Careercow Karol Madera / VE7KFM - Amateur Radio Lolcow

TheDrivelBroadcast

Bouncing autism off the Ionosphere.
kiwifarms.net
First Lolcow posting, this one not on any of the forums or social media platforms that people trawl here (I think), so he should be a completely new character to people here.

VE7KFM (Name is Karol Madera) is a Canadian HAM radio operator frequenting the frequency of 14.313Mhz. His on-air rants are (in)famous amongst many American and Canadian operators, but due to the frequency he uses (20m band) people all around the world get to hear everything he has to say. On amateur radio, we do not broadcast to listeners, like a normal FM radio station would, such is against the terms of our licence and doing so can incur a hefty fine. Instead we have conversations with other people, but this distinction is not apparent to VE7KFM. He broadcasts "Radio Canada" from his somewhat dilapidated house, filled with various profanities and insults, with references to his scat fetish and paedophilia, going so far as to talk about an 11 year living near house. He frequently ends up in profanity filled arguments with the other inhabitants of 14.313Mhz, breaking numerous licence conditions in the process. I'd be more specific, but I can't bring myself to wade through the websites. He also has something of a feud with another operator, K3VR, and each operator has an equally disturbing website about the other. I'll list the websites below. There's an entire group on 14.313Mhz, but Karol is the most well known. I'm an amateur radio operator myself, so I'm happy to help out with any amateur radio specific terminology or idiosyncrasies within our community.

Not sure who runs this website, it appears to be a website about the various other infamous operators on 14.313Mhz. I suspect this is K3VRs

VE7KFMs very own website. Hosted by his ISP

A Youtube video of VE7KFMs broadcasts.

Last edited:

Yellow Yam Scam

I dont want onion flavored donuts and stuff. Hark!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can you explain a few basics of how the frequencies work? Multiple people can use the same frequency, right? Can't other people just broadcast at the same time as him to drown him out? What are bands and how do they effect who he can broadcast to?

please explain as if I'm as stupid and entitled as CWC.

Goofy Logic

Is this thing working right?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Doesn't canada have the ability to yank his license? US hams are somewhat autistic and pedantic with rules as they know that if they don't police things that the FCC will happily give away large chunks of ham frequencies to corporate interests.
Industry Canada is a the regulatory board for the radio spectrum in Canada and act very much like the FCC in that regard.

Part of the problem is there is no real regulations (that I am aware of) regarding the sale of radio equipment. When I bought some ham radios, no one even asked me if I have a licence.

CB radio, while almost dead, has their share of crazies. Some modify their radios to illegal powers to try and shit up the channel. Channel 6 seems to have the most of this activity

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's not a "station." He's just some dude.

IC will probably be the relevant authority, but maybe OP can enlighten us, because the legal status of ham radio is, well, kind of weird and complicated.
In the United States the FCC would eventually triangulate his position and slam him with severe fines, most likely seizing his equipment in the process. I'm not sure why Canada's equivalent to the FCC hasn't done this yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin and Holdek

AnOminous

FIST FUCK
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
In the United States the FCC would eventually triangulate his position and slam him with severe fines, most likely seizing his equipment in the process. I'm not sure why Canada's equivalent to the FCC hasn't done this yet.
The FCC has put up with amazing amounts of bullshit from American ham spergs. This guy seems pretty extreme, but who knows? They don't even need to triangulate this guy's position since his identity is known, isn't it?

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The FCC has put up with amazing amounts of bullshit from American ham spergs. This guy seems pretty extreme, but who knows? They don't even need to triangulate this guy's position since his identity is known, isn't it?
They would still take readings triangulating him so they can admit it as evidence that the transmission was originating from his house.

Abby

kiwifarms.net
From what I've looked into, this frequency 14.313 is pretty much a dumpster fire. It sounds like the ham radio equivalent to shitposting and this Karol Madera is the king of shitposting. I tried looking through the websites and Madera and Brian Crow are both insane. They both want to other to be taken down but the FCC doesn't give a shit since its just a bunch of speds arguing over the radio. Allowing all the garbage to go unchecked in 14.313 seems to keep it from shitting up the rest of the airwaves.

I tried shifting through some of it but this is pretty bizarre stuff and its difficult to understand whats really going on. I couldn't even keep all the call signs and pseudonyms straight, much less comprehend the lunacy going on especially through all the propaganda.

I found a few other videos on what goes on in 14.313 though. All seems to revolve around Karol. Warning: prolongued listening to these broadcasts can replicate the symptoms of schizophrenia, at least it did for me listening to them on little sleep for, like, an hour.

Ranting about some FCC employee.

A ghost tries to summon Karol.

This old dude really likes to soapbox about Karol.

I think this is the same old guy. I dunno.

More Karol sperging?

Thats all for now. There's more out there. This was a really surreal hole to crawl through.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino