Juan Ortiz \ SomeCallMeJohnny & (The) SuperGamingBros. -

JimmerSnail

Waaaay too serious
kiwifarms.net
Hi. I wanted to open a thread and talk with you about one of my former favourite youtubers.
Especially to hear your opinions about him,tbh (even if the thread stays dormant until the inevitable day when something exceptional happens).

He is a Mexican boy called "Juan Ortiz", aka "SomeCallMeJohnny".
He makes good videogames reviews in a somewhat chill way, in his main channel, as seen in one of his latest review:

Although he used to be a bit more aggressive\over the top with his reviews, here are a few "historical" ones, but that was when he still was looking for his style, which now is that one you saw in the earlier review.

and this one is when SomeCallMeJohnny still wasn't a thing and SuperGamingBros (SGB) was still his main channel [which was later rebranded in "somecallmejohnny"]
Especially his reviews before these ones were a complete rip off the style of AVGN and Nostalgia Critic, because they were at the peak of their youtube 'career' back in the time span from 2008-2010, and even he admitted that.
ahh... the good ol' days of "Pool's closed" and leeroy jenkins. I miss that time period

He generally looks like a good guy.
But as some of you may know, in this time span that goes from early 2017 to today you need to become a full LGBT+ supporter and virtue signal every 4 seconds, otherwise those exceptional individuals with a severe hormone dysfunction will start screaming at you for not being "supportive".

By this I mean that I've noticed an ever increasing sperging in his gameplay videos (especially the videos in the Super Gaming Brothers channel) where he would randomly ""roast"" anything anti-sjw.

This is particularly noticeable in his Super Mario 3D World playthough:
[playlist]
Also, I can't help feeling that the girl that randomly says something unfunny, 'Sabrina', is also partially causing this. But a screenshot proved me wrong already, although she's still unfunny, you can notice her being completely out of place in the Cuphead videos.

This is the screenshot I was mentioning earlier:

Of course the troon starts sperging asap. It would've been weird hearing some decent arguments from them. Also, isn't it ironic that he RTd a ResetEra thread?

In short;
While his reviews are still good, at least those should be good for a few more months, until he decides to go full polygon\kotaku, I've noticed a decline in quality from Juan & Crew's LP channel. Especially since early 2019, when he started virtue signaling more by """roasting¹""" anything that is trendy these days (like the clown emoticon). Oh, but it must be funny purposely fucking up easy jumps on Super Mario 3D World for the 500th time (to the point of going in game over for the second time) for some staged lulz. but if you don't like it then you're a terrible person and you're probably some buzzword SJW made up.

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this from you. Also, if you have any information on the rest of the SGB crew, then please feel free to post.

¹ : Centrist\Leftist memes, that kind of quality "roast". But with more out of place screaming because 'LOLRANDOM IS FUN!!1! xddd'

Last edited:

saisegeha

motel money buffet madness
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I don't think he's a lolcow/worth a thought at all, I used to watch him and nowadays it just seems like he goes with the flow of the audience, sort of like most Vinesauce streamers.
'Cause you know, if you want YouTube bucks these days you either have to be annoyingly supportive of everything or build up a grumpy persona.

JimmerSnail

Waaaay too serious
kiwifarms.net
Now if he starts inserting it into his regular reviews that'd be a different story.
Yes, I'm afraid he'll start doing it. I hope he won't, but we know how this kind of shit goes down.
I especially liked his gameplays because they were pretty chill and fun, I mean, fuck. His crash bandicoot playthrough was awesome, and so were the sonic heroes and jester ones.

Last edited:

Smug Chuckler

Rape Joke Man
kiwifarms.net
He's another sonic loving autist but not lolcow worthy (yet), here is another channel he has participated in since LPs were starting to become a thing.

• Informative
Reactions: JimmerSnail

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Eh I’ve heard he’s said some stupid stuff on twitter but I usustay far away from that place (I’m of the mindset that Twitter one of the worst things invented by man). He seems like a pretty chill guy overall (hopefully he won’t pull a Quinton)

Mazinkaiser

kiwifarms.net
I’ve been watching Johnny for years, always loved his content. Keeps his reviews about the game in question and doesn’t bring up unnecessary information unless he thinks it’ll explain his stance on something, which I find admirable. Very nice dude, too.

JimmerSnail

Waaaay too serious
kiwifarms.net
Time stamped the apology for those curious

Imagine having to apologize for a single joke\comment you made so many years ago that probably nobody remembers nor care about.
He could've simply said some bullshit like "I'm sorry if that joke now offends you, but those were other times" in the descriptions of both videos, or simply in a comment of that same video, instead of doing that fake-ass shrug which is extremely embarrassing to see.

also sure apologizing for a trans joke can be dumb but likely to avoid big backlashes.
Yes, he most probably did that because of it.
"So you said something a fuckton of years ago that now we find offensive? bend the knee and ask for our forgiveness or perish."

Pretty much the whole LGBT\SJW community in general, fucking hell they're annoying. they're killing everything they can, the gaming industry is fucked, the movie industry is fucked beyond repair, the music industry is... fucking hell, does it exists anymore? You can't say or do shit without having these ones crying for a protest, because they're bored out of their mind since they have no life, and since they can't be happy, then nobody can.
I wish people would've silenced them back when they started being annoying instead of falsely agreeing.

Sorry for sperging, back on topic: your opinions on his charity events?

Last edited:

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
While this is all very sad, I'll give Juan the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he believes all of this. Maybe he's bending the knee so some ResetEra busybody doesn't ruin his future career prospects. YouTube's rules are also beyond convoluted now. It's like YT makes life impossible for content creators so it can rebrand as a competing paid streaming service, "working itself out naturally," to quote Office Space. So you'd best apologize if you want to keep that video money rolling in...while you're still allowed to exist on this platform at all.

As others have said, he (mostly) keeps it out of his videos. He could do better and stay radio silent like James Rolfe does, but whatever. Until he pauses in the middle of a review to say, "but seriously folks, ya'll need to lay off Desmond and let him stay fierce," he's fine.

Actually, there's one thing that bugs me about him: he talks way too fast and stumbles over words when he's reading scripts. It's noticeable but I can relate, having dabbled in content creation. After 20 takes it's fucking infuriating and you're ready to get those words recorded already.

Cod of War

kiwifarms.net
Gonna treat this like the Yahtzee thread until something substantial happens. He uploaded the first half of his Pokemon Gen V VS. videos, enjoyable as usual. As for wokeness, he talked about Gen V finally put Black trainers in Pokemon, 3:55 in the video.

Reactions: JimmerSnail

AsbestosFlaygon

I'll rape you.
kiwifarms.net
The info in the thread's interesting, but I'd argue this would've been better posting into one of the YouTube threads in multimedia. Could he warrant a thread eventually? Maybe, but as of right now all he has is some anti-SJW leanings, and even then he doesn't seem to have done it much. This reminds me of the first ten pages of the Sargon thread, or the Game Theory threads where it's basically just spergs that had hate boners for them and lots of "Is he or isn't he a lolcow?" Personally I think if you have to ask "Do you think he's a lolcow/thread worthy?" that should be a red flag, because the interesting threads are those that you can just read the OP and go "Holy shit he's a character." When you have to ask that tends to mean that they don't have a lot to them, which generally means that there will be little discussion on him.

Slap47

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
Dunno, I have no problem liking youtubers that I disagree with politically.

I really don't see much to warrant a thread as his politics and videos are pretty separate. He doesn't even do occasional political jokes.

Not much entertainment value from laughing at his opinions either. May as well put them in the TDS thread/

• Agree
Reactions: AsbestosFlaygon

ComeoutandJULAY

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BU-BURN TO THE GROUND
kiwifarms.net
I'll admit, that apology he gave in his Let's Go review for a supposed trans joke he made a long-ass time ago baffled me the first time I heard it. I remember almost saying out loud, "What in the fuck did he do that for?" And apparently I wasn't the only one who thought the same way--after I finished watching it I stopped by the comments section and saw a bunch of people, including those claiming to be trans themselves, tell him it wasn't necessary for him to do. Hell, it wasn't even a joke about trans people; I guess in today's political climate there might be a handful of crazies who'll perceive it as such because of the whole pronouns thing, but in that context it was clearly all about pointing out Bugsy's androgyny, which has little if anything to do with wanting to become a chick (as we've seen time and time again, most trannies pass like utter shit). If anything it was more of a joke about Japan's fetish for bishie characters and their apparent need for dudes to look as effeminate as possible. I dunno. If he really felt the need to address a stupid joke he made over six years ago, he should have just put out a quick tweet or something instead of cramming it into his actual content. But maybe that's just what I would have done if I were in his shoes.

But aside from that...yeah, I guess you could say Johnny is a libtard, but that's something I've known about him for a long time now. Hasn't stopped me any from watching his shit--call me a sycophant if you want, but that's just what I think. His politics do creep up from time to time in his videos, but never have they really done so in an intrusive manner like in, say, an Extra Credits video. To me it's not so much that he's shoving his political views down his viewers' throats as it is that his beliefs are out in the open and that he has no real reason to hide them at this point. I guess he's more vocal about them on Twitter or wherever else, but it's never a good idea to look at any social media of the people you watch anyway (*cough* *cough* Todd in the Shadows *cough* *cough*). Not to mention, apart from saying the word "re-tard" a few times in some of his earlier material he's never particularly been an "edgy" or otherwise politically incorrect reviewer, so it makes a bit more sense that he goes out of his way to not offend anyone. Outside of that, in the six or so years I've watched him I have never seen Johnny involve himself in dumb high school drama with other e-celebs, nor have I seen him lash out in any way at his audience. For someone who's been doing YouTube for more than a decade and is a Sonic sperg to boot, he has to be doing something right. Even the whole trans thing proved that he's capable of self-reflection, as bizarre as said self-reflection may have been.

To avoid ending this post on a bittersweet note, my favorite videos from Johnny have to be his 50-minute review of Sonic '06 (which isn't as comprehensive as Clement's three-hour behemoth of a review but also isn't nearly as spergy), his Super Mario Sunshine review where he spends the second half of it shit-faced (or at least acts that way), and his video on Sonic racing games which contains his attempt to play Sonic Free Riders while fighting the Kinect's god-awful motion controls.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino