Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed, Got Hooked on Benzos

Justtocheck

kiwifarms.net
Given how quickly Peterson shut down his speech generator (pussy) I doubt that the estate would allow a publication that wasn't written by him. And it does have the Petersonian arrogance to match.

Beyond that, two things. One, I have zero simpaties for researchers who in this current climate don't cover their asses and play the political game. Second, this is just my observation but Hudlicky (lmao, hud-licky) looks like a complete kiddy diddler with that pedo moustache and creepy stare.

TomAS.pngTOMAS2.png

ditto

kiwifarms.net
Given how quickly Peterson shut down his speech generator (pussy) I doubt that the estate would allow a publication that wasn't written by him. And it does have the Petersonian arrogance to match.

Beyond that, two things. One, I have zero simpaties for researchers who in this current climate don't cover their asses and play the political game. Second, this is just my observation but Hudlicky (lmao, hud-licky) looks like a complete kiddy diddler with that pedo moustache and creepy stare.

View attachment 1405743View attachment 1405744
He looks like the creepy lovechild of Neil Breen and Edward James Olmos.

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
kiwifarms.net
It reads like he writes. Particularly that "I should be gloating, but I'm more responsible than that" is typical Peterson.
I have to disagree. Peterson's normally a clear writer (at least when he's writing for a popular audience; I have not read Maps of Meaning), and this is just a wordy, overstuffed mess. I mean, my fucking god, look at this sentence (hell; look at any of them):
The first story emerges at Brock University, in cahoots with the scientific journal Angewandte Chemie — the former an educational institution of moderate reputability; the latter a prestigious place of scientific publication among chemists.
I cringed hardest at "a prestigious place of scientific publication among chemists." That's just weird. Like, ESL-tier weird. Why not, "a prestigious journal of the chemical sciences?" And "moderate reputability" instead of "moderate repute"? Seriously, the whole sentence is just a mess from stem to stern, and it's not just that one sentence. I C&Ped it as an example specifically because it represents the point in the article when I first thought, "This doesn't read like anything I've ever read by Peterson. Did he even write this?" But I could have grabbed plenty of other strangely-worded, over-wrought sentences out of it to illustrate my point.

Reading this without knowing anything about the author, I would guess that the writer was either well-educated, but had learned English as a second language; or was an undergrad trying to show off. And the whole damned article is like this.

So I cannot help but think that either somebody else wrote it, or his brain damage has seriously fucked his ability to communicate clearly and concisely.

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
So I cannot help but think that either somebody else wrote it, or his brain damage has seriously fucked his ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
"Clearly and concisely" are you sure you are talking about Jordan Peterson?
I'm not going to pretend that I'm an expert on exegesis of JBP writings, however, I don't think he was ever able to communicate concisely.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Hitchens was a far more interesting figure than Peterson. Take away the late-2000s online atheist craze entirely, and Hitchens was still one of the most incisive polemicists of his generation. Remove Peterson from the controversies surrounding pronouns and campus deplatforming however, and all you're really left with is banal self-help advice and performative moralizing. I don't think they're really comparable beyond the fact that they both managed to cultivate an obnoxious fan base. In terms of their intellectual contributions, Peterson is the Žižek to Hitchens' Chomsky.

Peterson may have tried to court media attention for years before he achieved international fame, but I don't think the level of fame he ended up achieving was something he could have anticipated. He certainly took advantage of it after it happened, but I doubt it's something he could have planned.
Hitchens was fucking based.

Last edited:

Dogfacefuke

Sent from my Septic Tank
kiwifarms.net

You can just see the light leave his eyes at the end there.

It's hilarious to me that he ended up in a Russian Hospital of all places. And lol at him saying he was inspired to write something shortly before leaving Russia. You can just tell he's going to be talking about how his experience there "invoked the spirits of the oppressive communist regime" to speak to him or some shit.

I've liked a decent amount of the stuff he has said in the past, and I'll at least credit him for inspiring me to delve into deeper literature in general, but i've always felt like he pretty much blew his load with Maps of Meaning and Personality and its Transformations and he's just been running on autopilot ever since.

Can't really say i'm too interested to read anything more from him now, especially considering he's neurologically damaged. If I did it would be out of morbid curiosity at best.

Lemmingwise

Judging you internally
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that end is really awkward. There's something weird about a guy thanking his daughter to have the talk with him. And there is something really strange about her relief at the end to, when she says "thank god". I guess because the appearance they had been dreading has just been done.

It's nice however that they don't forget to market their products even there, with the "now let's eat a steak" ending.

There's something so very tense about the end of that talk, though.

Dogfacefuke

Sent from my Septic Tank
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that end is really awkward. There's something weird about a guy thanking his daughter to have the talk with him. And there is something really strange about her relief at the end to, when she says "thank god". I guess because the appearance they had been dreading has just been done.

It's nice however that they don't forget to market their products even there, with the "now let's eat a steak" ending.

Their whole family has always been really weird. Like how Mikhaila always publicly calls him "Dad", not "my Dad". I live in Canada, around the same area they are from, nobody speaks like that here when speaking about their father in a public setting.

And yeah, I also laughed at the little "12 Rules for Life" book they propped up in the background there as well.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Kind of reminds me of William S. Burroughs and his son being in the same room and there's this void between them.

Mr E. Grifter

Suits me.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1419197

You can just see the light leave his eyes at the end there.

It's hilarious to me that he ended up in a Russian Hospital of all places. And lol at him saying he was inspired to write something shortly before leaving Russia. You can just tell he's going to be talking about how his experience there "invoked the spirits of the oppressive communist regime" to speak to him or some shit.

I've liked a decent amount of the stuff he has said in the past, and I'll at least credit him for inspiring me to delve into deeper literature in general, but i've always felt like he pretty much blew his load with Maps of Meaning and Personality and its Transformations and he's just been running on autopilot ever since.

Can't really say i'm too interested to read anything more from him now, especially considering he's neurologically damaged. If I did it would be out of morbid curiosity at best.
Ugh, I hope to god he doesn't do this... but he definitely will.

In terms of Maps of Meaning, you're right, and having your Magnum Opus is fine - but fuck me wouldn't it be nice if he said something new. He spent the three years of notoriety he had saying the same shit over and over again, except from when he got on stage to chat shit about the Bible.

The only stuff I ever go back and watch now is when he has someone else interesting on to talk, like Jonathon Haidt. Although his interpretive Bible scholars get a pass every fucking time.