Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed, Got Hooked on Benzos

Justtocheck

Premature ejaculator
kiwifarms.net
I think you're being a bit too unfair to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It didn't become the go to therapy because you can reimburse easily (in some countries like Germany have fun getting reimbursed for therapy lmao) but because simply it works.
The sad thing is that America is not really interested in psychotherapy for the individual. The focus of psychology in english speaking coutnries is not deep reflection or higher awareness of the self, but rather how to keep you working and productive. That's why Peterson is such a psychometric sperg too (Psychometrics main use is to filter people into job brackets. The best psychodiagnostic tool is Rorschach, and the fucking thing takes fucking ages to do, so is virtually unusable).

Most americans would rather be given a pill than do the personal intellectual work of self-relfection and learning. I'm not judging, but as they coined "time is money". And individual therapy takes a lot of time where you are not making money.

CBT is an ego based therapy and is quick. It boiles down to the phrase "If you think good, you'll act good and you'll feel good". It has lots of limitations like most ego-based therapies, since it doesn't even adress the unconscious elements. And besides having your therapist tell you how you should think to feel good is annoying as fuck. Depending on the person, it may work enough to change some thought patters that can have a good effect, but it doesn't go much further.

Oh and as a note, Freud wasn't the first one to "discover" the unconscious. It was Francis Galton. An English scientinst, of all people.

I quote from Galton;

"Perhaps the strongest of the impressions left by the experiment regards the multifariousness of the work done by the mind in a state of half-unconciousness, and the valid reason they afford for believing in the existence of still deeper strata of mental operations, sunk wholly bellow the level of consciousness, which may account for such mental as cannot otherwise be explained."

Galton referring to his experiments in word association. Published in 1883 when Freud was just starting his medical career. Freud was the popularizer tho.

Hyrip123876

Chernobyl FM
kiwifarms.net
Has this been discussed yet? What in God's name happened to Jordan Peterson? His 12 Rules for Life should get an epilogue.
Rule 13: Don't develop a crippling drug addiction that leaves you immunocompromised and chock full of diseases

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has this been discussed yet? What in God's name happened to Jordan Peterson? His 12 Rules for Life should get an epilogue.
Rule 13: Don't develop a crippling drug addiction that leaves you immunocompromised and chock full of diseases
Not to mention Rule 14: Don't fly to Eastern Europe for further treatment for the lingering effects of your benzo addiction during a goddamned global pandemic.

Sweetpeaa

kiwifarms.net
About the ''Love/Hate Russia obsession'' of his (and now his daughter). I find it weirdly American, as in cold war American mentality 1985-ish. This Russia fearing mentality almost never occurred in Canada. For his daughter to say something of ''It's hard to trust a Russian'' when referring to a potential boyfriend is not something that I've ever observed from other Canadians. Many people in Canada are Eastern European and many have ties to Russia or Ukraine.

Peterson is so far immersed in American politics it's simply ridiculous. Most of his commentaries are about American society. You gotta' wonder why he never immigrated to the United States considering all of this. He seems to ignore Canada despite living within it.

Justtocheck

Premature ejaculator
kiwifarms.net
Peterson is so far immersed in American politics it's simply ridiculous. Most of his commentaries are about American society. You gotta' wonder why he never immigrated to the United States considering all of this. He seems to ignore Canada despite living within it.
You should check all the AnH. You'll find Spaniards, Germans, Hungarians, Brazilians, etc all having an opinion on American society and Floyd protests. It's great.

Also, it's interesting you noticed that. There's a video of Jordan Peterson talking about how he visited a nuclear silo that during the Cuban missle crisis had the two keys ready to go, and he said that it shook him up inside, how our ideological conflics almost caused humanity to destroy ourselves. His cold war fears never seemed to have gone away. Though to be fair, it's pretty Crazy to think about how close we were (or are) to our total annihilation.

Also, fucking COVID? What the fuck? Pneumonia in Serbia? So Peterson the millionaire got COVID pneumonia from being hopsitalized in Serbia..? He doesn't learn at all... the true feature of the lolcow.

Gorilla Tessellator

kiwifarms.net
Serious talk now. I watched entire video with Mikhaila, and I have some points to make. I watched it on 2x speed with subtitles.

Apparently JBP is still in withdrawal from benzos, and it got exacerbated when he got chloroquine for COVID (it irritates me that she mispronounces it several times, but she is right that it is GABA antagonist sauce)

He also got second pneumonia, but he wasn't coughing... (cough, cough...)

Anyhow, she was at some point asked if she thinks the West is in decline. This was actually one of few interesting questions in the interview. So she answered that she used to think this way, but she went to Serbia and it's not like it's better over there. I don't know if she realizes that Serbia from late 17th up till 19th century was under heavy influence of Habsburg empire (part of Holy Roman Empire), and while it's situated in the South, it's still part of Europe. It's definitely not Third world or part of Asia. Therefore, it's just not a good enough example of Not-West. (well, Yugoslavian war might made you think it has nothing to do with West, but it's just not accurate historically). Moreover, according to Spengler Western is synonymous with European.

Next point I want to bring up, and the second most interesting question in this interview: what does she think about the fact that some people might consider her father's benzos addiction as undermining the message of his book. Well, in her mind, his addiction to benzos (they call it dependence) was/is completely justified. Lol, wut? Because insomnia due to reaction to some food. She mentions that they at least had support, but so many people are not aware of the possible side effects of benzos. Bitch, please, I didn't know you can't find anything on Wikipedia... It spells there outright that paradoxical reaction to benzos is more common in people with BPD.

And lastly she says she was on antidepressants since she was 12, because she was diagnosed with Bipolar II. She took them till she was 23... OMG. That's all I can say about it...

Last edited:

Justtocheck

Premature ejaculator
kiwifarms.net
Serious talk now. I watched entire video with Mikhaila, and I have some points to make. I watched it on 2x speed with subtitles.

Well, in her mind, his addiction to benzos (they call it dependence) was/is completely justified. Lol, wut? Because insomnia due to reaction to some food. She mentions that they at least had support, but so many people are not aware of the possible side effects of benzos. Bitch, please, I didn't know you can't find anything on Wikipedia... It spells there outright that paradoxical reaction to benzos is more common in people with BPD.

And lastly she says she was on antidepressants since she was 12, because she was diagnosed with Bipolar II. She took them till she was 23... OMG. That's all I can say about it...
Semper Fi. Thank you for your service. I couldn't last 5 mins. Her? Bipolar? Not surprising at all. It should be obvious to anyone by now, but Mikhaila is not to be trusted at all in anything. Not trying to get conspiratorial or anything, but if you ever had contact with real bipolars, that's just a reality.

I did hear her story about contracting the COVID. She said everyone in the hospital got it. Makes enough sense I suppose... I do wonder, could she be lying about COVID, so if he dies he won't have died as a benzo addict, but rather as poor "victim" of COVID? I wonder, it does seem convinient. Claiming to Get COVID would give sympathy points. And since all we have as info for this is her "reporting" that's not much isn't it?

Edit: I forgot that part: Still in withdrawal from Benzos? LMAO, Clonopin at most has 60 hours half-life. That either means he was still on them after Russia, or this is all a big lie. Like when she forgot to mention the small detail that he was also on ketamine. Dunno bro.

Last edited:

Reggie Wanker

kiwifarms.net
Withdrawal lasts a lot longer than the half life of the drug. It can go on for months or longer. You can make it worse depending on what you do. And when you stop taking them you are supposed to gradually reduce your way off it. You are not supposed to stop them abruptly which Peterson did several times. Petersons doctors or psychiatrists did not warn him. I think they even told him it was okay to just stop. That makes withdrawal much worse and last much longer. He seemed to go to several questionable treatment places. Then he got covid in a treatment facilty in Serbia. It looks like he and his family kept doing everything wrong and making his situation worse and worse.

Doctors now say that people are not supposed to take benzos longer than a few weeks. They did not always say this. It seems that Peterson took them a lot longer.

Last edited:

chalkoutline

kiwifarms.net

Apparently JBP is still in withdrawal from benzos, and it got exacerbated when he got chloroquine for COVID (it irritates me that she mispronounces it several times, but she is right that it is GABA antagonist sauce)

He also got second pneumonia, but he wasn't coughing... (cough, cough...)

Anyhow, she was at some point asked if she thinks the West is in decline. This was actually one of few interesting questions in the interview. So she answered that she used to think this way, but she went to Serbia and it's not like it's better over there. I don't know if she realizes that Serbia from late 17th up till 19th century was under heavy influence of Habsburg empire (part of Holy Roman Empire), and while it's situated in the South, it's still part of Europe. It's definitely not Third world or part of Asia. Therefore, it's just not a good enough example of Not-West. (well, Yugoslavian war might made you think it has nothing to do with West, but it's just not accurate historically). Moreover, according to Spengler Western is synonymous with European.

Next point I want to bring up, and the second most interesting question in this interview: what does she think about the fact that some people might consider her father's benzos addiction as undermining the message of his book. Well, in her mind, his addiction to benzos (they call it dependence) was/is completely justified. Lol, wut? Because insomnia due to reaction to some food. She mentions that they at least had support, but so many people are not aware of the possible side effects of benzos. Bitch, please, I didn't know you can't find anything on Wikipedia... It spells there outright that paradoxical reaction to benzos is more common in people with BPD.

Allegedly, he was given powerful antibiotic - Fluorquinolone group. It allegedly caused interaction with Benzos and they had to exclude Fluorquinolone (i.e. Cipro). Actually, part of Serbia - Vojvodina was a part of Austro - Hungarian Impire till 1918. (when Kingdom of Serbia was created).
IMG_20200807_125831.jpg

Last edited:

Justtocheck

Premature ejaculator
kiwifarms.net
Those news are not independent investigations. They are all churnalism based on Mikhaila's "reporting" on The Sun (The Fucking SUN). It could be that he has COVID, but whole thing is sketchy.

I'm starting to notice a pattern. It goes like this, Peterson is doing something stupid with his health, goes to the hospital, get's ICU'd, then Mikahila comes out of the woodworks and claims it was the hospitals and doctors almost killed him due to poor judgment calls. Both hospitals slavic so quality reporting by English speakers is almost impossible. Last time we learned that he was also on ketamine, so we weren't given the whole story.

But why did we learn that he was also on fucking Ketamine WITH benzos? That's nearly like admiting he was on also heroin. That destroys all the "allergic reaction to food" spin Mikhaila said. More than likely is he became a strong addict

Withdrawal lasts a lot longer than the half life of the drug. It can go on for months or longer. You can make it worse depending on what you do. And when you stop taking them you are supposed to gradually reduce your way off it. You are not supposed to stop them abruptly which Peterson did several times. Petersons doctors or psychiatrists did not warn him. I think they even told him it was okay to just stop. That makes withdrawal much worse and last much longer. He seemed to go to several questionable treatment places. Then he got covid in a treatment facilty in Serbia. It looks like he and his family kept doing everything wrong and making his situation worse and worse.

Doctors now say that people are not supposed to take benzos longer than a few weeks. They did not always say this. It seems that Peterson took them a lot longer.
You also noticed it. I'm getting the feeling that Mihkaila is doing a spin here. Like Peterson JUUUST happend to take some small benzos becuase of food and he was a bit sad about his wife (all with the aproval of proper doctors) and it all cascaded down from there due to the doctors incompetence and poor judgement in both America, Russia and Serbia. That's just what the spin looks to me.

You are right about benzos, I wrote that too quickly and I forgot the point I was tring to make with the 60 hours. This is what I learned about Benzo withdrawal and experiences I heard from people. The drug gets out of the system rather quickly. Most of the time, if you tapered off properly you might get the odd headache and bad sleep during 3-5 days and that's it. Almost harmless. If you go stupid and cold turkey while a heavy dose, you might get 2 to 3 weeks of fucking bad time, but hardly deadly. (Everyone who I personally know who did this returned to the drug after some days. It almost like a childish moment they had to fucking quit and didn't plan it.)

But if you are taking benzos very heavily you are 100% also taking something else, and maybe even mixing it with alcohol. The fucking withdrwal then gets hellish and dangerous. That's what I feel Mikhaila is trying to spin. The true extent of his fathers addiction. I don't think just taking recommended doses of benzos, even if high, can create that heavy of a dependency to last 6 months and require a coma to treat.