Justice League: Synder Cut will be released. -

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
This so much. They still think in terms of "my X is so much more popular/expensive than yours" and "the cool kid cliques vs the vUrGiN nUrDs"
I'm not saying I disagree but that's not actually what I meant. I meant that their go-to reaction is to appeal to authority to side with them. The state has to be on their side, the teacher, the press, the movie studio, the mob... it's the mentality that power isn't owned by the self, but owned by an authority that acts on your behalf. I think they hate it when "authority", even if it's just the decision makers at a movie studio, rules against them. And I mean hates it in a way the individualist doesn't think about. Power isn't about individual strength to them, but about being "right", that is to say, being thought to be right by society. Because then society will reward you and punish the other. There's something deeply weird about being so angry at others getting what they want. Almost as if they can't stand to see teacher listen to another pupil's point of view. They never achieved individual responsibility. It's all about the group.

1590176993409.png

Last edited:

Shield Breaker

^_^
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's going to be four hours long because it was supposed to be two movies. I don't care about DC EU, but I like the NPCs pissing and moaning about it.

I'm sure there are many Star Wars fans who would happily murder someone to get The Last Jedi retconned into a better film, and some who would do the same thing for TFA.

I hope this cut is much better, but I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat for it. If it's good then hooray, but it was 3 years ago and the harm has already been done. Batfleck is dead, and the jury is still out on what Batterson will be like.
Just out of curiosity, who would need murdering? 😗

Reactions: MsStevieMarie

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
I hope this cut is much better, but I'm not hanging on the edge of my seat for it. If it's good then hooray, but it was 3 years ago and the harm has already been done. Batfleck is dead, and the jury is still out on what Batterson will be like.
That's the thing. people keep seeing this as a chance for the DCEU to redeem itself. But that's not true at all - in fact if anything, this, combined with the Ayer cut, the failure of Birds of Prey, the success of Joker, Shazam, and Aquaman are proof that the DCEU is officially dead.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's the thing. people keep seeing this as a chance for the DCEU to redeem itself. But that's not true at all - in fact if anything, this, combined with the Ayer cut, the failure of Birds of Prey, the success of Joker, Shazam, and Aquaman are proof that the DCEU is officially dead.
I'm kind of hoping COVID destroys theaters so studios will focus more on smaller films rather than the blockbusters. I want more auteur films like Joker.

EmpireOfTheClouds

kiwifarms.net
I'm kind of hoping COVID destroys theaters so studios will focus more on smaller films rather than the blockbusters. I want more auteur films like Joker.
Quite conversely, I miss the days of smaller films sharing space at the multiplex. Being able to see Pan's Labyrinth without having to go to the dump ass part of town was the goods. It almost seemed as if Parasite winning best picture meant a return to those days. But then COVID happened.

So yeah, when theatres re open, that's a change I'd like to see.

frozenrunner

Salt supply chains have been interrupted.
kiwifarms.net
I Actually like the DCverse so this makes me happy. When I first watched JL in theatres, rather than feel it "bad", I felt it" incomplete ", and that made it bad. im glad we're able to see how it was meant to be.
Why are we assuming this will be the film Snyder originally envisioned? Because I don't think they even shot a lot of that stuff.

Midnight's Edge released a video yesterday talking about this... as dull as it is to listen to the Swedish Comic Book Guy talk over one of three music beds, it's worth listening to.

It almost seemed as if Parasite winning best picture meant a return to those days. But then COVID happened.
Parasite won because it's a great film... made by a non-white non-American, and it's totes progressive to award non-white non-Americans, especially when it gives you an excuse not to award an alt-right problematic Nazi film that's inescapably and overwhelmingly popular with the Deplorables.

Reactions: MsStevieMarie

EmpireOfTheClouds

kiwifarms.net
Why are we assuming this will be the film Snyder originally envisioned? Because I don't think they even shot a lot of that stuff.

Midnight's Edge released a video yesterday talking about this... as dull as it is to listen to the Swedish Comic Book Guy talk over one of three music beds, it's worth listening to.

Parasite won because it's a great film... made by a non-white non-American, and it's totes progressive to award non-white non-Americans, especially when it gives you an excuse not to award an alt-right problematic Nazi film that's inescapably and overwhelmingly popular with the Deplorables.
Another thing too:

1. All of Snyder's DCEU stuff has sucked. Man of Steel was a halfway decent movie before it went full Michael Bay in the third reel. BVS was made to appease his massive ego, and either version of Justice League was made to appease the WB shareholders. You can present his original vision all you like, you can't fix something whose foundation is a solid bed of cunts.

2. There's also the fact that this isn't technically going to be a Snyder Cut. There's a reason that this is being released under the name "Zack Snyder's Justice League" and not "Justice League: The Zack Snyder Cut". SUre, we are getting to see his footage, but it's working around unshot footage and some Whedon inserts to present a representation of what could have been.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
>Michael Bay

You call it Michael Bay. I call it the villains actually being threatenening to both Superman and the world around him (doing atrocities). With violence that isn't toothless.
Agreed. Those fight scenes were fantastic. For maybe the first time ever you could really feel the power of the Kryptonians and the indestructibility. The way Faora advances on the human soldiers almost too fast to follow and the running sub-conflict between her and the army commander. Zack Snyder really did a tremendous job with all of the combat in MoS. And unlike Bay's Transformers, Snyder manages to convey speed without making it impossible to follow.

Pinochet Was Right

And he did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
Principal photography was done when Snyder left, so the initial assembly was done. That's what fans talked about, they admitted it was a cut without post production or reshoots. NPCs who opposed it kept saying "it didn't exist" as in "Snyder never finished any coherent assembly and was sacked mid-shoot" and now they are moving the goalposts to "ackchyually what we meant was doesn't exist = not gone gold"

EmpireOfTheClouds

kiwifarms.net
>Michael Bay

You call it Michael Bay. I call it the villains actually being threatenening to both Superman and the world around him (doing atrocities). With violence that isn't toothless.
Agreed. Those fight scenes were fantastic. For maybe the first time ever you could really feel the power of the Kryptonians and the indestructibility. The way Faora advances on the human soldiers almost too fast to follow and the running sub-conflict between her and the army commander. Zack Snyder really did a tremendous job with all of the combat in MoS. And unlike Bay's Transformers, Snyder manages to convey speed without making it impossible to follow.
Yeah and believe me, I really do envy people who can get sucked into 45 straight minutes of invincible people punching each other through buildings, but give me something like the warehouse fight in BVS (the one legitimately good scene in that clusterfuck of a movie) over a whole third act of explosions and anime-grade action that just makes me roll my eyes within the fifth minute.

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
Yeah and believe me, I really do envy people who can get sucked into 45 straight minutes of invincible people punching each other through buildings, but give me something like the warehouse fight in BVS (the one legitimately good scene in that clusterfuck of a movie) over a whole third act of explosions and anime-grade action that just makes me roll my eyes within the fifth minute.
No one says you can't just go watch a Marvel movie.

• Autistic
Reactions: EmpireOfTheClouds

EmpireOfTheClouds

kiwifarms.net
No one says you can't just go watch a Marvel movie.
Only Marvel actually manages to do more with their action scenes than just "invincible people level entire floors with their pinky finger". Scenes like the stairwell fight in Civil War do a perfectly good job at subverting that.

Hell, Superman alone could have ended the fight with Steppenwolf at the end of Justice League in 2 seconds. It's hard to invest in an action scene when the action scenes are just people with the exact same power level doing the exact same thing then someone gets their neck snapped and boom, it's all over. When watching Batman punch a bunch of guys in the face is more thrilling than watching Superman fight a cave troll, in a movie where Superman is clearly supposed to be the more exciting part, something is definitely wrong.

• Disagree
Reactions: Raging Capybara

Absolutego

Burning in the Melting Pot
kiwifarms.net
Principal photography was done when Snyder left, so the initial assembly was done. That's what fans talked about, they admitted it was a cut without post production or reshoots. NPCs who opposed it kept saying "it didn't exist" as in "Snyder never finished any coherent assembly and was sacked mid-shoot" and now they are moving the goalposts to "ackchyually what we meant was doesn't exist = not gone gold"
Principal photography was conducted after Snyder had already been told to consolidate both Justice Leagues into one movie. The 'vision', as it were, was already compromised. Making him try and crowbar two movies' worth of content (especially two Zack Snyder movies, already bloated to 50% greater in size than your average blockbuster) into one is probably why the assembly cut (the best possible source for any "snyder cut") was deemed unwatchable.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
I doubt that the SnyderCut people care about a so-called "DCEU", they just want to see the director make the movie he intended to do. I like Man of Steel, it's an interesting take on Superman as a first contact story. BvS was meh, it was a mistake to make Luthor a young adult and putting Gotham and Metropolis way too close to each other. Wonder Woman was pretty good. I appreciate the DC movies because they aren't quipfests and they have a semi-realistic view of superheroes.
It's really a shame that we will never see a Batfleck movie, from the few rumors about it, Affleck wanted to make a detective story, something more grounded, less of a blockbuster.

Pinochet Was Right

And he did nothing wrong
kiwifarms.net
So this is what it's come to, movies getting patch notes and GOTY editions.
As it should, at least for the patch notes. I'm still salty the real Event Horizon is lost forever.

It's really a shame that we will never see a Batfleck movie, from the few rumors about it, Affleck wanted to make a detective story, something more grounded, less of a blockbuster.
In its place we'll get the niggo version of Gotham City.

Tags
None