Yellow Yam Scam

not the kind of boy you're looking for
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Gustav Schuchardt

Trans exclusionary radical feminazi.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If we're arguing for one date/time format, the most efficient in database indexing is yyyymodate and military time. 20190823 0800 pst. But if we're not, I think there can be allowances in what Excel/Access formats people prefer as long as there's a date in there.

Everyone knows ISO dates are the best.

2nd_time_user

Equitably diffident
kiwifarms.net
I'm a fan of Julian dates personally.

For anyone who doesn't know Julian dates, they correspond to numerical dates in a year. They are also the standard in the egg industry (not the troon egg). The Julian date represents the date that egg got packaged into the carton, and is usually right next to the "expired by" date. If you check your cartons, you'll see that this date is usually about six weeks out from the date you got them whether you get them from Whole Foods, Safeway or Aldis/Smart and Final. And that doesn't count how long the eggs were in storage.

fat ugly sped

kiwifarms.net
Can we get a standardized date system for threads, when appropriate? With the daily nature of new threads I think it'd be a good idea, something like what Bwu board does.

Or click the filter button and sort by "first message". No point figuring out a fucking OCD ass naming scheme and agreeing on and enforcing that shit when threads have a datetime on the first message and you can just fucking sort by it.

SourDiesel

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Or click the filter button and sort by "first message". No point figuring out a fucking OCD ass naming scheme and agreeing on and enforcing that shit when threads have a datetime on the first message and you can just fucking sort by it.
This made me lol but in all seriousness, getting people to actually date their posts is going to be hard enough, never mind a specific format. Hell it's hard enough getting some people to actually make posts in the first place rather than throw whatever they find in the closest random thread they find.

This board is a nightmare to clean up at the best of times, I imagine. If there's no real need to add one more thing, let's consider not adding one more thing.

Let's Find Out!

[spooky Halloween avatar]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This made me lol but in all seriousness, getting people to actually date their posts is going to be hard enough, never mind a specific format. Hell it's hard enough getting some people to actually make posts in the first place rather than throw whatever they find in the closest random thread they find.

This board is a nightmare to clean up at the best of times, I imagine. If there's no real need to add one more thing, let's consider not adding one more thing.
Considering the extended autistic debate over the fucking DATE FORMAT, I'm inclined to agree.

Date it if you can remember, if you can't and we have time, we'll try to fix it later.

And this site is lolmerican, so 8-25-19 is great. (Not slashes because they get stripped out in an HTML link anyway.)
:semperfidelis: 🇺🇲

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, the discussion about thread dates is officially over.

Last edited:

Yellow Yam Scam

not the kind of boy you're looking for
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@The Ghost of ODB please give @WaxMyEyebrows person of interest status (He's Mark Taylor.)

(Also please make this picture his avatar:)

DoodleBerry

You Can't Outrun the Dark Man
kiwifarms.net
We don't have the power to do that as lowly supervisors. I'd suggest asking @yawning sneasel or @emspex though if you really want it. :)

I am probably inserting myself where I should
@The Ghost of ODB please give @WaxMyEyebrows person of interest status (He's Mark Taylor.)

(Also please make this picture his avatar:)

I am probably inserting myself where I should not be, but I have been speaking with WaxMyEyebrows trying to determine if he has anything other than his own personal vendetta in posting here. If he has dox, or other things, I will let you all if he responds.

W00K #17

Welcome to the party bitch
kiwifarms.net
I wish we had a separate thread for poems/parody songs, or had a rule that they had to be in the shitpost thread. I dont ever find them funny, its cringey reddit shit tbh, keep them all in one spot.

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Damn I wish people would stop shitting up the other threads with them then.
Please report them when you see them and @The Ghost of ODB or I will move them. I agree, they have no place in discussion threads.

To everyone:
Never be afraid to report something, lol. You guys aren't bothering us, you're helping to keep this shithole readable. If you guys don't report it, we may not see and nothing will be done. I'd rather have 10 reports pop up where I can only resolve 3 than have none and resolve nothing.

sperginity

de-log your meat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
May I humbly request that my thread on Morgane Oger gets moved over here with an orbiter tag? There are posts about oger made all over the yaniv board and posts about yaniv all over the oger thread, it makes sense practically to keep it together. Plus they live in the same area and feud semi regularly.