World Julian Assange 'to be kicked out of the Ecuadorean embassy in HOURS and arrested as country does deal with UK authorities' to end his seven-year stay - Ecuadorian government source says Assange could be imminently expelled and Quito has an agreement with UK to arrest

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
Multiple people have pointed to Assange's questionable personal hygiene

It was on a list of 140 things Wikileaks doesn't want reporters to say

https://observer.com/2019/01/wikileaks-julian-assange-poor-hygiene/

Bill Keller of the NYT remarked on it

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/magazine/30Wikileaks-t.html

The WashPo reported on Assange's questionable personal hygiene

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/07/julian-assange-fails-smell-test/?utm_term=.bc8795595137

Daniel Domsheit-Berg called Assange 'a paranoid megalomaniac whose lack of personal hygiene and table manners suggest he was 'brought up by wolves'

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110213/Timestwo/t2_10.html

Assange fired him, using language from the Espionage Act

This is a highly hypocritical thing for him to do

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/daniel-domscheit-bergs-inside-wikileaks/2011/03/25/AFdc37jD_story.html?utm_term=.9726f50f903a

You can criticise Western governments for a lot of things and I frequently do. One thing they're not though is a cult of personality like Wikileaks where any criticism of The Leader is treason and The Leader is Leader for life. Assange's approach to leadership would have made absolute monarchs of the 'l'état : c'est moi' type blush a bit.
"No internet until you clean your bathroom, Ecuador told Julian Assange, "

You know that's a hit piece, right? Quoting NYT and Wapo smears is sad enough, but quoting the lying shit Daniel Domsheit-Berg for anything is downright hilarious. Of all the legitimate criticism of Assange out there, you zero in on baseless muck from sources literally controlled by the people who hate him most. Maybe you want to bring up the cat abuse smears next? Perhaps you could quote The Guardian for that one!

KeyserBroze

Sleep is for people who run out of Cocaine
kiwifarms.net
Do you think that America shouldn't have fought the Revolutionary War?

Since violent revolution is the worst way to combat tyranny, and all?
Just to clarify, in 1775 there were no Americans.

The 'tyranny' was having to pay taxes, albeit at a reduced rate, to the crown.

The 'Revolutionary War' was a result of one group of British people finding a way to avoid paying their taxes which i would argue, historically speaking, is just about the most British thing a man can do.
:semperfidelis:

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
You know that's a hit piece, right? Quoting NYT and Wapo smears is sad enough, but quoting the lying shit Daniel Domsheit-Berg for anything is downright hilarious. Of all the legitimate criticism of Assange out there, you zero in on baseless muck from sources literally controlled by the people who hate him most. Maybe you want to bring up the cat abuse smears next? Perhaps you could quote The Guardian for that one!
The Guardian and NYT were both Wikileaks partners that Assange fell out with.

And as far as the '140 false and defamatory things about

https://emma.best/2019/01/07/140-things-youre-not-allowed-to-say-about-assange-or-wikileaks/

It is false and defamatory to suggest that Julian Assange has ever walked into embassy meeting rooms in his underwear.

It is false and defamatory to suggest that Julian Assange drinks to excess.

It is false and defamatory to suggest that Ecuador suggested that Julian Assange did not look after his cat or asked him to improve his care of it.

It is false and defamatory to suggest that Julian Assange has ever neglected an animal.

It is false and defamatory to suggest that Ecuador asked Julian Assange to improve his hygiene.
'False and defamatory' strongly suggests he will sue for libel. But as Guardian editor Rusbridger remarked when Assange threatened to sue him 'what court would hear the case'. Assange was a fugitive from justice at the time - he'd need to leave the embassy to sue someone and in doing so he'd be arrested.

Also why is a transparency organisation threatened to sue people? The root problem with Assange is that he wants to use transparency to undermine his enemies' (aka 'the US) power but not to undermine his power. He claims IP rights over stolen info. This is all deeply hypocritical.

And that is a much more serious problem than how often he takes a shower. Which is not often.

Wake me up

CωC Club founder
kiwifarms.net
Several posts on reddit are claiming that this is the insurance file (or one of), made public after Assange's arrest. Can anyone here deny or confirm?

Some of the files have been modified as late as 2018 so it might be it, despite my initial suspicion. EDIT apparently it's just an archive of everything they already released (hopefully no one else will get their hopes up, sorry @dannyfrickenp).

Last edited:
Reactions: heathercho

theshep

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Several posts on reddit are claiming that this is the insurance file (or one of), made public after Assange's arrest. Can anyone here deny or confirm?

Some of the files have been modified as late as 2018 so it might be it, despite my initial suspicion.
Ahhh.. That old chestnut.

This is my favourite file:

Jobs.png

It has been available for quite some time.

dannyfrickenp

I am screaming but God is deaf.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Some of the files have been modified as late as 2018 so it might be it, despite my initial suspicion.
You know, I got really excited for a second that this was the insurance file dump, and I got extra excited when I saw this:

But then I was disappointed when it was just a manual for some computer program.
Then I was doubly disappointed to realize this was just the site index of everything they already published.
Man, I was so ready for this. Today sucks.

Screaming Bird

Let me sing you the song of my people
kiwifarms.net
So according to this, what they cracked was a fucking NTLM hash.
https://www.wired.com/2011/12/army-manning-hearing/
He asked “Frank” if he had experience cracking IM NT hashes (presumably it’s a mistype and he meant NTLM for the Microsoft NT LAN Manager).
A NTLM hash. In 2010. On DoD computers, for access to top secret classified documents.

For some context, check out the vulnerabilities section of the wikipedia page for NTLM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NT_LAN_Manager#Weakness_and_Vulnerabilities
In 2012, it was demonstrated that every possible 8-character NTLM password hash permutation can be cracked in under 6 hours.

In 2019, this time was reduced to roughly 2.5 hours by using more modern hardware
Microsoft replaced NTLM as the default network authentication method in Windows 2000 because it was too insecure. And the fucking DoD was using it to secure top secret material in 2010.

I'm gonna double down on my previous statement and say not only did they deserve to get hacked for having security shit enough for these two morons to get past it, I'm genuinely shocked this didn't happen much more often. That's like wrapping up your wallet in tape that says "my wallet donut steel" and leaving it in downtown Detroit and expecting it to still be there the next day. The incompetence is fucking staggering.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna double down on my previous statement and say not only did they deserve to get hacked for having security shit enough for these two morons to get past it, I'm genuinely shocked this didn't happen much more often. That's like wrapping up your wallet in tape that says "my wallet donut steel" and leaving it in downtown Detroit and expecting it to still be there the next day. The incompetence is fucking staggering.
While that is shockingly bad, all the security in the world won't do you much good when you give your top secret info to an insane troon.

KeyserBroze

Sleep is for people who run out of Cocaine
kiwifarms.net

"Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange could face a renewed investigation into an allegation of rape in Sweden."

"Swedish prosecutors said they were examining the case at the request of the alleged victim's lawyer."

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino