• ”That site is revolting and I really couldn't stop thinking about it last night.”

Science Journalists getting PTSD from covering the Alt-Right

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Kokorengo, May 16, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. https://theoutline.com/post/4543/jo...alt-right-white-nationalists?zd=2&zi=fadwtoid
    http://archive.is/zXFGP

• Winner Winner x 28
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Remember when journalists used to go to literal war zones and not cry about their hurt feefees afterwards?

• Winner Winner x 54
    • Agree Agree x 15
    • Feels Feels x 8
    Trash Eater

Trash Eater Keeper of the Ali Baba sword

kiwifarms.net
  3. Reminds me of the time that soy slurping insect wrote an article about how firing a gun for the first time gave him PTSD.

It's also funny to me that all this happened in CWC's backyard.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Git

Git

kiwifarms.net
  4. That was Gersh Kuntzman:

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. After this happened, and people were mocking him for his cuckery, a custom holster maker sent him a little tampon holster.

:story:

• Winner Winner x 39
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. "Forty nine people can be gone in 60 seconds."

Surely that isn't what passes for a high score these days? *testing fuses*

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. I can’t decide which “cause” of PTSD is dumber. This, or getting sprayed in the face with a Squirt-Bottle.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    #7 TheClorax, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    TheClorax

TheClorax Back, but won't post as much.

kiwifarms.net
  8. OP has a perfect avatar for the story.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Remember when people reported on the holocaust, the pictures tney had to take, the stories they had to hear and make palatable for their audience? And this guy goes to a neonazi rally and writes a veritable novel on how it mentally scars him.

• Feels Feels x 16
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Maiden-TieJuan

Maiden-TieJuan Your roving Californialand reporter
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. And shows a photo of some overturned trash cans.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  11. I remember that article and all I can think of whenever I think on that, I remember how Noam Chomsky said his thoughts on the Punch A Nazi thing like "When we move to the arena of violence, the most brutal guys win – and that’s not us."

This limp-wristed little queenie and the one that did OP's article have proven that assertion right so eloquently that it's almost depressing

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Hux

Hux

kiwifarms.net
  12. >PTSD
    >anxious and irritable for an hour

I hope a veteran punches that guy in the Kuntz.

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 1
    CervixHammer

CervixHammer Internet ist Krieg

kiwifarms.net
  13. If you get PTSD from covering the alt-right, you’re a bigger fag than Milo. Go look at the footage journalists did in Vietnam then we’ll talk.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. I have a relative who got PTSD because he fought in Vietnam and saw his friend die during that. These people are fucking weak.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Feels Feels x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Stephen Fry's gonna take some think-twink's ass.

kiwifarms.net
  15. I thought the end result of political correctness and everyone-gets-a-trophyness would be people too childish to handle criticism, and would erupt into tantrums and stomp their feet when they didn't get their way.

It's far worse.

We've gotten people who can't handle REALITY. The act of being exposed to dissent is literally traumatic to them.

Agreed, I somehow think a reporter wearing a flak jacket while delivering his story was/is in more mortal peril than a person who got called a name over the internet.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  16. I cry every time. (:_(

• Feels Feels x 10
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. Correct. LOL, these people can come back to me when they witness a person stepping on a landmine.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Stephen Fry's gonna take some think-twink's ass.

kiwifarms.net
  18. Except they literally saw someone get murdered. I expected this to be another stupid article about PTSD via twitter or something, but seeing someone get killed is... understandable as a cause.

PTSD isnt "crying about" something if you really have it. Don't let fakers make you too cynical about how badly it can fuck up someone's life to be legitimately traumatized.
    That doesn't mean they weren't fucked up over it, they just kept it to themselves. And drank more.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    sperginity

sperginity crescent fresh

kiwifarms.net
  19. This is an example of the students Berkeley’s sending out into the real world. Can’t handle a different opinion and being an adult. We’ve got colleges and people who should know better encouraging this behavior. Welcome to current year.

• Feels Feels x 8
    kiwifarms.net
  20. But fuck were they more respectable when it came to news. They literally chased their stories and gave first-hand accounts.

Fuckwads these days retweet or link an article from another shit website as their source. Even worse is when their article is just rephrasing what their linked article fucking says god fucking damn I hate journalists these days.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.