Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at 87. - 🦀

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Sheryl Nome

Listen to my song
kiwifarms.net
I get you have a completely superficial understanding of the role of federal appellate judges, but holy shit do you not understand the implication of her statements.

Its not saying "I will follow the basic legal principles that are required of me, as an inferior justice of the united states of america."

Its saying "I will follow Roe v Wade and in doing so I will not vote similar to conservatives on the Fifth Circuit in Whole Woman's Health or June Medical Services." Even you should be able to comprehend that as an assurance she will not rock the boat on abortion, unless you disagree as to the Fifth Circuit's rulings in those cases.
You're a moron. Its not even hard to find her personal opposition to roe v wade.

Calandrino

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1606176

Reddit is a bit of a mess.

1600715788139.png

1600715844815.png

...so far. This is the worst day of 2020 so far.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
RBG dying has driven them further insane.

Imagine how this girl's poor mother or father feel watching that? To hear that your daughter wishes you'd killed her in the womb. That must be horrible.

Anyway, she has the choice - she could end her life before the day is out if she really wanted. But she wouldn't have been able to choose to live if the situation were reversed.

I've had multiple pro-abortion people use this same argument she does which to me is weird: that adoption is cruel to a child and therefore abortion is preferred. It's a weird view that is similar to Hillary Clinton's "women are the primary victims of war" statement - that non-existence is preferable to difficulty or unhappiness. It's a view that to me is discredited quite easily by people choosing to live every day, whether they are adopted, might have to go to war, or whatever. It's an incredibly nihilistic view of the world; and jaw-droppingly arrogant to presume you can speak for someone else on whether their life is / would be worth living.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
kiwifarms.net
If the president can "pack the courts" by adding new justices, wouldn't it make as much sense that he could "empty the courts" by eliminating justices? Seems like a real checks and balances problem to me.
There's a mechanism to appoint judges, but not to remove them except maybe impeachment which has never actually been put into practice.

bippu_as_fuck_ls400

Junction Produce Lifestyle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

GuntPunt

God's gonna fuck you up and I get to watch.
kiwifarms.net
I've been seeing novice poll readers and analysis channels since PPD and Barnes hit it big. Here is probably the worst one, "True Americans" sperging about RGB.
Highlights include storming the White House and Senate to threaten Cocaine Mitch and Trump, Trump appointing the Exxon Mobile CEO to the SC, putting Bernie on the SC, and wishing Ted Cruz ends up like the author in Misery. Also, he recorded himself getting roasted by his Youtube commenters telling him to get out of his parent's basement. He is probably one nomination away from becoming a political Johnathan Ross.

Last edited:

MrJokerRager

Z Boobs, V Beach Volleyball and O MAGA 2024
kiwifarms.net
God, why do so many Republicans turn out to be limp-wristed pansies, dumb warmongers, or feckless opportunists?

When the Rockefeller Republicans got BTFO by Barry Goldwater and later Ronald Reagan is when that pattern begins. Most of the Republicans lionize Ronnie Raygun, who in hindsight, is responsible for America is so fucked now.

Weppers

kiwifarms.net
well i was going to say it seems like ginsburg just didn't want to live to see her replacement no matter who it was but i guess we're done discussing matters of importance in here

:heart-empty: