Justice League: Synder Cut will be released. -

MsStevieMarie

kiwifarms.net
Not Snyder's work, but the director's cut of the Affleck Daredevil film was also better.

I guess what makes me pessimistic about this is that, to me, the problems with the Justice League film go beyond plot or pacing. The problems with Snyder's vision of the DC universe are too deep to fix by changing or adding scenes.
Always thought Daredevil was underrated but the director's cut puts it into the just plain good category.

... how the fuck do you cut an entire CHARACTER from your movie, just like that? He must have appeared in action set pieces with the other Justice League members, right?
They cut Peeves from the first Harry Potter film. Rik Mayall played him and IIRC they'd shot all his scenes.

Vulture is banging the same drum:

In fact, a lot of Twitter NPCs are repeating the exact same rhetoric used by those articles:

View attachment 1310269

Really makes you think doesn’t it...

If I may take off my tinfoil hat for a second, it really baffles me why these people are dead set against this happening. I’m not really a Zack Snyder fan (other than 300), but I’m not going to shit on those who are just because they want to see what he originally envisioned for the movie brought to fruition. So I don’t think it’s purely motivated by a dislike of Snyder.

In addition, how is this different than any other director’s cut getting released. If you really want to blame someone for setting a “dangerous precedent”, blame the people who clamored for the director’s cuts of films like Blade Runner and Superman II. Hell, I’d go as far as to say that the latter was a proto-Snyder cut in the sense that it’s also a case of a director getting to finally truly realize his vision of a DC property after creative differences with the studio forced him off the project initially.

I also don’t get why these people’d lump the #ReleasetheSnydercut movement in with fucking GloomerGoot, Trump, and Brexit of all things.

EDIT: Screenrant’s jumping in the bandwagon too:

These people hate people power. You're supposed to consume what the powers that be give you and you're supposed to like it.

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
Vulture is banging the same drum:

In fact, a lot of Twitter NPCs are repeating the exact same rhetoric used by those articles:

View attachment 1310269

Really makes you think doesn’t it...

If I may take off my tinfoil hat for a second, it really baffles me why these people are dead set against this happening. I’m not really a Zack Snyder fan (other than 300), but I’m not going to shit on those who are just because they want to see what he originally envisioned for the movie brought to fruition. So I don’t think it’s purely motivated by a dislike of Snyder.

In addition, how is this different than any other director’s cut getting released. If you really want to blame someone for setting a “dangerous precedent”, blame the people who clamored for the director’s cuts of films like Blade Runner and Superman II. Hell, I’d go as far as to say that the latter was a proto-Snyder cut in the sense that it’s also a case of a director getting to finally truly realize his vision of a DC property after creative differences with the studio forced him off the project initially.

I also don’t get why these people’d lump the #ReleasetheSnydercut movement in with fucking GloomerGoot, Trump, and Brexit of all things.

EDIT: Screenrant’s jumping in the bandwagon too:

I'm the first to make fun of Twitter NPCs but they kinda have a point here.

It's hard for me to see this as a victory when it was made only possible by harassment and bullying, and said reward was it being relegated to a streaming service just to shut people up. Said streaming service will only be available in the US. meaning 98 percent of the world will only be able to watch it via illegal downloading. If you ask me, that's just further proof that this is being done either to just shut the fans up, or it's a way of cutting losses.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Now that internet hashtags can inspire studios to release uncompromised cuts, just imagine how different Orson Welles’s career would have been had he been born fifty years later and made disposable comic book flicks.

• Feels
Reactions: Biffo
Tags
None