• "I assume that "cows" or lolcows are people that these losers consider overweight."

Kanadajin3The Canadian Japanese Idol.

Discussion in 'Beauty Parlour' started by HickoryDickory, Feb 22, 2015.

Forum Guidelines

The Beauty Parlour is for women or not-women in the sphere of cosplay and the beauty industry that is not strictly limited to lolcows.

• No thirst. No one cares if you want to have sex with someone. Reporting thirst posts to mods is encouraged.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. We are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you make us cringe while trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  1. Holy crap. She was one of the few J bloggers I actually liked; I come back from having not watching her videos in a year only to see this...

Although maybe that thing she said about never tipping servers at restaurants was foreshadowing I completely missed.

• Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  2. her face weirds me out. her nose is way too flat and that scares me. like she's some kind of half-lizard woman

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Wilhelm

Wilhelm yaint

kiwifarms.net

3. Indeed. Melted eyes, crooked misshapen nose, pin-headed nostrils, teeth too big for her mouth, derpy expression reminiscent of the perpetually confused...she does have a face that hardly inspires confidence in the ideals of sanity.

[​IMG] [SPOILER/]

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. I think I might have run into her somewhere on youtube. Was she the one that made the video that said Japanese people don't eat unpeeled fruit and will look grossed out if you do? Apparently even grapes

• Agree Agree x 2
    AtroposHeart

AtroposHeart KAWAII WEEABOO PRINCESSU

kiwifarms.net
  5. A good friend of mine is japanese. As in, born, raised and is living there (we met in real life several times though)
    She would be puzzled by all this nonsense, even more so than i am.
    I watched those videos and all i got was childish artificial drama about who betrayed who and what not. And when i actually tried and looked closer, i found nothing of substance.

Maybe i'm missing something here (most definately). But this looks like some weird fetish to me and nothing else.

• Informative Informative x 2
    The Damned Thing

The Damned Thing is damned. And a thing.

kiwifarms.net
  6. If it is worth anything she married a Japanese man in Canada, and together they moved to Japan together. When he wanted to go back to the West for work she divorced him, so she could stay in Japan.

AtroposHeart

AtroposHeart KAWAII WEEABOO PRINCESSU

kiwifarms.net
  7. I've been around the planet with my job, and I have a pretty strict set of rules I set for myself: 1. Don't be a dick. 2. No really, DON'T BE A DICK.
    3. Try some local food. 4. Try not to get too drunk at the clubs, cause there might be cool stuff you want to see.

Follow these and you'll make a ton of friends or get a ton of stuff for free and not look like an annoying tourist.

Kanadajin's videos come off as if she is an annoying tourist.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  8. Which doesn't sound that unusual. But then there are these videos....

The Damned Thing

kiwifarms.net
    • Like Like x 5
    The Damned Thing

kiwifarms.net
  10. That's pretty true, but I can understand the other girls feelings were hurt due to Mira using them just to get subs for YT monies. (There is a financial bent, Mira couldn't/wouldn't be able to float without them) The soapy drama of it I chalk up to being immature.

I'll just leave this here...

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    HickoryDickory

HickoryDickory I <3 Pickles.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I feel weirdly aroused. :surprised:

• Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    The Damned Thing

kiwifarms.net
  12. I've been studying Japanese for the past two years so Ive run into Kanadajin3 as well as j-bloggers in general.

Truth be told: Theyre all pretty annoying. Kanadajin doesn't know what the fuck shes talking about but Rachel can be seriously weeby herself. I remember her posting a video implying that no one in Japan cat-calls or sexually harasses women when in the suggested videos there were videos from actual Japanese people explaining how to avoid getting molested on the train.

But back OT: I have no idea what language is Mira's native tongue. She may have some serious mental issues. Her Japanese is even poorer than her English. And I'm not trying to be mean, but due to that close up picture I wouldn't be surprised to find out something was genetically off.

• Like Like x 3
    Lefty's Revenge

Lefty's Revenge "The fuck is this shit?"

kiwifarms.net
  13. I'd say she looks kind of cute sometimes (sort of, other pics are just terrible), and her voice is ok (and that translates as "great voice even being a lolcow"), but you know...

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    Abilene

Abilene [Unintelligible]

kiwifarms.net
  14. The fact that she barely opens her mouth while speaking doesn't help her enunciation either.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself

kiwifarms.net
  15. I can confirm, she is not french-canadian, her pronunciation of certain words are not how we say them and it's is not even near english-quebecois accent. It's not a maritine accent too. I think her parents taught a first language at home that wasn't english, maybe Romanian? She talks a little like my high school english teacher.
    When you think about it, she might really be the lovechild of Tommy Wiseau and a newfie. We don't know anything about her parents (except the things she said, like they are natives).

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Toast

Toast Master Neckbeard Bait

kiwifarms.net
  16. Howdy, Kiwi's! I hail from PULL and am only here to drop off our summary thread. Here you will hear magical tales of racism, bullying, generalization, and delusion. I'm exaggerating though. It's not much different than the ED article since I think PULL members were the ones who created it in the first place. But we do have a whole subgroup for her so you can probably get some more insight. Alright, I'll leave y'all alone now.

http://prettyuglylittleliar.freeforums.org/mira-kanadajin3-summary-t3956.html

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Fire Cracker

Fire Cracker kawaii

kiwifarms.net
  17. I've only watched around three of Rachel's videos. There's something about her that bugs me (Prissy), but I think it's the same issue I have with a lot of them. -- They can come off as "This is how it is everywhere." and not saying "This is how it is in (Current location)."

My brother's worked in Japan for a stint, so I just ask him what he thinks and he wasn't too impressed with the vids I showed him. :geek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    HickoryDickory

HickoryDickory I <3 Pickles.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. I've been all over Canada and I'd say that her accent is more west coast than anything else. Northern Ontario has a distinct woodsy native bend to it and she sure as hell isn't Quebecois.

I'm from BC and her voice didn't sound all that weird to me. It's quite reminiscent of Asians attempting to speak English. Having isolated herself from native English speakers and spent most of her life residing in some kind of augmented reality Japan fun-land, it isn't surprising that her speech would shift to match her worldview. It happens all the time.

I think in greentext.

• Feels Feels x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Half of us believed she was tying to sound like a native Japanese person the other half figured she was just a "lazy speaker." Though she claims she speaks that way because she's "forgetting english" which is probably the most bullshit thing I've ever heard in my life. Just remember that she is (was?) an English tutor.

Here's another classic Mira for you guys. Apparently it's bad if you try to teach your kid to be bilingual. She's such a weeb that'd she'd rather skip out on a skill that could be very valuable for her child's future than to have a dirty Gaijin kid. She has racist and conservative views for a foreigner but it's not really surprising considering how delusional she is.

Attached Files:

Fire Cracker

Fire Cracker kawaii

kiwifarms.net
  20. I'm almost wondering if she's putting some of it on to sound Japanese, but my ESL sirens are still blaring. Rewatching the "lol losing English" video, she puts the wrong stress on words (gràmmatical instead of grammàtical), has weird tonal melodies and doesn't reduce her vowels at all ("anything to help" has a full "too" instead of a schwa, and she does this constantly). Generally phonologists don't consider "syllable timed" and "stress timed" to be an actual thing, but if they were, she's "syllable-timing" her speech.

Additionally when there are non-English prosodic melodies, they seem to have features like multiple high tones or some other melody that anchors to the end of the phrase ("it'll becóme góne" or "it's cálled day off, it's not cálled holiday, that's méssed up, that's wéird"). Japanese tonal melodies generally anchor to words like nouns that come in the beginning of the phrase and then one tone stretches over the rest of the sentence until a final boundary tone. Basically, the opposite of what she's doing (which isn't English either).

I guess I can't rule out BC because I haven't been there since I was little. Still, she does claim in her video to be native English. And I guess I've confused myself and had English brainfarts now and again. But I don't think people hate her for spreading misinformation per se, it's probably just that she leaves an awful taste in our mouths from all the "I am kyabakura geisha goddess look at all my honorable J-husbands" hubris.

^Edit: in that twitter thread not only does she admit she's not a French speaker but "it isn't super opertunity if your kid has another language skill", "depends on person", "French is benefit"

• Informative Informative x 3
    #40 Papaya23, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Papaya23

Papaya23 #1 victim of GamerGate

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

Founded as the CWCki Forums, and originally dedicated to Christian Weston Chandler, the Kiwi Farms is about eccentrics on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are fascinating for reasons distinct to each spectator. We document the phenomenon, with every member bringing different perspectives and opinions to discussion. It is this diversity which has caused our peculiar community to thrive.

• Affiliates

• Power our Autism

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.