Justice League: Synder Cut will be released. -

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, I mean like, how is it physically possible?

Do they just pick shots where MM happened to not be in frame? Did they edit him out in post? It seems like it would be MORE work removing all traces of a character, than just leaving them in without much characterization or explanation (god knows the existing characters weren’t particularly deep to begin with).
That's where reshoots come in and why the budget ballooned to just shy of 300 million.

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
Good, I didn't like Man of Steel, skipped BvS entirely, but I've liked most of Snyder's other films and like him as a person, so I'm glad they're releasing the movie he wants.

I would call his takes on DC a miscalculation that didn't work for me but I'm not angry at him over it, he was simply trying to do his take on it, there's no malice behind it.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
Midnight's Edge on suicide watch.
If that's the case imagine how they'd react if against all odds a Trank cut of Fant4stic got released.

I guess this is the best sendoff the Snyder era of the DCEU could get for the people who liked it. With all the shit that's been going on it's likely that they're going to end up hard rebooting the DCEU and scrubbing the old continuity. Honestly, I don't know what the hell they'll end up doing because the MCU capeshit fad is showing signs of finally beginning to fizzle out.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
No, I mean like, how is it physically possible?

Do they just pick shots where MM happened to not be in frame? Did they edit him out in post? It seems like it would be MORE work removing all traces of a character, than just leaving them in without much characterization or explanation (god knows the existing characters weren’t particularly deep to begin with).
Just going off of memory, but I don't think he was a main character or had that big of a role. I think he was in shapeshifted human detective form the whole time and didn't actually do anything as the Martian Manhunter. I always got the impression it was more of a cameo role to set him up as joining the League in a later movie. I think Synder had a similar name drop role for Green Lantern, can't remember if it was Hal or someone else.

Miang

kiwifarms.net
Does Justice League have enough of a plot for four hours? Bear in mind, I'm someone who thought Avengers: Endgame was way, way too long.

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
It's all about JJ's take on DC now.
Oh fuck I had blocked that out of my memory because that is guaranteed garbage. If they didn't realize this was a bad idea especially after Rise of Skywalker Warner has nobody to blame but themselves. (Actually, there was that astroturfing attempt on places like Reddit to get people to believe JJ did nothing wrong and Rise of Skywalker was all Disney and Iger's fault. I think that did have something to do with his prospects at Warner.)

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
Lol that fucking church scene in man of steel was one of the most embarrasing things I have ever seen put to screen.

This shot in particular is just....fucking...
View attachment 1308562
I mean just fucking really?
Look on the bright side, a 4 hour runtime and insulation from producer meddling means Snyder can make the shot-for-shot remake of The Passion of the Christ (but Superman) he always wanted, twice over!

Idiotron

Autismus Prime
kiwifarms.net
Makes sense.
People are still talking about this thing after 3 years.
I'm pretty sure it will draw people to HBO Max.
I like both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, they're not perfect but they get a lot of shit that they don't deserve, Snyder in general does.
I want to see the end of his trilogy, not the Frankenstein monster that they stitched together and released for the world to see.
If they could launch a separate timeline from this version of the movie, that would be awesome.
That would allow for some more creativity and freedom for the writers.

Last edited:

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
I honestly think Man of Steel's universe doesn't work with the other DC supers besides Batman.

Hear me out. Man of Steel presented a universe where Earth was otherwise the same as ours. Then Superman shows himself in a first contact story. Batman and Luthor in BvS are hostile to Clark since they refuse to believe any extraterrestial of great strength wouldn't be hostile to Earth babies. And of course they shove in the other Justice League in.

I mean, none of the movies with Wonder Woman have actually pondered what having a Wonder Woman would mean for the world. I'd say having her would be even more devasting than having a Superman since her presence raises serious questions on belief. Complain all you want about Man of Steel, but compared to other Current Year Cape films it did more to examine its foundations than others.

If you ask me how to build a Cinematic Universe rooted in MoS, I'd just build on Krypton and have other heroes be tied to Kryptonian colonists or experiments that landed on Earth in prehistory.

rotollo

Just some asshole
kiwifarms.net
It's all about JJ's take on DC now.
I know JJ has his superman shit but I'm pretty optimistic about matt reeves take on batman going foward, then again it's pretty hard to fuck up long halloween for the most part
Makes sense.
People are still talking about this thing after 3 years.
I'm pretty sure it will draw people to HBO Max.
I like both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, they're not perfect but they get a lot of shit that they don't deserve, Snyder in general does.
I want to see the end of his trilogy, not the Frankenstein monster that they stitched together and released for the world to see.
If they could launch a separate timeline from this version of the movie, that would be awesome.
That would allow for some more creativity and freedom for the writers.
I mean its way better then shit like the watchmen series for sure
I'm not the biggest fan of Zack's vision of the DC Universe but hey, at least it will be a complete vision just like Nolans plus it might get some sense of finality
kinda a shame since I think Cavil has the right look for sups and out of character has the humbleness nessary to be the man of steel but whether it be Zack's obsession with grim dark or studio meddling its all fucked up now

Tags
None