Justice League: Synder Cut will be released. -

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
I made a thread but it died. Good shit. The Snyder Cut has the Martian Manhunter and Lois Lane dies.
Don't forget Black Suit Superman too. Henry himself confirmed it years ago.

... how the fuck do you cut an entire CHARACTER from your movie, just like that? He must have appeared in action set pieces with the other Justice League members, right?
Josstice League had a lot cut & reshot for it to the point where it became a thing of it's own. The whole script is different. For example, Darkseid was supposedly the villain instead of Steppenwolf. Or how Cyborg had a way bigger role than shown, or how Flash was supposed to have a end credit scene.

This video shows a lot of it albeit being the outdated version. The new version is unavailable & it's much more detailed than this & I have seen it all yet it had so much info that I can't remember it all. Seriously, it had concept designs, Zack's own confirmings on the story he planned, undone & uncut scenes. In fact you can find some of the Snyder Cut scenes even now. Like his version of the final battle.

Last edited:

Cardenio

Autistic Cowpoke
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hopefully with this will get more alt cuts on streaming sites,
Disney are sitting on the original version of Black Cauldron, Jeffrey Katzenberg hated the movie and said it was too dark demanded around 12 to 15 minutes of fully animated and scored footage to be removed.

Miramax library has a ton of movies Harvey "scissorhands" Weinstein cut to bits like Gangs of New York , which was 1 hour longer before he cut it down. Another well known one is Billy Bob Thornton's All The Pretty Horse. A good write up on him before METOO got him https://grantland.com/features/does-harvey-weinstein-help-hurt-movies/

WB even more have stuff they could do such a longer cut for Batman Forever which over 40 minutes cut which was done to make it more light hearted
One of the cut scenes

I like the idea of alt cuts, even if the movie is still bad just interesting to see what could have been
I will defend Batman Forever for being a very entertaining kid's movie. But that scene needed to go. It just felt goofy and a total ripoff of the Cave Scene in Empire Strikes Back. Also Alfred just looks happy at the news that Bruce wants to be "Batman" instead of a face of total confusion.

Biffo

kiwifarms.net
I will defend Batman Forever for being a very entertaining kid's movie. But that scene needed to go. It's just felt goofy and a total ripoff of the Cave Scene in Empire Strikes Back. Also Alfred just looks happy at the news that Bruce wants to be "Batman" instead of a face of total confusion.
I do agree the bat does look goofy, at the time it was right move to make for the box office however would be interested to see what the original vision was even if it was a worse movie.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
My guess is that the Snyder cut will be like that Ultimate Cut of Batman V Superman...it'll be slightly better than the original cut and give some die hard fans a reason to hang their hat on it and say the only reason the DC films are less successful than the MCU is studio interference from WB.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
I am amazed it took so long though for this to happen. I would think the suits would have done earlier for free money from the diehard fans. I guess it was either a pain in the ass to put together or perhaps actually changes very little to make the additions worth it.
Thing is Hollywood is not all about money. It's about reputation, status and putting the other man down. Now 9 times out of 10 that does mean money. But Justice League was a shitshow by all accounts. People backstabbed Snyder, took advantage of his personal circumstances to remove him, worked Joss Whedon in to make it more like MCU. From my very limited experience of dealing with people at the tens of millions of dollars decision levels (not in the film industry), these are people who'd rather lose their employers millions than let their rival be vindicated or look like they made a bad decision. It doesn't matter if a Snyder Cut would make a hundred million pure profit for the studio - people involved in the decision to change direction will fight tooth and nail to stop it happening. Especially if it would make a hundred million for the studio. None of them want Snyder to walk into the room and say "you cost the studio a hit".

I'm frankly amazed this managed to get this greenlit - some people will be grinding their teeth to powder over this.

I still don't understand why this became a thing. Do people really believe that this "Snyder cut" is going to be good? It's not like the extended version of Batman v. Superman made that film suck less.
Let me put it this way. You may not like X, but you can still appreciate the difference between a really well done X and a butchered mismanaged X. So even if a dark and unironic superhero movie isn't to the tastes of many, the product of a unified vision is going to be light years ahead of the schizophrenic hackjob that we got. You would be amazed at the way the same material can be edited and presented to such different effect. One of the most striking examples I ever saw was the Mel Gibson movie "Payback". I watched it and enjoyed it enough to bother watching a director's cut version of it sometime later. The theatrical release was a darkly absurd film about a petty criminal trying to get his money out of a mob partner that ripped him off. It has a gritty undertone but is a largely enjoyable comedy. Holy shit was the director's cut different. Longer, grimmer, different colour pallette and wildly different pacing. It was genuinely surreal seeing the same people saying the same thing to such different emotional impact. One day someone should use the two versions for a masterclass in directing techniques just by showing the differences between them.

Personally, I'm genuinely interested to see what Snyder's version is like. I re-watched his Superman movie a while back and was surprised how much I enjoyed it compared when I first saw it. Looking back I was definitely influenced by the Internet hate. The fight scenes between Superman and the other Kryptonians are fantastic for a start. I actually think the DC movies will be looked back at more favourably than the MCU ones which are ultimately committee designed slick and shallow (mostly).

Except for Suicide Squad - that movie sucked.

rotollo

Just some asshole
kiwifarms.net

Dont ask questions just consoom product
as mentioned earlier I am no fan of the snyderverse but this article is the most whiny shit I have seen out of hollywood journalists yet
drew taylor said:
They bullied those who suggested that maybe the Snyder version, which would require tens of millions of dollars to finish the audio and visual effects, might actually be the worse version
honestly don't know how you can make a worse movie than the theatrical cut of justice league, at least for capeshit anyway. the vision clusterfuck always leads to the worst shit imaginable between this and Fan4stic
drew taylor said:
But most of all they bullied Warner Bros
OH NO NOT MY MULTI MILLION DOLLAR CORPERITINO
drew taylor said:
But bullies are never done. They’ll be back. And we’ll all have to pay for it.
How many wedgies was this kid given in high school?

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net

Dont ask questions just consoom product
Vulture is banging the same drum:

In fact, a lot of Twitter NPCs are repeating the exact same rhetoric used by those articles:

A608156C-314A-4164-8756-98481A5A3068.jpeg

Really makes you think doesn’t it...

If I may take off my tinfoil hat for a second, it really baffles me why these people are dead set against this happening. I’m not really a Zack Snyder fan (other than 300), but I’m not going to shit on those who are just because they want to see what he originally envisioned for the movie brought to fruition. So I don’t think it’s purely motivated by a dislike of Snyder.

In addition, how is this different than any other director’s cut getting released. If you really want to blame someone for setting a “dangerous precedent”, blame the people who clamored for the director’s cuts of films like Blade Runner and Superman II. Hell, I’d go as far as to say that the latter was a proto-Snyder cut in the sense that it’s also a case of a director getting to finally truly realize his vision of a DC property after creative differences with the studio forced him off the project initially.

I also don’t get why these people’d lump the #ReleasetheSnydercut movement in with fucking GloomerGoot, Trump, and Brexit of all things.

EDIT: Screenrant’s jumping in the bandwagon too:

Last edited:

Michael Wade

I love my insane psychotic psychic wife.
kiwifarms.net
People are pissed off at it for the same reason they got pissed off at Sega listening to fan demand for Sonic.

If this does really well this is going to be a HUGE slap in the face towards hollywood and namely Disney for refusing to consider their mistakes and rework their movies.

I for one, am looking forward to this immensely. Who doesn't want more Aquaman!?

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
I predict this version will be better than Whedons but still wont be very good. At best it'll be slightly above average at worst it'll be merely bad instead of horrible
That's the thing. it's still gonna be a boring af movie with the most nothing villain in existence, a plot that's basically a Lord of the Rings ripoff, and characters that do nothing but yell at each other in an ugly ass airplane hangar.

to quote The Thick of It's series finale, you can't really fix something when its foundation is a solid bed of cunts.

Pinochet Was Right

And he did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
Wow, some here are mad. "hAhA oNcE iT rElEaSeS wE WiLl MaKe fUn oF iT wiTh mUh sPeRg YoUtOoB cRitIcS, pwned!" Even if you don't like Snyder's stuff, it's a matter of integrity, He got fucked; the "random penguin of d00m" quipshit from Joss was credited to him to begin with.

How many wedgies was this kid given in high school?
He sounds like he was given enough to drive him to call everyone "incel" so that people think he wasn't given any wedgies,

I predict this version will be better than Whedons but still wont be very good. At best it'll be slightly above average at worst it'll be merely bad instead of horrible
Yeah, my opinion too. At least it won't be an insultingly stupid quipfest, I prefer "pretentious but bad" a thousand times over. People apologizing for Joss' version just to own "teh snyder cult" are as bad as these NPCs.

Last edited:

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Vulture is banging the same drum:

In fact, a lot of Twitter NPCs are repeating the exact same rhetoric used by those articles:

View attachment 1310269

Really makes you think doesn’t it...

If I may take off my tinfoil hat for a second, it really baffles me why these people are dead set against this happening. I’m not really a Zack Snyder fan (other than 300), but I’m not going to shit on those who are just because they want to see what he originally envisioned for the movie brought to fruition. So I don’t think it’s purely motivated by a dislike of Snyder.

In addition, how is this different than any other director’s cut getting released. If you really want to blame someone for setting a “dangerous precedent”, blame the people who clamored for the director’s cuts of films like Blade Runner and Superman II. Hell, I’d go as far as to say that the latter was a proto-Snyder cut in the sense that it’s also a case of a director getting to finally truly realize his vision of a DC property after creative differences with the studio forced him off the project initially.

I also don’t get why these people’d lump the #ReleasetheSnydercut movement in with fucking GloomerGoot, Trump, and Brexit of all things.

EDIT: Screenrant’s jumping in the bandwagon too:

I'm sure there are many Star Wars fans who would happily murder someone to get The Last Jedi retconned into a better film, and some who would do the same thing for TFA.

I hope this cut is much better, but I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat for it. If it's good then hooray, but it was 3 years ago and the harm has already been done. Batfleck is dead, and the jury is still out on what Batterson will be like.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
People are pissed off at it for the same reason they got pissed off at Sega listening to fan demand for Sonic.
I don't know anything about that but I think you're wrong on this one. I think it's genuine culture wars stuff. Zack Snyder is hated by a lot of the Progressive types, I think. He makes movies about strong independent people who defy society and the group. Male, female, he's all about strength, determination and Randian heroes. Hell, he apparently even wants to direct an adaptation of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead if any studio is ever foolhardy enough to give him the budget. There's just something about Zack which rubs a certain sort of person up the wrong way. And far be it from me to suggest that such people also tend to correlate with Whedon fandom, either.

I'm not sure they can verbalize it but I think there's an antipathy to those who really wanted a Zack Snyder cut. They think they're bad people. Look at all those screenshots and the way they phrase it about "dangerous precdent" and "are fans just going to be able to tell studios what they want?" . There's something more fundamental at work here. The notion that Authority, in the form of a movie studio today, might listen to someone other than themselves is deeply upsetting to them. Generally the Progressives and hard Left have very little sense of personal power. It's all invested in the idea of Authority being on their side. I think they never grew out of a classroom mentality where it was all about convincing teacher to punish the other kid not you.

frozenrunner

Salt supply chains have been interrupted.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know anything about that but I think you're wrong on this one. I think it's genuine culture wars stuff. Zack Snyder is hated by a lot of the Progressive types, I think. He makes movies about strong independent people who defy society and the group. Male, female, he's all about strength, determination and Randian heroes. Hell, he apparently even wants to direct an adaptation of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead if any studio is ever foolhardy enough to give him the budget. There's just something about Zack which rubs a certain sort of person up the wrong way. And far be it from me to suggest that such people also tend to correlate with Whedon fandom, either.

I'm not sure they can verbalize it but I think there's an antipathy to those who really wanted a Zack Snyder cut. They think they're bad people. Look at all those screenshots and the way they phrase it about "dangerous precdent" and "are fans just going to be able to tell studios what they want?" . There's something more fundamental at work here. The notion that Authority, in the form of a movie studio today, might listen to someone other than themselves is deeply upsetting to them. Generally the Progressives and hard Left have very little sense of personal power. It's all invested in the idea of Authority being on their side. I think they never grew out of a classroom mentality where it was all about convincing teacher to punish the other kid not you.
I don't know if Snyder himself has become synonymous, in batshit shitlib circles, with "right-wing KKK Nazi GamerGaters," etc. But you're right that that kind of overreaction is definitely connected to "everything is political" culture wars bullshit narratives pushed by mentally ill people. There's no other way to explain the degree of overreaction and the intensity of it.

rotollo

Just some asshole
kiwifarms.net
signore has given his take, have no clue why him and the other guy can't just turn off the computer instead of talking with the weird snyder people, it's like they want get hit repeatedly by a bat

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Cast Iron Pan

Xerxes IX

Remove Kebab is a meme of peace
kiwifarms.net
So journos think the old Sonic design should have been kept because "muh director's vision" but when WB wants to release a cut of Justice League which was the original director's vision it's dangerous.

Obviously they never actually cared about those things and it's all about how the industry hates consoomers influencing the media they want to consoom but wow.

Tags
None