Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed, Got Hooked on Benzos

Disco Inferno

DISCO FEVER YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
kiwifarms.net
Dr. Jordan Peterson is in Belgrade, Serbia (with his daughter and son in law). He was interviewed by "Nedeljnik" (Newsweek) journalist. He visited a private clinic in Belgrade, and will stay in Serbia for a month or more.View attachment 1375780
My ape speak is shitty so this is a VERY rough translation. There will be errors.
Canadian (though controversial) psychology professor Jordan Peterson, author of best selling "12 rules for life" is currently staying in Belgrade with his daughter, Mikilia peterson. "We arrived in Belgrade a few days ago, my father is in a private clinic ", says his daughter. The petersons have been speaking treatment around the globe since Februay. ("I've been his PR person by running his social media accounts", she said with a smile)
Recently,the professor from Toronto Canada has done an unusual "detox" treatment in Russia. He took an emergency trip to Russia after several unsuccessful attempts to overcome addiction in Canada.

#zzz

kiwifarms.net
It was obvious that his SRIs were what was holding him up through each debate, conflict, and "scandal". Even with his wealth of knowledge and his practice in lecturing and early media appearances, I don't think anybody under normal circumstances would have been able to have withstood the onslaught of baseless shit being thrown at you by the rabid SJWs in every media outlet, street corner (they were hanging posters up around his house) and even the freaking CBC reporting on you as a literally racist nazi transphobe ect... They even went into his classroom, his place of work, and yelled and screamed at him, demanding his job. And he still withstood it.
It doesn't matter who you are in my opinion, at a certain point you're going to burn the fuck out from that HARD, and if you dip into the SRIs at least you can butrice yourself against it for a much longer length of time, deal with the insanity, and then pull the fuck back.

I think he handled it all nearly perfectly, considering the circumstances, and I think he deserves to get the fuck out of the limelight now, and should probably just publish a book or two from the shadows and let the example he set work its magic.

He clearly aged substantially from the whole ordeal. And of course the shit with his wife is really the last straw.

I just want him to sit back and relax now. He's had enough bullshit for several lifetimes.
Even before then I suspect. Being a clinical psychologist is not an easy job unless you are a sociopath. You have to listen to people pour their hearts out to you, lay their entire lives out and they want you to fix things and have the right answer, every time. Simply running a practice like that would be emotionally exhausting. And apparently he had people from top lawyer firms, high priced clients, asking him for techniques to use in the workplace to get ahead, get promotions. People coming in ready to jump off a building if one more thing goes wrong. You always have to choose every word you say perfectly because people might misinterpret what you are saying. If I was in such a profession, I would be so high I'd be floating on the ceiling.

Last edited:

Glad I couldn't help

Ohai!
kiwifarms.net
No. Picasso famously made less money during his life than after his death. Similarly, Peterson is on track to have his lifetime earnings surpassed by the earnings he's made since his braindeath. His patreon is still open and raking in dough, subscribestar is active, his book still sells, his YouTube videos get views, and I could be wrong, but I think he's a tenured professor. I don't know if this is still the norm, and I'm at risk of powerleveling here, but my grandfather was a tenured professor, and his salary was guaranteed. Additionally, as my grandfather was coming down with Alzheimer's, he was made an "adjunct" professor, meaning he was no longer tenured, but he was still on the payroll and had no obligation to work. I say this not to powerlevel, but because this is exactly what could happen to Jordan Peterson. My grandfather went to his grave earning a steady salary from a job he hadn't attended in months due to his cognitive decline, and literally the exact same thing might happen with Peterson. What I'm saying is Jordan Peterson, or rather his daughter, are sitting pretty financially. Again, I don't know if universities still function that way, but it's entirely possible this braindead man will have a stable job until his physical death and 3-4 revenue streams for an indeterminate time after his death. I have no doubt his patreon and subscribestar will outlive him, even if they decline drastically, and it's not like people stop buying books or watching the YouTube videos of dead people.
No, his career is over. Yeah he and his controllers are making money off his past works, just like Elvis Presley or the Beattles are still making money, but I doubt anybody would say they have a career. The whole benzo adventure has probably destroyed his credibility and his mind, I doubt will get any new intellectual contributions from him. It's mostly going to be his daughter's increasingly bizarre and desperate grifting from here on out.

Last edited:

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net
No. Picasso famously made less money during his life than after his death. Similarly, Peterson is on track to have his lifetime earnings surpassed by the earnings he's made since his braindeath.
No, his career is over. Yeah he and his controllers are making money off his past works, just like Elvis Presley or the Beattles are still making money, but I doubt anybody would say they have a career.
The difference is that Elvis, the Beatles, and Picasso all produced something which had lasting cultural significance, whereas Peterson was a flash in the pan who unwittingly shot to fame on the back of a media storm. It was never going to last, even without his current misfortune.

TitanWest

Based Penguin Guy
kiwifarms.net
The difference is that Elvis, the Beatles, and Picasso all produced something which had lasting cultural significance, whereas Peterson was a flash in the pan who unwittingly shot to fame on the back of a media storm. It was never going to last, even without his current misfortune.
Finally. Can Youtube stop spamming me with JP videos now? One of the few good Youtube vids on JP:

No, his career is over. Yeah he and his controllers are making money off his past works, just like Elvis Presley or the Beattles are still making money, but I doubt anybody would say they have a career. The whole benzo adventure has probably destroyed his credibility and his mind, I doubt will get any new intellectual contributions from him. It's mostly going to be his daughter's increasingly bizarre and desperate grifting from here on out.
That depends on what your definition of "over" is. That depends on what your definition of "is" is. That depends on what your definition of Jordan Peterson is.

Jokes aside I'm gonna miss responding to with "Go to rehab" whenever some midwit says "Clean your room".

My hunch is there was long standing drug and alcohol abuse in the home. From Jordan but likely his wife as well (just get that vibe).
I thought JBP endorsing Camille Paglia's book that contained pedophile advocacy was just JBP being a pseud who talks before doing his research. But if household abuse ever came out I'd start to wonder....

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
"Listen, Mr. Peterson, this election cycle requires that you go 'GET' a drug addicted coma, or we'll 'GIVE' you one."
-likely someone... somewhere....
JBP to some degree is a willing asset. For the price of fame and clout he decided to be the face of "traditionalist" sentiment, and while he obviously overestimated his strength, as any narcissist does, he never had any noble goal, his only goal was becoming "leading intellectual of 21st century".

If he truly cared about the ideas he espoused he would never end up in this situation.

Who the fuck would burn the asset that they have blackmail on? You're supposed to be the expert on this, Jeffrey.
But he never was an asset in a sense Jeffrey was. He is a public figure, and a representative of a set of ideas. Therefore, he is still an asset, but retired one. He is not burned, he is just disgraced. I think that he might have had a choice between two scenarios and the fake story with coma in Russia was just the lesser evil. He knew he is going to lose everything anyway.

GedsForth

Lapsing libertarian
kiwifarms.net
Let me be clear, I doubt many people will care that much about Peterson 50 years from now. However, I do think his fans will be around for some time, just to a much smaller degree. Towards the end of his life, Christopher Hitchens gained a large influx of fans from YouTube compilations of him posted at the height of atheism's popularity. Hitchens' fanbase survived far past his death, they're still around here and there, but they've largely moved on. The similarities between the atheists of last decade and Peterson's are obvious, and I think the longevity will be the same. Peterson's relevance will really start to wane in 1-2 years, he'll still be remembered in 10, but in 50 years he'll be a mostly obscure historical figure. He'll mostly be remembered in Canada for his involvement in academic scandals, but in America he'll probably be thought of in a similar light to how we remember A Course in Miracles or pyramid power today.

Lemmingwise

Judging you internally
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let me be clear, I doubt many people will care that much about Peterson 50 years from now. However, I do think his fans will be around for some time, just to a much smaller degree. Towards the end of his life, Christopher Hitchens gained a large influx of fans from YouTube compilations of him posted at the height of atheism's popularity. Hitchens' fanbase survived far past his death, they're still around here and there, but they've largely moved on. The similarities between the atheists of last decade and Peterson's are obvious, and I think the longevity will be the same. Peterson's relevance will really start to wane in 1-2 years, he'll still be remembered in 10, but in 50 years he'll be a mostly obscure historical figure. He'll mostly be remembered in Canada for his involvement in academic scandals, but in America he'll probably be thought of in a similar light to how we remember A Course in Miracles or pyramid power today.

Hellhound is right that Peterson was a flash in the pan, but that it happened unwittingly is false. He had been cultivating a media persona for decades and you can watch the old various attempts.

Like many people during the Chosen Election, he was trying to figure out how to ride the wave. It was a turbulent time. Many people built new audiences on it (like the Dilbert guy and his hypnotism related analysis of what Trump was doing). Many people were censored/cancelled, particularly if they were a too open and too vulnerable (like the bombard body language channel).
IMG_20200624_082143.png

Peterson put on a fucking frogs head and put himself up as the frog spokesperson and then tried to play it off like a fucking cosmic coincidence, like the teacher of college kids had no idea that pepe was a cultural icon of rebellion.
He also didn't do this early on. He did this after a guy yelled "PEPE" at a Hillary Clinton rally and she put a page up explaining what Pepe is to concerned Karen's.

He was so late it's hard to say that it was all just unwitting. It was planned and people fell for it hook line and sinker.

As for his relevance: it has already waned. Even if he comes back and brain intact, a lot of people that were raving about him a year ago have moved on. Unless he has a role to play for mainstream media outlets, he'll be obscure in 5-10 years.

You have to remember, the atheism stuff was also happening during a time when online media was still in infancy, but that has already past. Usually the market gets saturated pretty quickly, but what happened in the political commentary scene is that instead about a quarter of it just got removed, while the old media got it as organ donations.

You'll never again see a similar spectacle.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Epstein

Have your whites spayed or neutered pls
kiwifarms.net
JBP to some degree is a willing asset. For the price of fame and clout he decided to be the face of "traditionalist" sentiment, and while he obviously overestimated his strength, as any narcissist does, he never had any noble goal, his only goal was becoming "leading intellectual of 21st century".

If he truly cared about the ideas he espoused he would never end up in this situation.

But he never was an asset in a sense Jeffrey was. He is a public figure, and a representative of a set of ideas. Therefore, he is still an asset, but retired one. He is not burned, he is just disgraced. I think that he might have had a choice between two scenarios and the fake story with coma in Russia was just the lesser evil. He knew he is going to lose everything anyway.
Well, Sam Hyde gives life advice, and ultimately it is more effective than what Peterson was shilling.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
As for his relevance: it has already waned. Even if he comes back and brain intact, a lot of people that were raving about him a year ago have moved on. Unless he has a role to play for mainstream media outlets, he'll be obscure in 5-10 years.
It depends what audience you mean, and I would argue the majority of his early fans were already gone during the 12 Rules for Life World Tour, outside of the rare interviewer attack. You can see him wrestling with this after his initial aescent as he was trying to distance himself from Faith Goldy and the Right in general (the whole Kavanaugh thing) and cultivate way more centrists. That's who were attending his lectures in these huge theaters, and I think a lot of them are probably still around because they're the ones who also watch all the same acceptable YouTubers as a few years ago. I haven't checked his Patreon, but if it hasn't dropped significantly then nothing's really changed and people are gonna circle the wagons until he pops back up again.

Ironically a lot of his original fans are more likely to be on the Zizek bandwagon now, and I think that debate was the true watermark for his old audience just moving on forever.

Another 2 reasons he will not be back for awhile:
1). He was already discussing taking some time off to read and study since even before the hospitalization, he knew his shtick was getting old and needed to come to the table with something new. My feeling it was to go more political into capitalism vs. communism and individualism vs. collectivism, but those are way choppier waters than "trannies are bananas" and "feminists need to shut up for 5 minutes."
2). To participate in the culture right now in the same dissident way is much more dangerous. We saw his willingness to play the middle and always compromise during the Kavanaugh thing, so where do you think he would stand on BLM and all the riots and statues being torn down? At BEST you might see him sticking up for history and statues and taking a free speech angle, but what people really want is for their thought leaders to take sides which he won't do.

Lemmingwise

Judging you internally
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't checked his Patreon, but if it hasn't dropped significantly then nothing's really changed and people are gonna circle the wagons until he pops back up again.
Read the fucking thread. I gave background on how he quit his patreon like one or two pages back. This happened years ago.

• Autistic
Reactions: Sinners Sandwich

Lemmingwise

Judging you internally
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Get a load of this guy who picked out a single sentence because I didn't study his autistic shit.
It's weird that you both mind that I didn't comment on the whole thing and defend that you didn't at the same time. Pick a character dude, either be too cool for school, or autism wizard. It doesn't work trying to be both.

Rekkington

Obama chuckled. "You mean the chaos emeralds?"
kiwifarms.net
It's weird that you both mind that I didn't comment on the whole thing and defend that you didn't at the same time. Pick a character dude, either be too cool for school, or autism wizard. It doesn't work trying to be both.
Yeah I missed your comment 2 pages back, but sure let's delve deeper into this gay how-dare-you attitude and get your play by play of what character I am trying to be.

Justtocheck

kiwifarms.net
Even before then I suspect. Being a clinical psychologist is not an easy job unless you are a sociopath. You have to listen to people pour their hearts out to you, lay their entire lives out and they want you to fix things and have the right answer, every time.
That's some out-of-ass talk right there. I come from a family of psych pros. If you know what you are doing and have good training you can have a healthy career.

Not gonna lay down the subtleties of psychotherapy, but let's just put it like this; You get trained not to identify yourself with the pain of the patient because you are busy doing your job. The technical term is called "instrumental dissociation". Similar examples of this happen when you hear people taking war photography and saying "I was not scared, I was just busy getting the shot with my camera." It's training that gets you there.

Also, to add to the discussion, I think we should not underestimate how much the Zizek accelerated Peterson's decent. We cannot take it at face value that his benzo addiction is just because of his wife.

Befroe the debate Peterson was undefeated vs Cathy newman and Vice, etc. The match was promoted as the match of the century. But push comes to shove against a "colleague" profesor and Peterson was not only unable to land the "death blow" to Marxist-communist theory, but Zizek played around him. Getting bossed around by a disgusting sniffing european who barely pronounces english would make me a benzo-fiend too.