, Peterson's lectures are full of unsourced deepak chopra claims and you better not ask him about it at any of the events because internet daddy will scold you.

I'm sure there's plenty of stuff I've missed, so maybe a thread to compile stuff would be valuable?

Glad I couldn't help

Now with edge anime avatar
kiwifarms.net
This is scattershot, since I've only watched some of his videos from way back along with stuff written about, but he is a scattershot kind of guy. You forgot some of his Twitter outbursts. Also how he removed his link to his magnum opus, Maps of Meaning, from his website, presumable because he realized he could get some more maple pesos out of people.

If we are going to have JP thread, we should also include the cult around him and his 'a-loggers', the mass media and blue checkmarks who keep on whining about him and then wonder why everybody keeps on talking about him.

He has some interesting ideas, I think, but it's surrounded by an air of insane rambling bullshit that you could get distilled from saner sources.

eldri

oogity boogity boo motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
While his ideas can be mystical in many ways, you have to remember that he is an academic. People like that come up with ideas, spout them out to everyone, then forget them or eventually disagree with them because a new idea has surfaced in their head.
While that solely does not make him worthy of a thread, the combination with celebrity-ism makes for great content like his twitter outbursts or the weird photos of him wearing masks in his house.

BigRuler

lmao bottom text
kiwifarms.net
a few months ago i got curious about him and actually started watching a video of his.
it was a lecture, where he was going on and on about the deep biblical meaning behind the symbolism in a fucking disney pinocchio movie. after a few minutes i thought "lmao nope" and closed the video. not interested in this quack.

also, possibly worth checking out: an article some guy who used to work with peterson wrote about him, basically calling him out for being a shady master manipulator who's up to no good. not sure how credible it is, but i think it deserves a place in here:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2018/05/25/i-was-jordan-petersons-strongest-supporter-now-i-think-hes-dangerous.html
http://archive.li/iiqdy

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
He's not that bad the vast majority of times except when it comes to talking about politics (see his big take on Kavanaugh allegations), but I definitely do believe he is publicly overrated, has been allowed to bask too long in the public spectrum, and too often either inserts or drags all sorts of stuff and references which have little to no connection with one another. Probably the worse example I can think of the latter was his review/criticism of Frozen (which is god awful) where for some reason he equated watching a cartoon (or was it movie) was somehow akin to a religious experience. I think he then proceeded to talk about archetypes and how Frozen didn't pin itself on some kind of mythology or something which I think misses the freaking point since the writing in that movie was patently stupid. I'm talking TLJ bad where we're twice subverted by the whole Anna has to find-true-love sub-plot which was inserted well over half way into the movie. Something, so far as I'm aware, that pretty much never happens in any Disney movie. They're almost always pretty clear cut where the movie is going to go and why, but Frozen said screw all that. We're going to subvert your expectations.

Last edited:

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

Say what you mean and say it mean.
kiwifarms.net
Not a lolcow but a guy with an overrated intellect and depth. Seems like an overall nice, mild-mannered guy. I'm familiar with his perspectives on things and it is true he is in some ways a postmodern anti-postmodernist. His fanbase consists of pseudointellectual youth that are easily taken in by the trappings of faux philosophy and intellectualism. It's nice to see people call him out when he talks about whether he's a christian or not, and whether he believes in god. There's a contingent of academics that play this game, if you've read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins he mentions them specifically to state he isn't talking about their views and that it isn't a helpful view to have. Really, he's an intelligent guy trying to rationalize Christianity when he doesn't really believe in the factual claims of the religion.

That said, let's not forget that this is a guy that really is a serious academic. He's no big brain Sargon of Akkad, this guy is actually a research psychologist.

Peterson is also really, really good at handling biased journalists. He knows exactly why they are asking questions they ask and calls them out on it instead of falling into their trap, which is wonderful to see and strangely a rare skill. I have to give the guy props for that.

The problem with Peterson is actually the problem with all "intellectuals." Everyone is pretty stupid, and the people we hold up as being big-brained always fail spectacularly under examination. People have too much faith and trust in the intellect of the highly educated when often their ideas have no more merit than the superstitions of the uneducated, they're just able to rationalize and more eloquently express them.

also, possibly worth checking out: an article some guy who used to work with peterson wrote about him, basically calling him out for being a shady master manipulator who's up to no good. not sure how credible it is, but i think it deserves a place in here:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/2018/05/25/i-was-jordan-petersons-strongest-supporter-now-i-think-hes-dangerous.html
http://archive.li/iiqdy
From that article:

He was, however, more eccentric than I had expected. He was a maverick. Even though there was nothing contentious about his research, he objected in principle to having it reviewed by the university research ethics committee, whose purpose is to protect the safety and well-being of experiment subjects.
That's because these ethics committees are often a stupid bureaucracy and are politicized. Even giving someone a disapproving look probably needs to be justified to these committees. You could probably find a bioethicist out there that is a strong believer in not saying mean words to plants. You'd even have to evaluate how a study would effect a person's self-esteem is they were told they were getting everything wrong on a test, or something. And the animal ethics committee, like AICUC, thanks to animal rights activists, you practically have to give lab animals back rubs and hand jobs and treat them far above how we treat livestock or perhaps even pets.

Anyway, you read the article and you realize what is going on at this paragraph, regarding Jordan refusing to call people gender-neutral pronouns:
I have a trans daughter, but that was hardly an issue compared to what I felt was a betrayal of my trust and confidence in him. It was an abuse of the trust that comes with his professorial position, which I had fought for, to have misrepresented gender science by dismissing the evidence that the relationship of gender to biology is not absolute and to have made the claim that he could be jailed when, at worst, he could be fined.
It's this same old genderology shit. I'm not sure exactly what is meant here by "the relationship of gender to biology is not absolute" (who disagrees with that? I don't think Peterson does). And the whole "we're not going to jail you, we're just going to fine you and then jail you if you don't pay our bullshit fine." You see the whining and nitpicking about that is a sign they've got a stupid ax to grind...

I assume you skimmed this article because it's just another person pretending they were a huge Peterson fan until he refused to kiss the ring to troons and trannies. It's not merely calling him a shady master manipulating, it's whining that Peterson doesn't capitulate to their gender bullshit. Check it out for yourself, the article makes Peterson look good once you read between the lines and realize what the author's troony agenda is. It's a shit smear article.

--

Jordan's one of those people where his fans are obnoxious, he's vastly overrated (like mostly every other thinker), but his critics are far worse. Peterson, for all his faults, seems to say exactly what he thinks and doesn't hide ulterior motives. Despite the fact that he babbles pretentious bullshit I think he's a decent guy. And everyone who isn't me is full of bullshit to some extent

He's not that bad the vast majority of times except when it comes to talking about politics (see his big take on Kavanaugh allegations), but I definitely do believe he is publicly overrated, has been allowed to bask too long in the public spectrum, and too often either inserts or drags all sorts of stuff and references which have little to no connection with one another. Probably the worse example I can think of the latter was his review/criticism of Frozen (which is god awful) where for some reason he equated watching a cartoon (or was it movie) was somehow akin to a religious experience. I think he then proceeded to talk about archetypes and how Frozen didn't pin itself on some kind of mythology or something which I think misses the freaking point since the writing in that movie was patently stupid. I'm talking TLJ bad where we're twice subverted by the whole Anna has to find-true-love sub-plot which was inserted well over half way into the movie. Something, so far as I'm aware, that pretty much never happens in any Disney movie. They're almost always pretty clear cut where the movie is going to go and why, but Frozen said screw all that. We're going to subvert your expectations.
Yeah, that's a pretty succinct way of putting it and I agree--your example of Frozen was exactly right. Jordan Peterson is like a meal where the side dish is more famous than the main course--the stuff Peterson is known for, he's pretty good on, but the stuff he cares about the most, this archetype Jungian shit, it's bullshit.

Last edited:

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino