• "I admit, I never had sex but sex is anything but abusive. The SJW's are just misconceptualize it as "rape" and "abuse.""

Trainwreck Kanadajin3The Canadian Japanese Idol.

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by HickoryDickory, Feb 22, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. Declaring a post powerleveling does not magically exempt you from this rule.
  • No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. Failtrolls will be ridiculed mercilessly.
  1. After @Ryker posted an ED article in the PixiTeri thread, I wanted to learn more about the fall-out of Mira and co. I have Sharla and a few other J-vloggers (Japanese vloggers) on my subs list and noticed that Mira wasn't doing any collabs with them anymore. Never bothered to look in to it, until now...

Mira is a Canadian J-vlogger that likes to believe that she knows more about Japan and its culture than the locals. She is a high school drop-out that can barely speak English (let alone Japanese) and has worked as an English tutor and at a hostess club. Before she arrived in Japan, she married a Japanese man and followed him there... Once he wanted to move back West for work, she divorced him. It is up in the air about her Visa, but people are speculating that she only has a few months left on it or that she's married another guy just to get a marriage Visa. (Something she states that she absolutely abhors!)

Misc bits:

-- Says her job is YouTube, but it is clearly not enough monies to cover the size of her apartment and brand fashions.
    -- Believes that she is a Japanese Idol and must wear a mask so not to be piled on by her loyal fans.
    -- Adds sexual innuendo to her screenshots, and even videos of herself bathing for fan service.
    -- Has a Housewife in Japan series even though she insists that she is no longer married... And, well, she clearly isn't Japanese. These videos also consist of innuendos and geared towards gaijin fetishists.

The Housewife in Japan series I find to be the creepiest... :'(

The biggest incident happened last summer when it was found out that Mira had been using sockpuppets to try and ruin Rachel's reputation after she did a review on a Chinese knock-offs line. Mira is the ultimate fashion horse and couldn't let this stand! No. No. No.

The accounts of the fail sockpuppeting and spiteful behavior are documented in Rachel & Jun's video.

Mira's condescending response.

References:
    https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Kanadajin

If you're catching up,
    check out this post with everything you could ever want.

• Informative Informative x 21
    • Like Like x 5
    #1 HickoryDickory, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
    HickoryDickory

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. One would wonder if this Canadian J-vlogger tried to become an idol only to be rejected. Then again, one would wonder if she tried. Outside of that, she better find a bachelor because she probably doesn't have enough time left to stay in Japan.

• Agree Agree x 4
    c-no

c-no Heresy Hunting Preacher

kiwifarms.net
  3. I'm still trying to figure out what her actual native language is. Because she keeps pretending it's English and I'd sooner believe she was a native Japanese speaker.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Papaya23

Papaya23 #1 victim of GamerGate

kiwifarms.net
  4. One of the reasons she gives for her English being so poor is that she is "forgetting" it. Pfft! As if a little time in Japan would set up linguistic Alzheimer's.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  5. Oh wow that response video was so full of it. As the minutes went on she just got more and more condescending.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Shiala

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. Jesus. Folks, the cure for not knowing how to act is not to intentionally act like you don't know how to act. Playing incompetent is much different than actually being incompetent. Incompetent incompetence is just horrible.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    blackie toy

blackie toy I am become Onii-san

kiwifarms.net
  7. and this folk is what happen when someone get stuck in their naruto phase, she must not be having many views for 2 things

1)she is using the wrong site, if you want to be a hit in japan you must first play in their territory aka niconicodouga
    2) there are better, TRUE and HONEST japanese girls in the internet, there are even streamers, i remember one day wasting like 5 hours seeing a girl eating dinner and playing with alpacas plushies

• Informative x 7
    • Agree x 5
    • Autistic x 4
    • Powerlevel x 2
    • Islamic Content x 1
    Cubanodun

Cubanodun Serious

kiwifarms.net
  8. From all accounts she's from a small place outside of Toronto, but it's on the ED article that she said it was too small to be on a map and they had to hunt for food. It wouldn't be out of the question for her to pick up a native dialect.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Feels Feels x 1
    HickoryDickory

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. I hope that's true because Toronto has a bad enough reputation as it is.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Shiala

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. God I remember the whole thing with the drama involving her making sockpuppets to harass her fellow youtubers...I think she was going through some psychotic episode at the time because she uploaded a video of her old boyfriend (or fiancee I forgot) verbally and occasionally physically abusing her. Most everyone was horrified that she would even do that and she quickly deleted it.

When she was on her sockputteting rampage she did this:

Fellow J-vlogger Unrested made some good videos on Mira(kanadajin3) as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    Karen

Karen Stage 3 Edgelord

kiwifarms.net
  11. Is it just me, or does she sound perpetually drunk?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Slowboat to China

Slowboat to China Don't tell me I'm still on that feckin' island!

kiwifarms.net
  12. That's just the intense FAS speaking.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    that1guy

that1guy Deagle Nation Mourner

kiwifarms.net
  13. Mira's videos are utterly unwatchable. I seriously can't with her. Her thumbnails are always hilarious though, with the tryhard sexy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    For The Internet

For The Internet Tits and ALL
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. Is it confirmed that she has FAS?

Shiala

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. I used to live in Ontario, it's definitely not just some rural Ontario dialect. It's also not like Aboriginal languages of the region or French. She's like Ukrainian or something.

It's really easy to see here:

• Informative Informative x 7
    Papaya23

kiwifarms.net
  16. I don't hear the Ukrainian? It still sounds like a flat native tone, to me. (Not implying that she's native, just picked up the dialect from living in a smaller community. Jeebus knows I have a similar issue, and I'm native.) It could also just be a mish-mash. (:_(

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    HickoryDickory

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. Her accent is nothing like a Ukrainian accent. The way she pronounces some words reminds me of Germans who have been in the US for a very long time, but her accent isn't European. I agree that she sounds like she has a flat regional accent.

The thing about her demands that you don't offend people in Japan is:

a) she exaggerates everything
    b) according to the Japanese people I know, Japanese who are not xenophobic understand gaijin don't necessarily know the rules and are very understanding and accommodating when people make etiquette errors. If you live and work there expectations are a bit higher, but generally the harsh judgement is reserved for people who either dislike gaijin (and thus nothing you do will be good enough) or from people in more rural areas where gaijin are uncommon.

Generally when Japanese people come over here (Australia) they will ask a million questions about how things are done and want to be corrected when they make mistakes. It's the same when foreigners go to Japan, generally people want to learn and generally they are only too happy to help correct any mistakes and fill you in on the correct thing to do. It's only if you're really obnoxious and don't try to learn that people will lose respect for you.

This is based on years of friendship with Japanese exchange students and teachers so it's not universal, of course, but I'm pretty sure they know more about what Japanese people think of gaijin than Kanadajin does.

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    #17 For The Internet, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    For The Internet

For The Internet Tits and ALL
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Yeah I guess I misspoke, I don't think she has a Ukrainian accent per se, but she reminds me of the almost-there-but-not-quite English that the Eastern European kids would speak when I lived around there. Namely, she doesn't aspirate her stops right, she doesn't do tense/lax vowels properly and she's got some weird "syllable-timed" prosody thing going. (She's also super white and has an odd face, which also reminds me of that group.)

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Papaya23

kiwifarms.net
  19. Based on the backstory alone, I'm a bit spooked by the length people would go to arrive in and stay in Japan... Just to sit inside and make YouTube videos?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    Shotgun Ronnie

Shotgun Ronnie Sleep-deprived autist.

kiwifarms.net
  20. she sounds like a combination of newfie and Tommy Wiseau

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Damocles_Sword

Damocles_Sword Shovelmech Pilot

kiwifarms.net