Justice League: Synder Cut will be released. -

Sperglord Dante

Useless Guato
kiwifarms.net
what are the odds that a snyder cut never existed, but after twitter exceptional individuals repeated the meme for years the company actually told snyder to create one so they could cash in on meme money?
Somewhere between 99% and 100%

If a functional Snyder cut had been a thing since day 1 they might've done a lowkey bluray release a few months after the theatrical release, WB clearly studied its target audience before greenlighting and throwing money at this.

Francis York Morgan

FBI Special Agent
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The directors cut of Watchmen was alot better, IMO.
Not Snyder's work, but the director's cut of the Affleck Daredevil film was also better.

I guess what makes me pessimistic about this is that, to me, the problems with the Justice League film go beyond plot or pacing. The problems with Snyder's vision of the DC universe are too deep to fix by changing or adding scenes.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
Midnight's Edge on suicide watch.

Do people really believe that this "Snyder cut" is going to be good?
People just want to see his work, I think it's a matter of respect. The guy got fucked over by Warner, they even used his daughter's death and brought Whedon (of all people) on board to rewrite and shit all over his stuff. I don't expect Snyder's Justice League to be the best thing ever, in the end it's just capeshit but it probably has a better cinematography than any MCU movie set after the first Iron Man movie.
I'd like to see the Garreth Edwards cut of Rogue One for example, but I know it won't happen because KK is still at the helm of Disney/LF.

Biffo

kiwifarms.net
Hopefully with this will get more alt cuts on streaming sites,
Disney are sitting on the original version of Black Cauldron, Jeffrey Katzenberg hated the movie and said it was too dark demanded around 12 to 15 minutes of fully animated and scored footage to be removed.

Miramax library has a ton of movies Harvey "scissorhands" Weinstein cut to bits like Gangs of New York , which was 1 hour longer before he cut it down. Another well known one is Billy Bob Thornton's All The Pretty Horse. A good write up on him before METOO got him https://grantland.com/features/does-harvey-weinstein-help-hurt-movies/

WB even more have stuff they could do such a longer cut for Batman Forever which over 40 minutes cut which was done to make it more light hearted
One of the cut scenes

I like the idea of alt cuts, even if the movie is still bad just interesting to see what could have been

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
I still don't understand why this became a thing. Do people really believe that this "Snyder cut" is going to be good? It's not like the extended version of Batman v. Superman made that film suck less.
You don't understand man, it's gonna have that one scene that proves all the haters wrong and that this movie is genius.

I am amazed it took so long though for this to happen. I would think the suits would have done earlier for free money from the diehard fans. I guess it was either a pain in the ass to put together or perhaps actually changes very little to make the additions worth it.

1911JD

Still tired of this shit but slightly less so
kiwifarms.net
God, this thing better be the greatest piece of art I've ever laid my eyes on, with how relentlessly autistic DCEU stans have been over the last few years about it just NEEDING to come out

MoS was good, BvS was trash. I don't have high hopes for the Snyder cut other than it being somewhat better than Wheadon's version, if it actually is this COMPLETELY different movie that DCEU stans insinuate it is.

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Word going around is that the Snyder Cut will be four hours long. Jesus.

I'm not a fan of the DCEU. Batman v Superman was simply unwatchable. Justice League (the "Whedon/WB cut," I suppose) was a hilarious trainwreck. The thought of a 4-hour movie that is a true sequel to BvS? I don't have it in me to sit through that. I really don't.

That said, I am aware that there are fans of this. If you're a fan, then you do you. If you're happy with this news, then have at it and celebrate. I hope it ends up being what you wanted.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
I made a thread but it died. Good shit. The Snyder Cut has the Martian Manhunter and Lois Lane dies.
... how the fuck do you cut an entire CHARACTER from your movie, just like that? He must have appeared in action set pieces with the other Justice League members, right?

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
When will DC learn that their good live action movies are far outweighed by their bad ones? Seriously, even Tim Burton's Batman films weren't great, if they hadn't cast Nicholson and DeVito the films would likely have blown complete ass.
Even the Nolan Trilogy fizzled the fuck out on Dark Knight Rises because Nolan had been pretty much banking on the Joker returning, and Ledger's death threw a big fucking wrench into that and what we were left with was kinda embarrasing after the first Dark Knight movie.

Frankly if I was DC I'd just stop being faggots and focus on animation. Most of the animated DC shit is far superior to the live action shit, but for some reason the fucksticks at DC don't think animated movies belong in theaters or some shit and release them all straight to disc or streaming services.

Last edited:

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
... how the fuck do you cut an entire CHARACTER from your movie, just like that? He must have appeared in action set pieces with the other Justice League members, right?
When you don't give a fuck and want to shit out a product.

It reminds me of a conversation David Fincher had with a producer on Alien 3 and David was constantly fighting to make a good film. The producer told him "You could film someone pissing against a wall for 2 hours and call it 'Alien 3' and it would make 40 million opening weekend."

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
When you don't give a fuck and want to shit out a product.

It reminds me of a conversation David Fincher had with a producer on Alien 3 and David was constantly fighting to make a good film. The producer told him "You could film someone pissing against a wall for 2 hours and call it 'Alien 3' and it would make 40 million opening weekend."
No, I mean like, how is it physically possible?

Do they just pick shots where MM happened to not be in frame? Did they edit him out in post? It seems like it would be MORE work removing all traces of a character, than just leaving them in without much characterization or explanation (god knows the existing characters weren’t particularly deep to begin with).

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
what are the odds that a snyder cut never existed, but after twitter exceptional individuals repeated the meme for years the company actually told snyder to create one so they could cash in on meme money?
The article I read (which came from CBR, so arguably not a great source) briefly touched on it. The article said it's releasing in 2021 because they need to do a bunch of post production work and there are rumors they're trying to get some of the cast to record lines. Didn't mention if it was to improve sound quality or add new content. It said they were spending around 20-30 million to get it ready.

So, I guess the answer is...kind of? It doesn't sound like it got far enough to necessarily be a complete movie, but it at least got far enough before Whedon was brought in to be a complete thing. I'm curious to see if it feels like a complete piece, or if they're going to do a weird mishmash of Whedon's stuff, which itself was already a mishmash of Synder's movie.

I'm morbidly curious to see what kind of trainwreck it turns out to be. If it ends up being good, more power to Synder, but I don't think he has a great track record going into the series. A bunch of stuff has come out on what his movie was supposed to be, and it never sounded all that compelling. I think a lot of the excitement behind it was more from the "I recognize that name!" factor. Which, with Synder especially, doesn't mean too much when you consider he's name dropped characters before that were nothing like their comic counterparts. It sounded like most of them were just cameo roles/exposition dumps on top of that.

Even if it does turn out to be the best movie ever made, I think fans will be disappointed because there's no way they'd be able to do anything more with it. They're already moving forward with a new Batman movie, and I'm not sure they'd be able to get Cavill back either. With enough money, nothing is impossible, but after how badly JL did, I can't imagine they'd want to repeat that big of a risk.

Tags
None