World Julian Assange 'to be kicked out of the Ecuadorean embassy in HOURS and arrested as country does deal with UK authorities' to end his seven-year stay - Ecuadorian government source says Assange could be imminently expelled and Quito has an agreement with UK to arrest

Jane Lane

I met a high ranking mason at a gay bar
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This post is pure speculation on my part, but it's what makes sense to me.

Going back to my earlier post, it makes sense that Trump is planning to pardon Assange in exchange for information, particularly the source of the DNC leak:

Pros of Trump pardoning Assange
  1. Exposing DNC with the source of the leak, and why he was really killed
  2. Appears to be a free speech advocate, and garners support from establishment critics
    1. Retains his status as being anti-establishment, which helped him win the 2016 election
  3. He may get other sources of information from Assange, which could prove useful in the 2020 election
Cons of Trump pardoning Assange
  1. No support from establishment in either major party
    1. counterpoint: he's never had it to begin with
  2. ???
So why hasn't someone in the Trump administration suggested to the president, "Let's pardon him!" yet? Why is he not yet pardoned?
They likely have thought of it, and so has Trump, but the problem lies in Sweden out for his blood for the bogus rape charge. The UK wants him extradited to Sweden, and he's currently in the UK's custody. They're likely waiting for a chance to bring him into the US, and then they'll give him the deal. By appearing to be apathetic about Assange's fate on Twitter, Trump may be lulling other US politicians into thinking he won't raise up a finger in his defense. This may make it easier and quicker to get Assange into the US.

But isn't Trump courting the same establishment hacks that want the leaked information suppressed?
When has he ever? He's never courted them, and he's known for being anti-establishment, as least on a very visible level.

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
But isn't Trump courting the same establishment hacks that want the leaked information suppressed?
When has he ever? He's never courted them, and he's known
His entire cabinet is made up of the neocon hacks who wanted to kill Assange way back when. John Bolton is his fucking National Security Adviser. The Chief Spook, Mike Pompeo, is Secretary of State. Trump has literally nothing to gain by pardoning Assange and a whole lot to lose in terms of fueling the Russian Conspiracy meme. There's a reason when Assange got arrested he suddenly switched to "I don't know anything about WikiLeaks. It's not my thing". when in October 2016 he kept repeating WIkiLeaks like a tic.

Jane Lane

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
His entire cabinet is made up of the neocon hacks who wanted to kill Assange way back when. John Bolton is his fucking National Security Adviser. The Chief Spook, Mike Pompeo, is Secretary of State. Trump has literally nothing to gain by pardoning Assange and a whole lot to lose in terms of fueling the Russian Conspiracy meme. There's a reason when Assange got arrested he suddenly switched to "I don't know anything about WikiLeaks. It's not my thing". when in October 2016 he kept repeating WIkiLeaks like a tic.
Those neocon hacks aren't puppeteering him, however. If they don't like the idea of a pardon, he'll invite them to walk or fire them himself.

"whole lot to lose"

Like what? No one cares about the Russia conspiracy. The media and the FBI keep a vain hope alive because they would lose a major talking point if they didn't. The electoral college in particular did not care during the 2016 election about these unproven allegations.

Reactions: Absolutego

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
Those neocon hacks aren't puppeteering him, however
Trump's embarrassing love of both Israel and Saudi Arabia and his desperation to point to low fuel prices as a reason to ignore the Saudis literally murdering a journalist in their embassy suggests otherwise. Please tell me more about how the man who spent most of 2017 ranting on twitter about leakers, anonymous sources, and shitty journalism is totally going to pardon the most infamous leak publisher on the planet.

Jane Lane

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Trump's embarrassing love of both Israel and Saudi Arabia and his desperation to point to low fuel prices as a reason to ignore the Saudis literally murdering a journalist in their embassy suggests otherwise. Please tell me more about how the man who spent most of 2017 ranting on twitter about leakers, anonymous sources, and shitty journalism is totally going to pardon the most infamous leak publisher on the planet.
Words are one thing: actions are another.

Reactions: Absolutego

GethN7

Pederasts Should Be Gassed
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People forget, or don't know because they have never visited the site, that Wikileaks published anything and everything. That old hacker ethos of "information wants to be free" is the foundation of the whole thing. Obviously there are things that get massive attention in the media that people then associate with Wikileaks, like Collateral Murder and the Dem e-mail leaks, but there's tons of shit there if you dig around the site, even the most minor of things sent to them gets published(unless they've changed that).

That's why it was foolish for people to think that Assange/WL was on "their" side with the Collateral Murder and cable stuff, then felt shocked and betrayed when they put out the Podesta e-mails. Now other people feel that he's on "their" side but that can/will change because there are no sides to them.

I'm not a fan of Assange, as previous posts have shown and that stretches way back before 2010, but what I wrote above is the truth. He/WL actually have integrity. Did they choose not to publish damning Republican information and help Trump get elected? Fuck if I know, but it's not their thing to act that way, @GethN7 is pretty much spot-on about the make up of the organization and if they had the chance to burn both parties to the ground I think they would have jumped on that.
Agreed. Wikileaks has embarrassed both sides of an argument before, just because they've leaked crap more damaging to one side as opposed to the other at times doesn't means the polarity of their loyalties shifted, they just had more dirt from one side at the time.

It's the same misconception we get from certain circles. We shit on TERFs and troons equally, we are loyal to neither, but if we focus on one because they make the most cowish nonsense at the time, some of their opposition white knight our asses till they discover we mock them too.

Absolutego

kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino