• “stewing and brewing”
  1. We have wrought ourselves into a new era under a new host. If you experience tech issues, let me know.

Science Journalists getting PTSD from covering the Alt-Right

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by Kokorengo, May 16, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Cricket

1. 4 to 59%. Wow. That's, umm, some range.

WTF does this have to do with neo-nutzis?

• Agree Agree x 10
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  2. > Constantly demand that their political enemies be marginalized, disenfranchised, and outright exterminated.

> Get PTSD just from thinking about them.

:story:

• Sieger Sieger x 32
    • Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  3. - P.J. O’Rourke talking about Somalia.

These modern pansies stick to such weakass clickbait because going anywhere would leave them as shivering wrecks.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    neverendingmidi

neverendingmidi it just goes on and on and on and on...

kiwifarms.net
  4. >i dont sell weapons to people that ask stupid questions about the guns
    Oh boy, i forgot that everyone knows the law like the back of their hands and exceptions dont exist, if people were asking him what a gun does i get it, but if someone asks you hey, what would legally happen to me if x, y or z were to happen in regards to my gun, just answer the question, no need to be an exceptional individual about it

• Agree Agree x 5
    the autist of dojima

the autist of dojima JUDGEMENT.HAS COME.TO YOU

kiwifarms.net
  5. By "limit my exposure to graphic content" I'm sure he means seeing opinions that are different from his own, and what the fuck is he even recovering from? Some mean words? Seeing too many white dudes in one area? Jesus fuck someone drop this weak bitch in the middle of warzone with a handycam so he can get a real taste of PTSD inducing journalism.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Sieger Sieger x 1
    FierceBrosnan

FierceBrosnan Gettin too old for this shit.

kiwifarms.net
  6. "Chris Schiano — a reporter with Unicorn Riot who covered the Tiki torch march on UVA’s campus — also worked on the Discord leaks....Speaking with The Outline, he recalled that going through the violent logs was stressful — even though, as a white man, he knew he wasn’t a target of these groups."
    I can almost assure you that the people protesting at Charlottesville, assuming that the attack was intentional (there's some question as to whether the dude in the car was spooked by an antifa member who was threatening him with a gun), would have felt as little remorse for this soyboy as they did for Heather Heyer. Hell, considering how much the alt-right hates journalists, they might have been even more pleased with themselves.
    Also, lol at “Especially in this job, I find myself drinking more than I want to. It’s not a great coping mechanism,” Maybe Trump Derangement Syndrome has been partially fuelled by journos becoming drunkards :story:

• Agree Agree x 5
    Stock Image Photographer

Stock Image Photographer What kind of fruit do you like the most?

kiwifarms.net
    • Feels Feels x 5
    • Sieger Sieger x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    ZeeMarin

ZeeMarin ZeeMarin

kiwifarms.net
  7. Now, I'd understand a journalist having PTSD after covering war, genocide, or other extremely traumatizing situations. But this? No. Stop diluting the word and the disorder to where we stop taking people with legit conditions are questioned and doubted.

• Agree Agree x 21
    Reynard

Reynard Alpha (She)Male

kiwifarms.net
  8. There are plenty of journalists that do get PTSD. Usually they're war correspondents, though. Joseph Galloway, for example, was in Vietnam and so close the fighting he had to help pull bodies back to safety. If you ever see him talk about his experiences you can see they fucked him up just like the soldiers he was deployed with.

• Agree Agree x 8
    The Shadow

The Shadow Well...Gonna rate me autistic or whistle dixie?

kiwifarms.net
  9. Again, it's times like thise when these faggots should read shit like the Turner Diaries or listen to the "American Dissident Voices" progrem.
    I wonder how their sheltered minds would handle it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Sieger Sieger x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Oglooger

Oglooger disgruntled
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. I really hate the abuse of mental illness to get ass pats.

I had a family member who had PTSD you know how he got it? Watching Japs flame throw his men. Boys, not even needing to shame ripped to hell and back by napalm. Guess what? he raised a family, had a life, hobbies, friends etc.

Does PTSD fuck you up? Absolutely. Is treatment exponentially better than it was during ww2? Yes. The people I truly pity are vets as we have so much care and we let them drink themselves to death in the street, while this little faggot saw a pepe and is gonna get disability bux.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Feels Feels x 3
    Bassomatic

Bassomatic Scribe of the loveshies
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. i get ptsd every time i remember how far western society has fallen

• Feels Feels x 18
    • Agree Agree x 2
    OhGoy

OhGoy this... is LofaSofa's curse

kiwifarms.net
  12. Now they know how it feels to be Brian Williams shot down in a helicopter over Iraq, or Hillary Clinton landing under sniper fire in Bosnia.

• Sieger Sieger x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    CWCchange

CWCchange ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ

kiwifarms.net
  13. Pretty much. My great-uncle got shot in the hand by the VC and had to pretend to be dead and also witnessed the death of his friend. He had a drinking problem for years after. PTSD fucked him up big time but he has a normal life now. He has kids and a family and works. This is just embarrassing, honestly. These fuckers are just going to whine and expect everyone to cater to them.

• Feels Feels x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    #34 Oscar Wildean, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Oscar Wildean

Oscar Wildean Stephen's ready to take some think-twink's arse.

kiwifarms.net
  14. Guess its time to dust off this old thing
    [​IMG]

• Sieger Sieger x 21
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 5
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Judge Holden

Judge Holden Pigfucker
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I find it absolutely baffling, and disgusting, that soldiers going through real hell overseas were denied any kind of help for their PTSD, or even any kind of recognition, yet complete mongoloids like the writer of this article get megaphones to whine about people whose opinion differ from theirs.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Feels Feels x 1
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Diddy does it for free
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Audie Murphy, probably one of the most badass soldiers who fought in World War II, suffered from severe PTSD following the war. He took sleeping pills just so he wouldn't have nightmares about the war, and he slept with a loaded pistol under his pillow. After going cold turkey with the sleeping pills, he suffered emotional outbursts that alarmed friends and family. Because of all this, he openly spoke about his experiences with PTSD to spread awareness about the condition and so people could help returning veterans of Korea and Vietnam.

In spite of everything, Murphy used the memories and trauma the war gave him to try and help veterans of the then-current wars, knowing full well they would be going through the same shit he was going.

This bitch on the other hand uses PTSD as an excuse for asspats and justification for being a fucking pussy.

What a world we live in now. People like Murphy are rolling in their graves.

• Feels Feels x 17
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Baldur's Gait

Baldur's Gait I am become death! Destroyer of worlds!

kiwifarms.net
  17. 43DD3BF0-B4B9-414A-9DDA-116729397941.jpeg
    This story I can see giving a person nightmares. Reading logs online of people shit talking is not.

• Feels Feels x 8
    neverendingmidi

neverendingmidi it just goes on and on and on and on...

kiwifarms.net
  18. Meanwhile you have shit brains like Gregory Silcido and all these other campus liberals that consider the guys that have to put up with these afflictions to be murderers and the lowest of the low.

While I know that not every veteran on earth is an angel worthy of constant praise (McCain being a big example of this, gets taken prisoner and wants to throw other young men into harm's way) and I agree the "murica! glass all dem carpet jockeys and let gawd sort em out" crowd is exceptional as fuck, you have to be a very special kind of pissbag to think that the trauma of looking at mean words on a screen even vaugely compares what those guys have to go through.

The biggest bit of solace in all this is that while the vets get their memorials, no one will ever remember the names of these spoiled, over-pampered hipsters

• Agree Agree x 7
    #39 Hux, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Hux

Hux

kiwifarms.net
  19. To be fair, most of them were always shit.

• Agree Agree x 8
    Apoth42

Apoth42 Verified Degenerate

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.