Law Justice Brett Kavanaugh Megathread - Megathread for Brett Kavanaugh, US Supreme Court Justice

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
And yet the Dems won't actually do it because they're so stupid they only keep trying the same kick dust up to screech it's smoke bullshit. Gonna laugh when it fails hideously.
I fully expect them to dig through files. And I expect it will turn out like Maddow's reveal of Trump's taxes. Or they'll read some totally anodyne paper and quote a few words scattered together like "Bush... did... attacks... 9/11" from a sentence that said "Bush today did agree to sign funding for survivors of the 9/11 attacks" to spin up conspiracy theories.

MembersSchoolPizza

Sworn Brother of the Cult of Browning
kiwifarms.net
The House can impeach all they want, but it doesn't mean shit without the Senate.
Well, yes and no.

It may have no formal, legal meaning outside of the House, but "President <Foo> was impeached" or "Justice <Bar> was impeached" has emotional weight with the populous.

The dems will crow that they managed to "impeach Trump" for the next hundred fucking years, if they manage to impeach him. It'll probably backfire on them, but they'll still do it. Kav? I dunno. I still think it will backfire, but maybe not. But the thing with Kavanaugh that makes him more at-risk is that he stands to potentially hold his office for decades. Even if they can't actually get rid of him, being able to keep harping that he was, technically, "impeached" will undermine his legitimacy.

Freedom Fries

kiwifarms.net
Well, yes and no.

It may have no formal, legal meaning outside of the House, but "President <Foo> was impeached" or "Justice <Bar> was impeached" has emotional weight with the populous.

The dems will crow that they managed to "impeach Trump" for the next hundred fucking years, if they manage to impeach him. It'll probably backfire on them, but they'll still do it. Kav? I dunno. I still think it will backfire, but maybe not. But the thing with Kavanaugh that makes him more at-risk is that he stands to potentially hold his office for decades. Even if they can't actually get rid of him, being able to keep harping that he was, technically, "impeached" will undermine his legitimacy.
Normally, I would agree with you. However, Democrats aren't gonna hate Trump or Kavanaugh any more than they already do, and them a Democrat House impeaching them will only make Republicans rally around them. The parties are too combative for stuff like that to matter like it did in the past.

TimelyC

kiwifarms.net
Reopening this thread because the modern DNC can't seem to stop beating a dead horse.
Keep this thread open until Christine Blasey is held accountable for her sick lies.

"Classmates were surprised by the media's portrayal of her as an ingenue, which was very different from how they remembered her in junior high and high school," according to the book. "Female classmates and friends at area schools recalled a heavy drinker who was much more aggressive with boys than they were."

Last edited:

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Keep this thread open until Christine Blasey Ford is held accountable for her sick lies.

Oh wait whaaaat?! She was lying?!‽

No way man! Surely a woman wouldn’t lie about something like that! Not even if she thought she was saving the right to abortion by doing it!

He he, of course she lied, everybody with half a brain knows that.

Oh wait whaaaat?! She was lying?!‽

No way man! Surely a woman wouldn’t lie about something like that! Not even if she thought she was saving the right to abortion by doing it!

He he, of course she lied, everybody with half a brain knows that.
But I heard a feminist talked to a cop friend who guessed that fake rape claims probably aren't all that common. How do you go against such strong evidence?

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
But I heard a feminist talked to a cop friend who guessed that fake rape claims probably aren't all that common. How do you go against such strong evidence?
I’ll have you know, that all the studies show, that it’s only a tiny minority of 5-10% cases that are false!

What’s that? Those studies only show how many cases investigators were able to prove were wrong?

Are you saying that those studies say nothing about how many people are falsely convicted of rape, or how many rape accusations are false but investigators couldn’t prove it?

HEEEELP BELIEVE WOMEN! IM BEING VERBALLY ASSAULTED!!

I’ll have you know, that all the studies show, that it’s only a tiny minority of 5-10% cases that are false!

What’s that? Those studies only show how many cases investigators were able to prove were wrong?

Are you saying that those studies say nothing about how many people are falsely convicted of rape, or how many rape accusations are false but investigators couldn’t prove it?

HEEEELP BELIEVE WOMEN! IM BEING VERBALLY ASSAULTED!!
It's much like the studies that claim to show how much election fraud occurs, then they claim it's like 2% or something. But clearly the important fraud is the fraud they didn't fucking catch!

I'm no legal expert, so I want to see what you guys think about it.
"No means no" put much too much of the onus on women, so now we're going with "She definitely said yes".

So if a woman starts fooling around with you and she hasn't said "I completely consent to the sexual activity I am currently performing" you just raped her.

AKA: "We sure would like to litigate all sexual intercourse in court"

Anonymous For This

Flying pierogis at vienna.
kiwifarms.net
"No means no" put much too much of the onus on women, so now we're going with "She definitely said yes".

So if a woman starts fooling around with you and she hasn't said "I completely consent to the sexual activity I am currently performing" you just raped her.

AKA: "We sure would like to litigate all sexual intercourse in court"
Honestly once my kids get old enough for "the talk", I will probably just teach abstinence. It just takes one crazy bitch to ruin your entire life these days. Even if you're found innocent, you'll still go broke trying to defend yourself in the court system.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino