• ”i bet he's smashing up his kitchen right now like a demented autistic ape”

Law Justice Brett Kavanaugh MegathreadMegathread for Brett Kavanaugh, US Supreme Court nominee

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by xxXDxx, Jul 9, 2018.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

1. I hate these "we invented" arguments, Von Braun, Goddard and Korolev were all kinda in a three-way tie as far as rocketry was concerned, and none could get anyone to treat their work as anything other than an odd hobby.

It wasn't until WW2 when Von Braun was able to get the backing of the Nazis that he got the furthest ahead. When US intelligence came to him after the war to seek his input as the preeminent world rocket expert, he reportedly was confused and asked, essentially "Did Goddard die or something? Why didn't you ask him these questions years ago? We knew this stuff back in the Depression Era...."

Any "invention" is ultimately credited to who, amongst the pool of people who were all relatively close, gets to the patent office first.

EDIT : Example, Alexander Bell beat Elisha Gray to the patent for the telephone by only an hour, hence the phone book in my house growing up said "Bell Atlantic" on it instead of "Grey Atlantic".

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 6
    #101 TowinKarz, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  2. Radio that does anything particularly useful started with Fessenden. Anything that resembles radio now? Edwin Armstrong.

All those Paperclip scientists? Their work was based on Goddard's.

There's no good delineation for any of these, really, but Europe taking credit for everything ever trying to claw back some dignity from when they were relevant is silly.

Edit: beaten like Florida Man's wife.

• Like Like x 3
    kcbbq

kcbbq No controlling legal authority

kiwifarms.net
  3. From SCOTUS to if Goddard invented air planes with a splattering of abortion rambling and mocking the ACLU.

I fucking love KF.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I know, it's a bit silly to claim any person was responsible for any of those "inventions" as really it's all basically "Standing on the shoulders of giants". I was actually just mad that you posted a big number that I don't understand how to get to.

• Like Like x 6
    • Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  5. to be fair the ACLU does actually defend free speech even for the ebil nazis

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    xxXDxx

xxXDxx just magic, ain't gotta explain shit

kiwifarms.net
  6. No, they used to. They recently put out some kind of memo or statement saying they were going to focus on SJW shit.

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. They were gonna bitch no matter who he nominated. And honestly, they should consider themselves lucky. This guy is pretty open-minded compared to some other candidates.

Also, the fact that they're STILL terrified that someone is going to take their baby-murder away from them cracks me up for some reason. No one aside from religious fundies really cares, but they're still paranoid that everyone and their mother-in-law is after Roe v Wade...

• Agree Agree x 8
    Echo_Ender

Echo_Ender Doggo

kiwifarms.net
  8. (Might be late posting here) The DNC just changed the rules so you have to be a member of the DNC to even run with them now. So he would have to run Thirdparty and third party has this small disadvantage called. No infrastructure.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    GnomeofDoc

GnomeofDoc What? I like weird old guns.

kiwifarms.net
  9. Someone should tell the SJWs that it's CURRENT YEAR and the religious right just isn't that big a deal any more.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.net
  10. You'd think, it's almost like they had all these speeches and statement ready to counter the Religious Right wholeheartedly endorsing the Trump pick, and they release them without checking to see if the RR had in fact, said anything....

The left hasn't yet noticed the the RR is as dead as Fred Phelps.

The empty SJW platitudes of "This will hurt transwomen minorities" in every press release is as infuriating as the "This will hurt our moral foundation" that every Republican whined nonstop from 1990 to 2004 when it's not actually addressing the opposition, just bleating into the wind....

• Agree Agree x 10
    #110 TowinKarz, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    TowinKarz

TowinKarz Actually WILL Call Somebody.....

kiwifarms.net
  11. I really want someone to just one day hold a poll asking whether people are plain tired of all the protests, the crying, the screeching, and the absolutely insanity these days.

I bet the overwhelming answer to that poll would be FUCK. YES.

• Agree Agree x 8
    KiwiLedian

KiwiLedian Making Poke and praying for a Mega

kiwifarms.net
  12. Many of them are flat out lying for attention and social power. Exaggerating victimhood is the far left's trade now. Like a bratty, whimpering kid or a soccer player feigning a serious injury, it's all about manipulation.

I really do think a lot of these whiners believe they'll get their way, politically, if they just keep throwing the tantrum long enough. If that's true, it says a lot of unflattering things about their mindset.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    frozenrunner

frozenrunner I could really use the salt

kiwifarms.net
  13. [​IMG]
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/04/kavanaugh-remarks-neutral-umpire-806306

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...errupted-by-democratic-senators-protests.html

Source Article | I'd link the rest here but they're linked in the quote.

Jesus Christ where do you even begin with that train wreck? The confirmation hearing for Kavanaugh was such a monumental clusterfuck that it took me the better half of the night just to rummage through the stack and try to find some of the best parts, on top of the mountain of archiving that those assholes made me do just to preserve as much of that as I could find. For starters: More than 70 arrests were made, including the actress Piper Perabo (Whoever that is) and Linda Sarsour.

A bunch of handmaidens showed up at one point and just loomed around on the second floor, Chuck Schumer himself admitted to helping coordinate all of this jack-fuckery, and some lady seated behind Kavanaugh was accused of flashing the "white power" symbol at the camera (And fun fact here: The O.K. symbol is actually sign language for "asshole!").

One of the Parkland shooting victims' parents was at the hearing, and he stormed up to Kavanaugh to shake his hand, acting completely surprised that after several hours of having lunatics shriek in his ear and watching arrest after arrest, Kavanaugh would be somewhat hesitant to shake a random strangers hand. A lot of outlets (And politicians) are already putting the spin all over this aspect of the hearing, but they're leaving out one particularly important facet: Guttenberg was going there specifically to start shit. What was Guttenberg doing there in the first place? Feinstein invited him.

That's not even everything that happened, either. That's just some of the highlights. I have never in my life seen any sort of hearing like this outside of third-world countries, and this was only day one of the hearings! What are they doing today? Are they going to have Schumer literally start pitching his own shit at Kavanaugh?

• Informative Informative x 52
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    #113 It's HK-47, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2018
    It's HK-47

It's HK-47 Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Schumer should at least get punished for coordinating this bullshit, but we all know he won't.

• Agree Agree x 29
    • Feels Feels x 3
    REGENDarySumanai

REGENDarySumanai Man of excellent taste

kiwifarms.net
  15. yo1jds6lrbk11.jpg

• Winner Winner x 40
    • Like Like x 3
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. It should be noted, the Judiciary Committee is where they send all the freshmen, as it is a pork-free committee and, thus, highly undesirable.

• Informative Informative x 12
    Oh Long Johnson

Oh Long Johnson Collecting your suffering when you die
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. How much money do you think George Soros is paying these morons. Chuck Schumer should lose his seat for this circus that he likely payed for.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Autistic Autistic x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Jerry_ smith56

Jerry_ smith56 Cartoon lolcow

kiwifarms.net
  18. Isn't this actually that one "circle game" meme hand gesture? Is that too an evil nazi alt-right thing now?

[​IMG]

Or did this woman just meme everyone on live TV? Because that's hilarious.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    The Jumping Dwarf

The Jumping Dwarf I'm offendered if misgendered

kiwifarms.net
  19. People still believe that the circle game is a alt-right symbol?

• Feels Feels x 14
    _Clam_

_Clam_ Null Test Account 3

kiwifarms.net
  20. Yes and yes, though I'm thinking the white supremacist thing is more /pol/ trying to make the left look like idiots.

• Agree  x 14
    • Winner  x 4
    • Like  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    • Optimistic  x 1
    Ebonic Tutor

Ebonic Tutor A Good Boy that's Legal in EDH

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.