Off-Topic JY Board Discussion -

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well my opinion is that I didn't think we needed this whole subforum and I still kind of feel like it's not needed but I understand why we have it. If the mods are being run off their asses with complaints, well I genuinely hope this sorts that out so I'm happy for that reason. Some people bitch too much when threads aren't to their personal liking, imo.

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure the board needs a designated janitor yet.
I disagree, going through the thread there are a multitude of posts that imo, aren't needed whatsoever. People comparing Yaniv to cwc or whatever, sperging about how bad Canada is, it clutters the thread pretty badly and sometimes it goes on for pages. I've also seen one word posts adding nothing, people going way off topic, etc. It needs a wrangler and it needs one bad.

gobbogobb

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I disagree, going through the thread there are a multitude of posts that imo, aren't needed whatsoever. People comparing Yaniv to cwc or whatever, sperging about how bad Canada is, it clutters the thread pretty badly and sometimes it goes on for pages. I've also seen one word posts adding nothing, people going way off topic, etc. It needs a wrangler and it needs one bad.
Yeah but but once that's done I'm not seeing this forum get enough traffic to have someone designated to it.

That's also why I say the moderation here should be a little more firm.

I mean I'd clean up the main thread but I don't want to deal JY shit every day, and wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

Strelok

Perfectly Cromulent Poster
kiwifarms.net
I'm not sure what the long-term prospects of this board are but considering how big the site is getting I need to start thinking about how we're going to organize sprawling, massive clusterfucks like this for the future.

I don't know if this is possible with the limitations of the forum software, but perhaps having users self tag individual posts as being updates instead of banter or discussion, and letting users choose to view only update posts in a thread?

Systemic Shock

Wasting away
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if this is possible with the limitations of the forum software, but perhaps having users self tag individual posts as being updates instead of banter or discussion, and letting users choose to view only update posts in a thread?
That is done via tagging, which are probably being made as we speak. You can click a tag to only get posts with that specific tag.

Reactions: Marvin

gobbogobb

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I were God emperor of kiwifarms:

Phase in more special interest boards like animal control and IF.

Individual subject boards for those who have transcended labels: basically the people who have individual boards now.

Every special interest sub has a designated shitting street, for meta commentary and madposting

Dead boards get rolled into their own special interest board, like a hall of fame, Rusty, Jay, etc. Move all of the posts from the board into the Hall of Fame board and lock everything except the general discussion post.

At least two moderators per special interest board to ease up on burnout. This is probably the only suggestion that is Johnny board specific.

Munchma Quchi

kiwifarms.net
Members of the public are likely to stumble in here and I just want to say to anyone who finds this - Kiwi Farm is not a hive mind. People who post here hold an entire spectrum of various political beliefs and ethical beliefs. You just won't see a lot of it here unless you look closely because generally we're here to discuss the lolwcow, not ourselves.

Yaniv is not a lolcow for professing to be a trans woman or for claiming to have a disability. Lots of trans people and disabled people are not discussed on this site. You don't get a thread here by virtue of having one or two different things about you.

Yaniv is a lolcow because they're:
- obsessed with tampons
- obsessed with underage girls
- racist
- litigious
- rude on social media
- obsessed with the idea of making women wax their ballhair even if the women don't want to
- organising a swim meet for topless 12 year olds?

And so on. There's too much to summarise in my post. There's a deep rabbit hole and this person hits all the red flags for being predatorial and dangerous.

All these things combined are what makes Yaniv deserve a place here.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino