Karl Damon Smallwood / @KarlSmallwood / Karlswood / FactFiend.com / Big Wangers INC. - That time an Ex-Cracked writer got PTSD from his YouTube comments

Carl Smallwang

kiwifarms.net
Socialblade is never accurate!
It doesn't account ad-blockers or skipped ads and average viewtime so on. It just takes the channel views and calculates a theoretical amount of money.
Every view is counted as a view who's monetized (no ad-block, no skipping of ads, no average video viewtime brought into account). TBH, this a absolutely unreliable way to calculate ones income from YouTube, even YouTube analytics are better than that and they suck beaucoup ass too.
I would even go as far and say that tools like socialblade are responsible for all these idiots coming to YouTube and dreaming of making it big, spoken in monetary terms, because they're not reading the small print and taking everything on socialblade as gospel.
If I would have to make an estimate, Smallwood most likely would earn more monthly with a regular 9 to 5 job than with YouTube, but it's definitely not at least 1.3k £ what he makes on YouTube, it's way less than that given how many people use ad-blockers these days. Also noteworthy is that the CPM is calculated only by cpm's from socialblade partners, which means the average YouTuber is way below a cpm of 0.25USD and a cpm of 4 USD is just laughably unrealistic for anone outside the top earning YouTubers.
View attachment 1458264
https://socialblade.com/youtube/help/how-are-estimated-earnings-calculated

To be brutally frank, everytime you hear a YouTuber crying about "muh YouTube monies are bad" it's all bullshit, it's just that people using more and more ad-blockers because they're sick and tired of greedy clickbaiting cunts which have 6 ads in a 15 minute video. That's the real reason why they all have Sponsor, Patreon, Subscribestar and so on.
There are top earners at YouTube like PewDiePie and all the other bigshots, no doubt about it, but most YouTubers are barely scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Edit: What I have forgot to mention, even if he would make 1.3k £ a month, that's revenue not income and given the taxes in the UK, well you get the picture.
I wouldn't disagree. Also I'm pretty sure fact fiend doesn't run more then one pre-roll ad on there videos if I am not mistaken. They have also refused sponsorship's, with the same attitude they have towards their fans. Utter contempt and hatred. Which is hilarious if you see those exchanges, and sorta heart warming. Honestly it's more of a mystery how Karl makes his money. VC investors, a secret YouTube deal, I dunno. I think YouTube does stack the deck in certain creators favor. Especially if they create pretty safe content like Karl does. So he might get a larger take. at this point Karl definitely has handlers at You-tube. Its all probably sealed under some type of NDA.

Wilhelm Bittrich

My pronouns: fuck/off
kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't disagree. Also I'm pretty sure fact fiend doesn't run more then one pre-roll ad on there videos if I am not mistaken. They have also refused sponsorship's, with the same attitude they have towards their fans. Utter contempt and hatred. Which is hilarious if you see those exchanges, and sorta heart warming. Honestly it's more of a mystery how Karl makes his money. VC investors, a secret YouTube deal, I dunno. I think YouTube does stack the deck in certain creators favor. Especially if they create pretty safe content like Karl does. So he might get a larger take. at this point Karl definitely has handlers at You-tube. Its all probably sealed under some type of NDA.
Yes, YouTube stacks the deck for certain creators and you just need to look at "trending" to know who they are, mostly the usual msm crap paired with e-thots and youtubers like the dudes who also were handpicked for Brie Larsons first video.
In terms of YouTube relevancy every channel under 5 million subscribers is just a nuisance for Susan's gang. YouTube started catering to MSM and News corps years ago, people like Karl and every other content creator would be long gone if YT could survive on Jimmy Kimmel clips and the like alone.
In todays YouTube terms spoken having 637k subscribers, like Karl, is beginning to "barely appear on the horizon".
There's nothing such as a larger take, your ad-revenue comes not from YouTube directly it comes from Google ad-sense.
Only the big ones have a personal handler tho which means PewDiePie has his handler on short dial while people like Karl can write an e-mail and gets a response a few days/week later. YouTube is one of the worst caste systems I've ever seen.
AFAIK, Karl lives in UKistan, so maybe there is some sort of income support program which he leeches off of.

bimbo wife

the methadone clinic opens at 5:30
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad this stuff about this dude pops up so quickly. I use the farms although I'm not glued to it, so I don't see all the cows who roll through, and was happy to see a thread about this cuck. I was watching "Today I Found Out" which is sort of meh but I'm at a shortage for mindless history stuff on YouTube and was led to Karl's channel after aimlessly clicking around. Knew right away something had to be up with a dude pretending to be drunk drinking a Monster energy drink, and the comments were pretty quick to mention his erratic sensitive behavior. What a dork. I didn't know anybody gave a shit about Cracked aside from a couple funny articles you'd stumble upon from time to time, seems like a pretty weak credential to hoist yourself upon. It'll be no time before he ruins his own gig - there's no talking sense into people like him.

Tags
None