Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed, Got Hooked on Benzos

Elescondio20

kiwifarms.net
Did you watch the video? "The internet" had nothing to do with this
It sure did , without the internet he wouldnt have the messiah complex or the money to think he knows better than most doctors and fry his brain on russia ... just like without the internet Terry A. Davis wouldnt have the money to buy a drum set and get kicked off his parent's house

Pointless Pedant

Waiting in queue for 2b2t
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I just thought of this, but anyone remember when Peterson said “You have to admire Hitler because he was an organizational genius!”

Somehow I don’t think he’d agree if I said the same thing about Stalin.
It's not true at all for either. Speer did his best to maximise Germany's war economy as the war went on but it wasn't even really fully mobilised until 1944. As for Stalin, the less said about agricultural policies and Lysenko the better.

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
well, well, well, well...
I'm not going to watch entire video because I suspect it's pretty boring, but from the couple of minute snippets I watched of it the strained relationship between a father and a daughter was pretty striking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he was reminiscing about her health issues, as if trying to assuage the guilt of burdening his daughter with his problems which he is definitely guilty of.

Think about it: her mother was/is seriously ill. And what Mikhaila's father does? Instead of being the rock, the pillar of the family he crumbles like a little hysterical bitch, and draws attention to himself.

There is no going around this, no justification and no true redemption possible for this major fuck-up. You might disagree with me, as in "everybody makes mistakes and redemption is always possible", and I say bullshit. He failed being a father, being a husband, and being a role model.

I don't care if his daughter is using him for her fame. He used her first anyway.

Astro Galactic Megalul

I is more stronger than Darth Vapor
kiwifarms.net
well, well, well, well...
I'm not going to watch entire video because I suspect it's pretty boring, but from the couple of minute snippets I watched of it the strained relationship between a father and a daughter was pretty striking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he was reminiscing about her health issues, as if trying to assuage the guilt of burdening his daughter with his problems which he is definitely guilty of.

Think about it: her mother was/is seriously ill. And what Mikhaila's father does? Instead of being the rock, the pillar of the family he crumbles like a little hysterical bitch, and draws attention to himself.

There is no going around this, no justification and no true redemption possible for this major fuck-up. You might disagree with me, as in "everybody makes mistakes and redemption is always possible", and I say bullshit. He failed being a father, being a husband, and being a role model.

I don't care if his daughter is using him for her fame. He used her first anyway.
He got on benzos because of the severe allergic reaction, at least according to the story, and couldn't sleep for about 3 weeks (doesn't mean he didn't get any sleep whatsoever, it means he couldn't get proper sleep) which on its own could lead to all kinds of issues.
News that his wife almost certainly going to die soon because of cancer caught him in that condition, already weakened and stressed.

You're being really unfair here. You aren't willing to listen to his own explanation, yet cast final judgement anyway based on preconceived notions.

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
He got on benzos because of the severe allergic reaction, at least according to the story, and couldn't sleep for about 3 weeks (doesn't mean he didn't get any sleep whatsoever, it means he couldn't get proper sleep) which on its own could lead to all kinds of issues.
News that his wife almost certainly going to die soon because of cancer caught him in that condition, already weakened and stressed.

You're being really unfair here. You aren't willing to listen to his own explanation, yet cast final judgement anyway based on preconceived notions.
Yes, I don't care about his spin. I deal with the plain facts. I also don't think that his insomnia justifies anything. People suffer from insomnia for months and years. It sucks, I experienced it myself, it definitely sucks. But it doesn't justify anything.

To be a real role model, a father and a husband doesn't mean that you do it only when the circumstances are favorable, you are well-rested and everyone is healthy. The actual test of your mettle is when you are tired, exhausted even, and the world is crumbling around you.

If you fail this test, it doesn't mean that you are an evil person, it just means that you are WEAK. We should not take example from weak people, because then there would be no one to stand upright when the times are tough.

Now, JBP faces the problem that his entire life he was praising hero myths, and the traditional concept of masculinity.

No matter how you spin it around falling apart after mere three weeks of insomnia is opposite of being masculine hero. It's acting like a wuss. So it's not surprising he tries his best to make it justifiable, but he would not be able to do it even if his brain was not damaged. In his current state, his every feeble attempt to salvage himself is just pitiful.

I don't really like his daughter, but I feel for her. It must have been hell of a ride for her to see her father in this state, especially as she looked up to him as a hero. She might be a stupid thot, but in the end she looks stronger then him, and it's not a good feeling for a woman.

Lemmingwise

Judging you internally
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's also probably why she fell back into the secure arms of the father of her daughter.

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1419197

You can just see the light leave his eyes at the end there.

It's hilarious to me that he ended up in a Russian Hospital of all places. And lol at him saying he was inspired to write something shortly before leaving Russia. You can just tell he's going to be talking about how his experience there "invoked the spirits of the oppressive communist regime" to speak to him or some shit.

I've liked a decent amount of the stuff he has said in the past, and I'll at least credit him for inspiring me to delve into deeper literature in general, but i've always felt like he pretty much blew his load with Maps of Meaning and Personality and its Transformations and he's just been running on autopilot ever since.

Can't really say i'm too interested to read anything more from him now, especially considering he's neurologically damaged. If I did it would be out of morbid curiosity at best.
Man, that ending was so fucking dark. Reminds me of when Wings looked at the old picture of himself; you can see in their eyes that they're looking back at their life, but their current appearance just makes such a stark contrast with the person they're looking back at.

Don't do drugs kids, especially if prescribed by an American doctor who makes money from getting you hooked on their shit.

Wendy Wheelchair

"India nigger retard doctor"
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, that end is really awkward. There's something weird about a guy thanking his daughter to have the talk with him. And there is something really strange about her relief at the end to, when she says "thank god". I guess because the appearance they had been dreading has just been done.

It's nice however that they don't forget to market their products even there, with the "now let's eat a steak" ending.

There's something so very tense about the end of that talk, though.
Jordan is obviously not a very demonstrative "I love you type" but he was obviously tearing up when he thanked her because he loves her so much and is thankful for her sticking by his side the entire time. And she said "Thank God" because they were in Belgrade getting a treatment that seems to be the final one after a series of multiple doctors. She's been with him this entire time and set up most of the clinic stays with not much working, so I would be relieved, too, to have found something that works and to be able to stop clinic hopping after a year.

Last edited:

Doug_S1

Bloomberg 2024
kiwifarms.net
Having listened to the podcast, I have to ask: how the fuck is he still alive? Benzo addiction, pneumonia and a complete mental break? An induced coma? He speaks noticeably slower too. Poor guy.

Must be abysmal to have your avaricious daughter hovering over you like a vulture eagerly awaiting your death.

However, benzos are a lot of fun - don't let them dissuade you kids.

Elescondio20

kiwifarms.net
He got on benzos because of the severe allergic reaction, at least according to th noe story, and couldn't sleep for about 3 weeks (doesn't mean he didn't get any sleep whatsoever, it means he couldn't get proper sleep) which on its own could lead to all kinds of issues.

Spoiler about life: BAD SHIT HAPPENS , he is not the first man on history who had a wife with a terminal illness and another spoiler: most of the people who do don't become drug addicts ... Peterson is a bad human... and i don't say morally bad but in the sense that he is not fully functional but because he builded a brand on being a strong role model that has his shit together of course they're going to make some sob story that sounds nice until you think about it for more than 2 seconfs
Man, that ending was so fucking dark. Reminds me of when Wings looked at the old picture of himself; you can see in their eyes that they're looking back at their life, but their current appearance just makes such a stark contrast with the person they're looking back at.

Don't do drugs kids, especially if prescribed by an American doctor who makes money from getting you hooked on their shit.
Or maybe just listen to the medical consensus about rehab and don't go to russia and fry your brain

Zero Day Defense

Shave your face with some mace in the dark
kiwifarms.net
No matter how you spin it around falling apart after mere three weeks of insomnia is opposite of being masculine hero.
How many weeks of insomnia would make it a reasonable excuse, exactly?

Spoiler about life: BAD SHIT HAPPENS , he is not the first man on history who had a wife with a terminal illness
It doesn't matter if he isn't, because he's dealing with that reality.

Rob from the Kinoplex

No Singles Policy Enforcer
kiwifarms.net
I don't know enough about Peterson to have a reasoned opinion on him but I do know a bit about benzos.

What doctor in their right mind was prescribing them to the point he got addicted? I know prescribing practices are, ahem, "different" in some parts of the world but this still sounds like poor practice. Benzodiazepines prescribed for anxiety relief as a result of a major depressive disorder are meant to be short-term, emergency drugs used to calm someone who is very mentally ill back to some level of normality so that they can be treated long-term with anti-depressants and some kind of talking therapy. Diazepam (valium), for example, is a very good drug in the sense that even a small dose will calm you down and let your brain slow down enough to let you have some rest, but it is very addictive and it will result in a dependency if its taken for any length of time. Sertraline (Zoloft), an SSRI has fairly powerful anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects and it is not addictive, although you do need managed off of SSRIs very carefully. Of course it is not as fast-acting as Diazepam but usually you're talking a fortnight before people see an improvement rather than months. This is a lot quicker then the actual anti-depressant effect of the drug kicks in.

That's all assuming he was getting them from an actual doctor instead of through "other" channels or from Doktor Doktorski in Moscow.

Last edited: