Manosphere Jordan Peterson - Internet Daddy Simulator, Post-modern Anti-postmodernist, Canadian Psychology Professor, Depressed

GenderCop

Friendly neighborhood gender cop
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit I'm laughing so hard, I never made the connection, but that's so apt. Peterson's word games aren't impressive. He's not as smart as he or his fans thinks he is. Peterson: Renegade Angel indeed. I wonder if he plays the shakashuri?

This reminds of again of Dawkins's The God Delusion. People, including Peterson specifically, criticize Dawkins on a variety of grounds, most of them having nothing to do with what he set out to do in the book or actual things Dawkins has said. Peterson insulted Dawkins, saying that he was refuting a six year old's version of god (which itself is bullshit, both today and historically) when Dawkins both specifically went out of his way in the book to start off defining in a general way what he meant by "god" and everything AND specifically leaving out people exactly like Peterson, who is of a certain type of "intellectual." Dawkins himself specifically says he's not sure what they actually do believe, but he's probably not addressing them.

Peterson needs to cut the crap, people have a general sense of what a "god" is and everyone knows what "believe" means here. This isn't a cause for splitting hairs. Maybe there is a discussion between what exactly a god is and what omnipotence entails but almost nobody in the world believes in their god or gods as some grand literary metaphor.

And these new Christian "intellectuals" that talk about how great Jesus was make me roll my eyes, all that morality was hammered out by philosophers way before Jesus was born. Jesus would've been impressive if he preached against stuff like slavery, but he didn't.

Peterson's not a bad guy or anything, he means well, but it's pretty sad that this is what we have to rally ourselves behind if we hate the social justice bullshit. No wonder intersectional left is only gaining ground...
the radicalism in christianity is in its structure. it was *1st time* in :any: belief system, that *everybody* got their souls (not bodies & not lives, but at least their souls, which was a start) treated equally.
that meant all souls: "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"--that was unheard of, very heady shit.

the concept of all souls being held equally accountable in the hereafter? had never been tried before in history.

we take this utterly for granted now but as Elaine Pagels writes, early Christianity brought them in droves, for this reason alone. it was earth shatteringly radical & new. for this reason jesus didn't have to elaborate much. the fact he was deliberately speaking to *everybody* & not just rich Brahmins or a certain scholarly/priestly class, was the thing. (the play's the thing)

read Elaine Pagels, gnostic gospels & esp "Beyond Belief". ( in fact i think peterson has stolen a good bit from her. )

Yuusha-sama

Protector of voluptuous tights
kiwifarms.net
I really like some of Peterson videos.
As a person I like him too.
And for me he was more entertaining than Sargoy.( btw never watched Sargoy, he was to smug and dumb for me.)

This thread also reminded me that he is doing a European tour, and I thought I check if Peterson is in Berlin or something like that in the near future.
LOL, my first google search result:

Vergangene Events (previous events)

Leader of the group: :story::story::story:

Mai (May)
His followers really need their own thread.

Last edited:

Glad I couldn't help

Now with edge anime avatar
kiwifarms.net
Jordan Peterson to debate Marxist theorist Slavoj Zizek on April 19 at the Sony Centre
Garnet Fraser - Toronto Star
7 hrs ago

a close up of Slavoj Zizek: Canada’s Jordan Peterson and Slovenia’s Slavoj Zizek square off April 19 at the Sony Centre.

The Rumble in the Realm of the Mind — Jordan Peterson vs. Slavoj Zizek — is coming to Toronto, as the two professors will debate “Happiness: Capitalism vs. Marxism” on April 19 at the Sony Centre.

Live Nation announced Thursday that tickets will go on sale March 1 for the clash between Peterson — the bestselling University of Toronto clinical psychologist still speaking to packed houses around the globe — and Zizek, a Slovenian Hegelian-Marxist critical theorist with a cult following of his own going back decades. The meeting apparently flows out of Zizek reportedly describing Peterson as his “enemy” last year at England’s Cambridge Union. Peterson responded feistily on Twitter by saying “Any time, any place, Mr. Zizek.”
Peterson gained fame in 2016 for criticizing Bill C-16, legislation which aimed to amend human-rights legislation to include protections for gender identity or expression, as well as the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s definition of “gender identity,” which is described as a person’s “sense of being a woman, a man, both, neither, or anywhere along the gender spectrum.” Peterson expresses his fears about being compelled to use gender pronouns of others’ choosing — “I don’t believe that it’s intelligent and appropriate for the government to mandate the words that its citizens should speak,” the 56-year-old Alberta native said at the time — and the fallout raised his profile internationally, helping his book 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos, sell millions of copies.
Zizek, who grew up under the Communist regime of Marshal Tito in the old Yugoslavia, is the author of dozens of books.
Tickets ($40-$110 plus fees) from Livenation.com, Ticketmaster.ca, Sonycentre.ca and the Sony Centre box office.
IT'S HAPPENING

Raging Capybara

kiwifarms.net
I have a drinking game for this.

Whiskey for everytime Peterson says Bucko, No joke and wash your penis.

Vodka for everytime Zizek touches bis nose like a coke head, says and so on and so fourth.

If it goes on for more then an hour I'll be dead.
If you drink 0.2ml of the shittiest and least alcoholic beer in the whole universe every time this coke addict touches his nose, you'll be dead in 10 minutes. One hour... pffff.

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
kiwifarms.net
I have a drinking game for this.

Whiskey for everytime Peterson says Bucko, No joke and wash your penis.

Vodka for everytime Zizek touches bis nose like a coke head, says and so on and so fourth.

If it goes on for more then an hour I'll be dead.
You also need to take a shot each time Peterson says "it's not good," and two whenever he invokes the Dragon of Chaos.

Maybe it would be safer to just make up bingo cards, and drink at your leisure.

• Feels
Reactions: Feline Darkmage

kaiwaii

kiwifarms.net
Exactly what is Jordan Peterson's political standing? He doesn't seem like a progressive conservative to me. The man wants fiscal responsibility and less government spending but at the same time is advocating this weird social conservatism which is waning heavily here in Canada and does not match well with fiscal conservatism in our current economic structure in Canada. People here are too indebted to have large families like this guy, at his basis wants to promote. It's not feminism or transgenders killing the traditional family structure it's high cost of living.

If you want less government spending it's not a good idea to keep pushing abortion restrictions. These types don't seem to understand once the kids are born to an unprepared mother or two low income parents it's going to require more government assistance (which types like Peterson's moan about. ''Oh clean up your own mess''). And not to mention the strain on the foster care system which is badly, badly underfunded in Canada.

But of course Peterson goes off on tangents about feminists and trans people as the problem destroying both Canadian and U.S society - seems like a weird diversion technique to me to keep people ignorant about incoming economic collapse.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
Exactly what is Jordan Peterson's political standing? He doesn't seem like a progressive conservative to me. The man wants fiscal responsibility and less government spending but at the same time is advocating this weird social conservatism which is waning heavily here in Canada and does not match well with fiscal conservatism in our current economic structure in Canada. People here are too indebted to have large families like this guy, at his basis wants to promote. It's not feminism or transgenders killing the traditional family structure it's high cost of living.

If you want less government spending it's not a good idea to keep pushing abortion restrictions. These types don't seem to understand once the kids are born to an unprepared mother or two low income parents it's going to require more government assistance (which types like Peterson's moan about. ''Oh clean up your own mess''). And not to mention the strain on the foster care system which is badly, badly underfunded in Canada.

But of course Peterson goes off on tangents about feminists and trans people as the problem destroying both Canadian and U.S society - seems like a weird diversion technique to me to keep people ignorant about incoming economic collapse.
It's not just high cost of living; it's also because having kids fucking sucks. And having a lot of kids fucking sucks even more. When sane people have a choice, they choose to have one or two kids because that choice doesn't wreck a woman's body, and it gives both parents the possibility of still having a life.

Feline Darkmage

Queen Tank, the Vice Signaler
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
found a nice meme imitating both contestants (and also dave ruben). pretty spot on.

Still a month away but I am hyped still.

Anyway if anybody wants a thread for his fanbase, then go make one. If its good it'll pass PG but regardless until then just post them being idiots in here too. Just saying this so the next time it happens I get to bully someone for derailing and not reading my posts.

Stalinist

blingwars quest; t. necromancer *~\(̅ö_̅Õ(̅/)
kiwifarms.net

Still a month away but I am hyped still.
Its gonna be a shitshow. A fun psychoanalytic shitshow, but nonetheless a shitshow. Both sides will claim their dude wonned, we all know, but damn, just hearing those two in the same room is gonna make my brain initially confused, then explode.

Hellbound Hellhound

kiwifarms.net

My reading of Peterson is that he is basically a milquetoast conservative cum neoliberal acolyte. He preaches a kind of naive individualism which is superficially empowering, but one which in the end only serves to encourage passivity, and thus perpetuate most of the problems his followers turn to him to address.

His answers concerning climate change are a perfect illustration of this: he basically says that it is better not to worry about it and focus on your own life than it is to upset the status quo, no matter how urgently the status quo may need upsetting.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
His answers concerning climate change are a perfect illustration of this: he basically says that it is better not to worry about it and focus on your own life than it is to upset the status quo, no matter how urgently the status quo may need upsetting.
If the status quo is going to end in a hell of a lot of people dying, why shouldn’t we upset it?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino