Karl Damon Smallwood / @KarlSmallwood / Karlswood / FactFiend.com / Big Wangers INC. - That time an Ex-Cracked writer got PTSD from his YouTube comments

L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
Edit: his address might be 50 Weston Road, Doncaster

Introduction

Karl Smallwood is a edutainment Youtuber with a massive, sandy cunt who lives off Twitter drama. Quote-tweeting people who gave him so much as faint criticism, going on blocking sprees, and claiming that the Youtube comments are giving him mental issues. His woke diatribes would overflow into the main point of the videos, poisoning any entertainment value they had and making it so the only thing that's actually entertaining about him is his slow slide into irrelevancy.

Part 1: Cracked & Wordpress

Karl got his start in Cracked in 2011, where he wrote nothing of great importance. He had a wordpress blog, where it's funny to note both his hypocrisy and his obsession with negative criticism. He let trolls and critics overwhelm him. Other than that, he's not changed much. Same juvenile sense of humour (sex joke, a pun, or a joke about the nazis), same moral grandstanding, same obsession with "owning" journalists he thought were beneath him.

What's interesting is his brief Carl Crossover with Warcorpse666. Interestingly, Karl doesn't find making fun of his last name offensive but spelling his first name wrong triggers him.

I was expecting him to be a lot more offensive pre-2014, granted he used to call people r.etarded a lot before it went out of fashion. Karl's ego problems became exacerbated when he got big on Youtube via the FactFiend brand.

notverywokeofyou.pngjesuschrist.png
"Freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from consequences! *squawk*"

After leaving Cracked and joining Today I Found Out, Karl and his friend Brad Rawlinson started their channel FactFiend around two years ago. They would get Karl drunk and he'd try to read off facts. It was funny and the channel became popular. Unfortunately, this period of Karl being able to keep his insufferable persona away from the video persona wouldn't last long.

Part 2: Discord
The first red flag for Karl's behavior was the infamous Fact Fiend Discord incident. Carl's Video Explanation:

Discord Drama TL;DW:
  • Someone approaches Karl to make a Fact Fiend discord. He agrees, but is buttblasted by the "racist memes".
  • Karl deletes the discord, opens it again, then deletes it.
  • Karl tries to paint the fans in the discord as Grand Wizards but, as indicated by one of his comments, they were instead edgy teenagers.
  • Karl accuses a teenage girl of being some sort of "racist memelord" and complains about humour he doesn't understand from people funnier than him.
  • Pretends he's taking a stand against racism so his drooling woke fanboys can clap for him.
quoteunquoteracism.png
Maybe there were unironic "nazis" like Karl and his fanboys claim, but no screenshots exist to back this up.

The comments seem to agree.
collage.png
This incident marks a turning point from Karl generally avoiding bringing his personal issues into the show, to Karl spewing verbal diarrhea based on Twitter drama he got into the previous night.

Part 3: Comments
Karl decides to nuke his Youtube channel with some of the shittiest political discourse around. The first gigantic pile of dogshit he calls "his opinions" stunk up the channel with this video:

This is the first time Karl becomes this overtly exceptional, as his employee Brad eggs him on. For these next few happenings there's not much to describe, but what is rather telling is that Brad sometimes offers a counterpoint before Karl shuts him down. Brad is an employee first and a friend second (Karl has made numerous jokes at his expense and constantly refers to Brad as an employee as a "joke"). Brad shuts up so as not to interfere with his paycheck.

trapisntaslur.png

Karl has a Youtube audience that actively hates him for baiting them in with good content then surprising them with Karl's hot takes. Karl's now going crazy on anyone and everyone. He is randomly quote-tweeting and sending harassment after regular fans for the slightest disagreements. He's also accusing them of being misogynists after they go "who this?" after Karl hires a new editor that no one likes.

factfiendreddit.png

oweyouanything.png

Of course, he and his fans will just say, "Karl doesn't owe you anything".

commentsectionretardation.png

Karl is now turning off youtube comments all together, Why? Apparently they were mentally stressful.

According to Karl, he turned off comments in fear of getting demonetised for toxic comments. He's an idiot he thought the only choice he had was to individually approve each comment and it was proving too much to moderate.

Karl's easy to fuck with, responds with completely wacky seriousposting and takes memes at face value. This starts some friction within the Fact Fiend fanbase and they end up splitting up into three different subs, one moderated by Karl (Fact_Fiend_Official) and two others that don't kiss his ass.

Karl HATES this. And makes it known by leaving angry comments to strangers.

yikes!.png

Yes, Carl thinks you can you can delete a subreddit.

Part 4: Money

Karl's also complaining about corporations sponsoring him.

In this video Karl details the weird ways he either leads on corporations to waste their time, or will write paragraphs on how he hates the idea and wants you to fuck off. What happens next? Sponsors don't want his show anymore, and he complains about it!

He even complains about fans wanting to send him a fiver!

It seems he's trying to court the Breadtube audience, and failing. As evidenced by that fact that he does browse that sub.

So how has it all affected Fact Fiend as a brand and Carl's bottom line? Well fucking deeply, in fact.
stats.png

Fact Fiend, in its very short peak in 2018, got around half a million views per video. Now, they get around 100K per vid, and it takes months for them to hit 200k. Who knew people wouldn't like you after you disabled discussion, obsessively stalked the post histories of people you argue with and met every bit of delicate criticism with seething?

In-Thread Archives
K-Tards - Carl being unwoke on Twitter
"Why Freedom of Speech Can Go Fuck Itself" - Wordpress
"Let's Meet the People Who Complain in Cracked's Comment Section" - Wordpress
"Why VICE.com can go fuck itself." - Wordpress
Archive of the Discord Video
Archive of the Star Trek video
"The Video that Sums up Everything that's Wrong with the Internet" - Wordpress
factfiend subreddit
Fact_Fiend Subreddit
Fact_Fiend_Official subreddit
"Selling Out - No Thanks" Archive
Pitch a Fiver - Thread
No One Wants to Sponsor Us - Thread
Breadtube post

Social Medias
Twitter (archive)
Facebook (archive)
Wordpress Archive
Instagram (archive)
Reddit (archive)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LN 910

kiwifarms.net
Shit. I’ll have to fix that when I get back on the computer.

og_eras

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to make the sane choice of completely ignoring this thread. He's not like a Jim Sterling where his videos are mostly enjoyable but you KNOW that if you dig just a little you will find a bunch of shit on him. Karl seems like a decent guy who would probably be fun to drink something with. I really don't want to read a thread about him acting like a kid that had his first 5 minutes of fame and replying to every single troll, because skimming trough the thread that's what it seems it is mostly.

I'll probably check it out tomorrow morning. I don't even watch his videos, I just like the mental image I have of him.

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to make the sane choice of completely ignoring this thread. He's not like a Jim Sterling where his videos are mostly enjoyable but you KNOW that if you dig just a little you will find a bunch of shit on him. Karl seems like a decent guy who would probably be fun to drink something with. I really don't want to read a thread about him acting like a kid that had his first 5 minutes of fame and replying to every single troll, because skimming trough the thread that's what it seems it is mostly.

I'll probably check it out tomorrow morning. I don't even watch his videos, I just like the mental image I have of him.
Boy, will your face be red in five years after Karl decides to grow a beard and run for UKIP.

All joking aside; I watch his videos and between what I've gleaned from them and what I read here the worst Karl can be accused of is being thin skinned.

Burning Fanatic

Lvl. 12 Necroposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My personal issue is the lack of any good images or videos in the OP that aren't just more text dumps. Doesn't necessarily make or break an OP, but I always like having them to provide further context. Like with your previous threads on Wil Wheaton + Felicia Day and Arin Hanson, they immediately show us who they are and how ridiculous they look before we even get to read about them. Here, everything's limited to tweets, thread responses and YouTube comments.

Meanwhile, I keep reading his name as "Karl of Smallwood" like that of "Carl of Swindon."

Thomas Paine

Jameson® Irish Whiskey enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Reads too much like a bloated novel, remove the dead wood in your sentences/paragraphs and condense it to what matters. Most of this OP is irrelevant info or redundant sentences.

Remember there is no point in organizing things into bullet points or summaries if all your points turn out to be paragraphs.

Thomas Paine

Jameson® Irish Whiskey enthusiast
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here, I even fixed all the times you spelled Karl incorrectly.
This should also read easier and I embedded the YT videos.
I tried my best to keep your tone and content, I didn't want to change your info, only edit it.

Introduction

Karl Smallwood is a edutainment Youtuber. A former writer for Cracked and Today I Found Out, Karl and his friend Brad Rawlinson started their channel FactFiend around two years ago. They would get Karl drunk and he'd try to read off facts. It was funny and the channel became popular. Unfortunately, Karl would quickly reveal himself to be a massive, sandy cunt who lives off Twitter drama. Quote-tweeting people who gave him so much as faint criticism, going on blocking sprees, and claiming that the Youtube comments were giving him mental issues. This would overflow into the videos, in the form of woke diatribes. The ultimate L in Karl's short-lived fifteen minutes would be finally disabling comments, only to bring them back after realizing that no comments means no promotion by Youtube analytics. It's at this point that Karl's slow slide into irrelevancy is more entertaining than what got him famous in the first place.

Chapter 0 - Before Relevancy

Karl got his start in Cracked in 2011, where he wrote nothing of great importance. He had a wordpress blog, where it's funny to note both his hypocrisy and his obsession with negative criticism. He let trolls and critics overwhelm him. Other than that, he's not changed much. Same juvenile sense of humour (sex joke, a pun, or a joke about the nazis), same moral grandstanding, same obsession with "owning" journalists he thought were beneath him.

What's interesting is his brief Carl Crossover with Warcorpse666. Interestingly, Karl doesn't find making fun of his last name offensive but spelling his first name wrong triggers him.

I was expecting him to be a lot more offensive pre-2014, granted he used to call people r.etarded a lot before it went out of fashion. Karl's ego problems became exacerbated when he got big on Youtube via the FactFiend brand.

notverywokeofyou.pngjesuschrist.png
"Freedom of speech doesn't equal freedom from consequences! *squawk*"

Chapter 1 - The Discord Discordance

The first red flag for Karl's behavior was the infamous Fact Fiend Discord incident. Carl's Video Explanation:

Discord Drama TLDR:
  • Someone approaches Karl to make a Fact Fiend discord. He agrees.
  • The discord is infested with "racist memes". Karl closes the discord day one.
  • Karl gets offered again, agrees again. Same thing happens.
  • When reciting this story the mask slips, Karl reveals that the people running the discord weren't Grand Wizards but instead edgy teenagers.
  • Karl accuses a teenage girl of being some sort of "racist memelord" and complains because he doesn't get Zoomer humour.
quoteunquoteracism.png
Maybe there were unironic "nazis" like Karl and his fanboys claim, but no screenshots exist to back this up.

The comments seem to agree.
collage.png
This incident marks a turning point from Karl generally avoiding bringing his personal issues into the show, to Karl spewing verbal diarrhea based on Twitter drama he got into the previous night.

Chapter 2 - Carl Gets Woke on the FQ

Karl decides to nuke his Youtube channel with some of the shittiest political discourse around. The first gigantic pile of dogshit he calls "his opinions" stunk up the channel with this video:

This is the first time Karl becomes this overtly exceptional, as his employee Brad eggs him on. For these next few happenings there's not much to describe, but what is rather telling is that Brad sometimes offers a counterpoint before Karl shuts him down. Brad is an employee first and a friend second (Karl has made numerous jokes at his expense and constantly refers to Brad as an employee as a "joke"). Brad shuts up so as not to interfere with his paycheck.

trapisntaslur.png

Chapter 3 - Carl and the Comments

Karl has a Youtube audience that actively hates him for baiting them in with good content then surprising them with Karl's hot takes. Karl's now going crazy on anyone and everyone. He is randomly quote-tweeting and sending harassment after regular fans for the slightest disagreements. He's also accusing them of being misogynists after they go "who this?" after Karl hires a new editor that no one likes.

factfiendreddit.png

oweyouanything.png

Of course, he and his fans will just say, "Karl doesn't owe you anything".

commentsectionretardation.png

Karl is now turning off youtube comments all together, Why? Apparently they were mentally stressful.

According to Karl, he turned off comments in fear of getting demonetised for toxic comments. He's an idiot he thought the only choice he had was to individually approve each comment and it was proving too much to moderate.

Chapter 4 - Carl and the Comments 2: Ass-Kisser Boogaloo

Karl's easy to fuck with, responds with completely wacky seriousposting and takes memes at face value. This starts some friction within the Fact Fiend fanbase and they end up splitting up into three different subs, one moderated by Karl (Fact_Fiend_Official) and two others that don't kiss his ass.

Karl HATES this. And makes it known by leaving angry comments to strangers.

yikes!.png

Yes, Carl thinks you can you can delete a subreddit.

Chapter 5 - "Fuck Off I Don't Want Your Money"

Karl's also complaining about corporations sponsoring him.

In this video Karl details the weird ways he either leads on corporations to waste their time, or will write paragraphs on how he hates the idea and wants you to fuck off. What happens next? Sponsors don't want his show anymore, and he complains about it!

He even complains about fans wanting to send him a fiver!

It seems he's trying to court the Breadtube audience, and failing. As evidenced by that fact that he does browse that sub.

Chapter 6 - "...Why Am I Broke?"
How has it all affected Fact Fiend as a brand and Carl's bottom line? Well fucking deeply, in fact.

Fact Fiend, in its very short peak in 2018, got around half a million views per video. Now, they get around 100K per vid, and it takes months for them to hit 200k. Who knew people wouldn't like you after you disabled discussion, obsessively stalked the post histories of people you argue with and met every bit of delicate criticism with seething?

ωσкє вℓυє мυѕℓιм qυєєη

#BlackGirlMagic
kiwifarms.net
I went to check the breadtube post and realized that despite being about creators that supposedly arent political their list is composed of people that are desperate to become breadtubers themselves (Mothers Basement, Quinton Reviews, Overly Sarcastic Productions) and discriminate against those who dared to side with PewDiePie.
Everything is political, cant you see the undertones on Peppa Pig ya cunt? Is bloody labour propaganda!

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino