JY Stars in a Documentary -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Clicked on the link for today. Is it possible that there's some kind of "Limited Access Publication"? My eyes went straight to number 7 on the list, assault, possessing weapon for dangerous purposes, uttering threats, etc. Obviously total speculation that it's that specific one, but I'm curious if anyone knows the charges he's been hit with?
It looked good, but, "Unlawful confinement or imprisonment" would seem to be pushing it.

Also, that report appears to be sorted by last name (within court sessions), even when names are suppressed.
:thinking:
So, I think we should expect him to show up very near the bottom of a court session group, not between Beaupre and Berekoff.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure where to put this, but since it's "data" I'm sure Yaniv's "well-known documentarian" will surely want it.

Jonathan bough his apartment at 203-8915 202 ST LANGLEY V1M 0B5 for the princely sum of $309,000 on Aug 1, 2017. It's a humble one-bedroom unit with a total of 578 square feet currently worth about $315,000. While today's value of the apartment shows marginal gains, last year's valuation of the apartment was significantly less than it was purchased for. I wonder if this may have contributed to Yaniv's diminishing mental stability?

http://archive.md/ZtqBW

He would have known about the $250k assessment (made in July 2017 for the 2018 tax year) when he opted to buy it for $309k in 2017. The 2018 assessment for the 2019 tax year is now $315k so he can go kiss the bathroom mirror. The only downside there is that his tax bill's gone up a little bit.

Edit: Added years for clarity. The largest factor in upping the assessment, by the way, was probably his paying $309k for it. Purchase prices of surrounding apartments would also come into play.

wabbits

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Assessments are current year, are performed in the spring, and taxes payable by June. So the current assessment is 2019, and last year's assessment is 2018. Property valuations are performed by the provincial government (BC in this case) and collected by the local municipal government (Township of Langley in this case).

More info: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/property-taxes/annual-property-tax/important-dates

From your previous post:
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 12.29.27 PM.png

ComeGetSome

kiwifarms.net
Yaniv's not on the docket for today (nor the last 5 days), although it's not unusual for first appearances to not be on the docket, particular in bail matters. Most provincial courts (at least the bigger cities) post daily court dockets and the courts in Surrey (I'm not from BC but from what I gather it looks like Surrey provincial courts cover Langley) also publish the last five days.

I'm so horribly embarrassed that my provincial government can't do information services correctly. *sigh*

Unfortunately, they've opted to break up each docket by court location rather than publishing a large list and sorting it by location. While Yaniv is closes to Surrey, it's possible that he could wind up in:

Surrey
Port Coquitlam
New Westminster
Abbotsford
Vancouver

all depending on the case load of each location. I have ordered the above list in what I believe to be ascending distance for Yaniv to attend. Checking these daily sounds like a job for a little shell script and cronjob.

pr3nt177

jessica serenity yaniv simpson
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like that RCMP visit was more serious than Jonathan would like us to believe.
I hope so. Nothing delights me more than the thought of this little shit getting some comeuppance, whether with a hefty fine or just community service makes no odds to me. The fact that he has had to answer to someone over his behaviour is gratifying.

sixthwave

Here for the ☕️
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
From your previous post:
View attachment 890502
In 2016-2017, Metro Vancouver was in one of the worst housing bubbles ever. There were bidding wars and the like with condos/houses selling for up to 20% over asking/assessed value. 2018 was when the market started to correct and the assessments are starting to reflect that.

troon patrol

Only here because rehab kicked me out
kiwifarms.net
As stated previously this is probably just a trap to get some incriminating soundbites out of him meanwhile, the documentary is actually about people he tried to molest, sue, or molest and then sue. Even the troon community has dropped him, there's nobody who heard the full story backing him besides his mom and that's a big maybe at this point.

Something like:

Wax lady: Well, I told him I don't know how to wax male genitalia, he seemed really angry and threatening, after that.
JUMP CUT TO JY
JY: She was a total cunt, I wanted to slap her, laughs
JUMP CUT TO WAXER
Wax lady: he first asked me if he and I would be alone and nobody else would be around
JUMP CUT TO BLAIR WHITE YT CLIP
JY: I have an illegal stun gun *zzzap*

You get the idea, he doesn't have the willpower to turn down any media attention, he'd walk into a firing squad if there was camera next to the rifles.

lemmiwinks

кремлеботы
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Clicked on the link for today. Is it possible that there's some kind of "Limited Access Publication"? My eyes went straight to number 7 on the list, assault, possessing weapon for dangerous purposes, uttering threats, etc. Obviously total speculation that it's that specific one, but I'm curious if anyone knows the charges he's been hit with?

I have no experience with BC courts, and little experience with current dealings in Ontario (they publish a lot less details, even in the daily court digests in the papers and are generally a lot more wary about the effects of media on both the accused and alleged victims nowadays) but it was pretty rare for a publication ban to be enacted on an initial appearance as there's very little discussion regarding the facts of the case, and the public has a right to be informed.

IME what happens is an accused person will make a first appearance using "duty counsel" which is a court-appointed attorney (in the courts I was involved with the local lawyers take turns doing it) they're generally not bad lawyers but it isn't really their job to defend you, it's mostly to do administrative stuff like remand your case to give you time to actually hire a representative. They aren't going to do a ton of work they don't absolutely have to (because they're busy as hell).

Usually, what would happen is on the next appearance the lawyer would argue for a publication ban and if granted it would be interim until a judge could take time and mull the case over and decide if it serves the public good to continue the publication ban in the future, when some of the facts of the case will actually come out (over preliminary hearings etc).

I believe now, in certain cases like sexual assaults and possibly cases with a lot of media coverage that there might be some kind of mechanism to allow for an immediate publication ban but I have not been involved with this stuff in probably 8-10 years so I am not sure, but it does seem that way from some of the cases I have paid attention to in the last few years.

EDIT: What do you know, according to this document, there are "automatic" publication bans in BC but they only relate to sex offences, family court, and young offenders. The rest are subject to a hearing and all non-"automatic" requests to do so are published through an rss feed (or if you like through feedreader web client).

It looked good, but, "Unlawful confinement or imprisonment" would seem to be pushing it.

I know of a case where someone was convicted of unlawful confinement for holding someone's hand while they were trying to leave an argument.

I'm so horribly embarrassed that my provincial government can't do information services correctly. *sigh*

Unfortunately, they've opted to break up each docket by court location rather than publishing a large list and sorting it by location. While Yaniv is closes to Surrey, it's possible that he could wind up in:

Surrey
Port Coquitlam
New Westminster
Abbotsford
Vancouver

all depending on the case load of each location. I have ordered the above list in what I believe to be ascending distance for Yaniv to attend. Checking these daily sounds like a job for a little shell script and cronjob.

On the plus side, the links are hard links. In Vancouver area they decide where appearances will be made by the caseload of each individual court? Once the case starts working its way through do you think that all the appearances will be at the same location, or do you think it is subject to change?

I will post links for anyone interested to the dockets at the locations you mentioned (for anyone interested).

SurreyPort CoquitlamNew WestminsterAbbotsfordVancouver
CurrentLINKLINKLINKLINKLINK
Past 5 DaysLINKLINKLINKLINKLINK

In Ontario, it mostly goes by which police dept laid the original charges. For example, in my area if the OPP pick you up you would go to a specific jail and courthouse, but the city police also have overlapping jurisdiction with the OPP (the provincial police, they sort of fill the same rolls as RCMP do in BC, at least from the description I read in the main thread) and if you were to be arrested by the city police you would go to a different jail in a whole other city and your court would be in that town as well.

Last edited:

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
JY unlawfully confined the Rebel Media reporter by standing in front of his car to prevent him from leaving.
The last name, though?

Did he actually change his name to 'Jessica Begelbaum' rather than 'Jessica Yaniv'?

NewPhoneWhoDis

kiwifarms.net
There are a ton of film makers locally in Vancouver, and nearby Galliano island has Velcrow Ripper (that's their name) and the people who directed "The Corporation". I doubt anyone well known would be interested though, it's probably someone wanting notoriety.

My top guesses: It is either;

Vice, wishing to portray an innocent LGBTQ crusader being assailed by the cruel forces of the political right,

or a CBC (canada's state Pravda media) producer wishing to portray an innocent LGBTQ crusader being assailed by the cruel forces of the political right.

NewPhoneWhoDis

kiwifarms.net
Interesting.

If this statement is credible, it appears that whomever is working on this "documentary" is steering JY.

JY being prompted to apologize could be viewed from at least two angles:

-Documentarian is sympathetic, and wishes for JY to perform deeds which paint a positive light.

-Documentarian is covertly antagonistic and engaging in subterfuge to add another confession to the record.ECC519-U4AYHEoJ.jpg

http://archive.md/UmIfJ

Edit: removed female pronouns