Off-Topic JY Board Discussion -

sperginity

de-log your meat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
May I humbly request that my thread on Morgane Oger gets moved over here with an orbiter tag? There are posts about oger made all over the yaniv board and posts about yaniv all over the oger thread, it makes sense practically to keep it together. Plus they live in the same area and feud semi regularly.
@The Ghost of ODB ? I'm cool with being told "no" just wanna make sure someone saw my post.

Let's Find Out!

[spooky Halloween avatar]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@The Ghost of ODB ? I'm cool with being told "no" just wanna make sure someone saw my post.

The post DIRECTLY above yours says:
To everyone:
Never be afraid to report something, lol. You guys aren't bothering us, you're helping to keep this shithole readable. If you guys don't report it, we may not see and nothing will be done. I'd rather have 10 reports pop up where I can only resolve 3 than have none and resolve nothing.
I'm not the only janny around here, @Okkervils works just as hard (and lately, harder). Also moving a post from outside of the sub isn't something we can do, so if you REPORT your comment then not only are we BOTH notified, we can assign it to a staff member who has the ability to do such a thing AND determine if it's appropriate.

I know that rules seem stupid, but we don't ask you to follow them simply because we LIKE being goose-stepping Nazis. That's just part of it.

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey guys, I know a lot has been going on regarding the site these past few days but we're still around! I'm trying to clean up the threads a bit and it would be a huge help if you guys kept up with reporting posts that don't fit the thread, requests to move posts, people not archiving, getting off-topic or just being stupid. Please do not be worried to report anything even if you're unsure, we can take a look at it and decide if some intervention is necessary. It helps so, so, so much and it's vital to keeping this board running smoothly.

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this, but basically what ODB said, you'd need to report it and I could assign it to another mod that could help you? :)

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Are the supervisors on this board still around? So many double posting, powerleveling exceptional individuals have taken over that want to touch the poo :(

From what's been said here before, you need to DM @Okkervils or go down to Talk to Staff on the main page.

I agree: We need a beat cop here for a while. It's not one problematic post to report, but rather users who are pulling KF into their trolling, spoofing, and engaging with not one but two cows IRL.

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
From what's been said here before, you need to DM @Okkervils or go down to Talk to Staff on the main page.

I agree: We need a beat cop here for a while. It's not one problematic post to report, but rather users who are pulling KF into their trolling, spoofing, and engaging with not one but two cows IRL.

I would just report one of the posts with details, never had a report go unanswered on KF.

You guys can just report the post, anything is fine, double posting, people being dumb, etc. I'm sorry to you guys, I've been pretty busy with other things lately and I feel like I've neglected all of you in making sure this board doesn't turn into complete shit. I'll try to check in more often, I'm usually on at least once a day now and there is a mod who is usually around when I'm not so if it's super important someone will see it eventually. I'll try to do better! I appreciate all of your patience. :sighduck:

What This Old Thing!?

Worm Casting Agent
kiwifarms.net
I've been encountering a problem where I try to archive one sub-thread of a massive ongoing meowmix tweet, and the pertinent bits get snipped. Any suggestions? I have tried archiving lead posts and the posts in question. Mostly I try to capture a user's "tweets and replies" archive but that leaves out context.
Edit typos

Jwhy

A different kind of idol
kiwifarms.net
I've been encountering a problem where I try to archive one sub-thread of a massive ongoing meowmix tweet, and the pertinent bits get snipped. Any suggestions? I have tried archiving lead posts and the posts in question. Mostly I try to capture a user's "tweets and replies" archive but that leaves out context.
Edit typos
If you capture the first tweet in WBM then all of the replies and subthreads will be archived.

Dafrunk89

kiwifarms.net
One suggestion. Every time I come here, I'm out of the loop, and I can't find a simple timeline of events, just a shitload of new threads. The confusion is real. What if we had one thread without discussion, pinned on top of the page, just a simple constantly updated list of events with dates, and perhaps links to threads where people discuss said events. That way people could see "oh, he did THAT in September 2028" and could jump right in, while also getting informed of the big picture without having to navigate this labyrinth of ever growing bullshit.

In case something like this already exists somewhere here, then I'm just an idiot and I will go fuck myself.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One suggestion. Every time I come here, I'm out of the loop, and I can't find a simple timeline of events, just a shitload of new threads. The confusion is real. What if we had one thread without discussion, pinned on top of the page, just a simple constantly updated list of events with dates, and perhaps links to threads where people discuss said events. That way people could see "oh, he did THAT in September 2028" and could jump right in, while also getting informed of the big picture without having to navigate this labyrinth of ever growing bullshit.

In case something like this already exists somewhere here, then I'm just an idiot and I will go fuck myself.

Keep it in reverse chron since we have stuff on him going way back? The newest information would be at the top then.