Culture Kamala Harris apologizes for laughing at a supporter that called Trump a tard - Can we please start using the "R" word again?

ForTheHoard

Mocha Butt Fleshlight
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kamala Harris Apologizes for Her Reaction to ‘Mentally exceptional’ Remark About Trump

Kamala Harris Apologizes for Her Reaction to ‘Mentally exceptional’ Remark About Trump
The California senator, who was holding a town hall in New Hampshire on Friday, had laughed and told a supporter, “Well said.”

By Derrick Bryson Taylor
  • Sept. 8, 2019

Senator Kamala Harris of California apologized on Saturday after a man attending a town hall called President Trump’s actions “mentally exceptional” and she responded with a chuckle.
The exchange occurred during a discussion with the Democratic presidential candidate on Friday in New Hampshire.
A man in the audience asked what Ms. Harris planned to do in the next year to “diminish the mentally exceptional” actions of the president.

Members of the audience applauded and laughed. Ms. Harris, who was standing on a stage several feet from the man who spoke, chuckled and responded with, “Well said, well said.”

“I plan to win this election, I’ll tell you that,” she added.
By Saturday, Ms. Harris had started to backtrack on her response, telling CBS News the term that the man had used was “incredibly offensive” and that it wasn’t something she had “really heard or processed.”
Ms. Harris added that she had a longstanding record of supporting people with disabilities. She unveiled a plan last month to help individuals with disabilities gain equal access to jobs, education, housing and health care.
“You would think that in the year 2019, people would have a much better understanding of how hurtful a term like that can be, but also the history behind it,” she told CBS, “which is a history of really ignoring the needs and the realities and the capacity of our disability community.”
Get what you need to know to start your day, delivered to your inbox.

‘Trust Me’: Kamala Harris Makes Big Play on Criminal Justice Reform
Sept. 9, 2019

On her Twitter account, Ms. Harris said it had been “upsetting” to watch a video of the exchange.
“I didn’t hear the words the man used in that moment, but if I had I would’ve stopped and corrected him,” she wrote. “I’m sorry. That word and others like it aren’t acceptable ever.”
Her team did not return a request for comment about whether questions from attendees had been screened and preapproved. The identity of the man who had asked the question was unclear.
Responses to Ms. Harris’s apology on Twitter were mixed. Some users took note of Rosa’s Law, signed by President Barack Obama in 2010, which replaced the phrase “mentally exceptional individual” in federal statutes with “individual with an intellectual disability.”
The effort to change the language people use to refer to those with intellectual disabilities dates back to the 1980s, Peter Berns, the chief executive of The Arc, a national advocacy organization for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, said on Sunday.
“It’s very upsetting to hear that phrase continued to be used so commonly in our culture today,” Mr. Berns said. He called the term “derogatory” and “deeply offensive” to people with intellectual disabilities.
“Every time it is used, it really creates a teachable moment to try to explain to members of the public why the term is so offensive and really to share the history of oppression that people with intellectual disabilities have experienced in our country over the last 100 years, if not more,” Mr. Berns said.
Mr. Berns said he was glad to see Ms. Harris apologize.“Frankly, anyone — whether they’re a politician, a business leader, a celebrity — anyone who is using this language inappropriately” should apologize and become champions for this cause, he said.

The offending video

Indian Guy- "...people of color, so I don't buy the argument that impeachment doesn't make sense, and [it will acquit?]. I don't buy that argument. There needs to be [accountability?], and what are you gonna do in the next one year to diminish the mentally exceptional actions of this guy?"

Crowd of Democrat voters - *Laughs and breaks into applause*

Campaign staffer - *laughing and smiling while grabbing the microphone*

Kamala Harris - *Big smile* "Well said, well *laugh break* said. *laugh break* Um, I plan to win this election, I tell you that."

The Twitter call out. Someone is sad that Kamala Harris laughs at ablest language, but sadder that this will help Republicans.
1568248411771.png

The exceptional individual had more to add.
1568248593635.png

You know you're fucked when the DNC has fewer offensive word filters than the Kiwi Farms. Also, #CripTheVote... Is that a gang thing or disability thing?

Tour of Italy

with unlimited soup and salad
kiwifarms.net
"I hate calling out shit that the right will seize and twist for their own hypocritical gain"

The implication here being that only the left are truly caring, despite the fact that one of their frontrunners is laughing at an exceptional individual joke that someone on left made. Where's the real hypocrisy?

I mean, good for you for calling it out I guess if you really care, but forgive me if I question her sincerity if she feels the need to clarify that no really she actually cares, not like those dirty right wingers.

"It's only okay when I seize this shit and twist it for my own hypocritical gain, as I virtue signal".

The Last Stand

The smartest twins on the planet.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We live in a time and a place where anybody can say literally anything and people would CHOOSE to care as long as they get something from it. What happened to acting your age and glass houses?

• Feels
Reactions: Iwasamwillbe

Snow Fox

kiwifarms.net
We live in a time and a place where anybody can say literally anything and people would CHOOSE to care as long as they get something from it. What happened to acting your age and glass houses?
Acting your age is for Nazis, man. And you'd be hard-pressed to find a single person who uses Twitter, whether a politician or not, who isn't a massive fucking hypocrite who can't take any form of criticism.

BoingBoingBoi

please think responsibly
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
it's pretty shocking what presidential candidates are allowed to say about this current president and still stand a chance. if trump can manage to do any outreach to moderates and swing voters then i'm not sure how the current democrat outrage and smear machine can win.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino