Careercow Karol Madera / VE7KFM - Amateur Radio Lolcow

Superior Watermelon

Host of "Lenspiracy Theory"
kiwifarms.net
So for the non-radio spergs, how exactly do you troll people on HAM radio? All I can think of is talking over other people or playing something annoying, like an airhorn or Taylor Swift, non stop. I can't imagine the FCC slapping someone with a $22,000 fine for that, though.If someone was interfering with your channel, couldn't you just all move to another?
Also, how does one get a license, and what does one have to do to lose it?
You usually have to take an exam or classes depending on the licence class you want. As for trolling on HAM radios it's pretty much like fucking with people in an IRC, over Skype or over the phone. People usually pretend to be horny girls looking for some hot HAM action and whatnot. It's nothing special, usually you get a lot of weirdos though.

Twilight Sparkle

[uncontrollable autistic noises]
kiwifarms.net
Hoo boy, what a train wreck! And finally, we are getting to the radio show host cows
a little off topic, but from what I've seen there are lots. Just watch jocktober on OnA (I know they ended the thing but the existing episodes are on YouTube) so many of them make obviously fake crank calls and contests that are rigged, aswell as them all copying eachother while gossiping about the guests on radio when they leave the room. I think those cows could make a good thread

Reactions: Uncle Buck

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there a way people who don't know dick about Ham radios can listen to this insanity live?
I have family members who are huge ham radio nuts and I grew up around it. Short of buying a rig and stringing your own antenna, the easiest way to get involved would be to befriend some amateur radio operators and see if they'll let you listen in. If you're really interested, look for ham conventions in your local area. They're typically called "hamfests" and are often advertised on social media or the local paper. There are also field days, or contests where a bunch of hams get together and try to make as many contacts as possible within a certain time limit. That would also be a good opportunity to find out more.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
So for the non-radio spergs, how exactly do you troll people on HAM radio? All I can think of is talking over other people or playing something annoying, like an airhorn or Taylor Swift, non stop. I can't imagine the FCC slapping someone with a $22,000 fine for that, though.If someone was interfering with your channel, couldn't you just all move to another?
Great questions.

The sort of trolling/griefing that is common with amateur radio, particularly on 14.313, involves people talking over other people, interrupting their conversations (with their own, with recordings, music, sound effects, etc.), as well as broadcasting digital "noise" (the audio sound of transmissions involving digital communications transmitted over the amateur bands, but coded/decoded by computers on each end of the transmission) over people's conversations.

As for FCC fines, they can seem outrageous, but is it not equally (if not more) outrageous that radio stations hosting Howard Stern used to get fined into the 6 figures and beyond for a single instance of the f-word, or for a description of certain sexual acts? FCC rules say, effectively, "don't do that". If you do it, continually, over parts of two decades, you get fined. That's what happened in this situation. K3VR Brian Crow, who imagines himself a deputized FCC enforcer, brazenly and publicly stated that he wasn't going to follow FCC rules where it concerned VE7KFM and people he communicated with him. He led people to believe that he was in good with the FCC and that they had his back, and that others could/should follow his example, and that the FCC wouldn't punish them. Well, years and literally hundreds of complaints to the FCC later, here's your $11,500.00 fine.

Now, the US Department of Justice has to actually decide that the fine is worth going after and doing what they need to do to collect it. And while they can't force you to pay up, if you have a piece of property that the US Government can put a lien against, well... US Government liens don't go away. So one way or another, they're getting paid.

You have to take a series of tests for the various grades of amateur radio licenses, pass and pay a fee to the FCC to get a license.

What does one have to do to lose it? Other than be a convicted criminal (and even then, not necessarily) or have an unpaid FCC fine going into your renewal, which, after so long, gets you "red-lighted", i.e., they say, "Sorry, you haven't paid your fine, we're not renewing your license". They can also simply cancel your license and force you to go before an Administrative Law Judge where you have the burden of defending the actions that caused your license to be cancelled, although this is almost unheard of. It would be a better strategy for the FCC, IMO.

Is there a way people who don't know dick about Ham radios can listen to this insanity live?
http://websdr.org/ is one option.

There are also some software options such as RCFOrb and SDR-Radio.com.

Send me a private message if you'd like more info.

Although on a serious note it sucks that this asshole is fucking with people who actually just want to have fun with their hobby.
That's something of an over-simplification of the situation.

Abby

kiwifarms.net
I've been using websdr a few times this week to try and tune in on 14.313 but haven't had any luck in finding any insanity. Mostly all I ever finding is some guys 'checking in' with each other. They just call out their handle and say where they're from. I've found a number from Canada so I feel like I should be able to find Karol or his crazy friends. But, so far just check ins and a few Christian radio programs. One night I faintly heard someone shouting 'son of a bitch' while I was tuning around 14.313 but couldn't find it again. I may just be going crazy from searching through all this static. The area around 14313 usually has some resonating interference, not sure what thats about. 14.275 also has constant static.

@Uncle Buck, I'm still pretty lost on everything. What I gather is that Crow and Karol are both crazy and spew garbage on the radio waves. But, it sounds like you're saying Crow is the real crazy person? Cause Karol seems to spew some pretty bizarre stuff. It's impossible to trust either of their websites against each other since a lot of it just comes off as a word salad and is 100% biased.

It'd be nice if you could try to clear some of this up. I know thats probably a huge undertaking, as I'm lost just trying to make sense of it.

EDIT: Found a guy running a political talk show thing. Not a single racial slur. No 9/11 conspiracies. Major disappointment.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Jeeves and Bernard

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
I'm still pretty lost on everything. What I gather is that Crow and Karol are both crazy and spew garbage on the radio waves. But, it sounds like you're saying Crow is the real crazy person? Cause Karol seems to spew some pretty bizarre stuff.
I don't want to tell anyone how they should or should not feel about either of the primary players, or any of the supporting cast. Only you know how much you really know about these people and about the personality conflicts between them over parts of the last 15 years.

My perspective is only my perspective. I don't consider it gospel.

Knowing the background that I do, I'm more inclined to forgive VE7KFM's occasional bouts of poor operating, and much less inclined to give K3VR the benefit of any doubt. One of the administrators of the popular amateur radio forum QRZ is said to have said that, "K3VR is a bait-trolling bastard who gets his kicks out of pissing people off." Given what I've heard from him in the time I've followed the KFM/K3VR feud, I have no reason to disagree with that assessment. During the numerous times I've heard K3VR on air, he's never been part of a conversation where he hasn't launched a personal attack on VE7KFM, spread of some defamatory claim about him being a "terrorist", a "pedophile" or a "murderer", mocked persons he deems "mentally ill" and who he believes KFM has put up to engaging in some act against him. Of late, you never hear him where he's not defaming a certain FCC official he believes is part of a conspiracy against him, or using a particularly vulgar term for the female genitalia to poke fun at that official's last name and his Polish heritage.

I'll grant you that at times VE7KFM invokes what he refers to as "colorful Canadian language", sometimes to a degree that's beyond what's necessary and what doesn't fall within the realm of good taste. But that's par for the course on 14.313; no one operator there can rightfully refer to any other as foul-mouthed as they're all foul-mouthed. KFM has also made some inflammatory statements on things political. He seems to have a knack for getting people worked up through rhetorical and political hyperbole. Again, this is pretty standard in amateur radio. Another problem frequency is 7.200 MHz LSB, inhabited by a group of operators I refer to as the 14.313 2nd stringers as they occasionally find themselves up there, and sometimes the impact players from 14.313 will appear on 7.200. There is a guy there (WA4D) who likes to talk politics and who gets guys worked up, despite never having uttered an obscenity. He's an honorably discharged ex-member of the US Military who - like Karol - has no criminal record and is under no legitimate suspicion of any criminal act, but who is vilified as a "terrorist" because he rubs people the wrong way and disagrees with some aspects of US Foreign Policy.

It's impossible to trust either of their websites against each other since a lot of it just comes off as a word salad and is 100% biased.
Comparing the two websites is comparing apples and oranges.

Karol is, by his own admission, not great with computers and not a great typist. Frankly, his website - which at the very least he takes ownership of rather than hiding behind the name of an alleged "public interest" group - looks pretty decent for someone who is stumbling their way through the web-design process. It comes off as what it is, the website of a person who is angry that they're in a situation they've been forced into and who is trying to defend himself from some of the worst false claims you could make about a person, along with mockery of personal details about his life that have no relation whatsoever to amateur radio that have been made public simply to embarrass the guy.

By contrast, the websites accessible through domains owned by Tom Whatley N1FM and Brian Crow (his own personal blog at K3VR.com until recently acted as a republisher of VE7KFM.com's content), pretends to be "investigative journalism" by a "public interest" group that claims to stand for "responsible" free speech but was recently described by one of the 14.313 goon squad as having been conceived for "shaming". The false claims there, along with doctored audio items are too numerous to count, but I'll give you just two examples, both from the ve7kfm.html sub-page: I am, according to that site (whose editors/managers allegedly go to "painstaking" efforts to "guarantee" the accuracy of what's published there), a KFM sock-puppet. I'm not. Also, you'll notice a link to audio about a "member of Madera clan" who was recently charged with child molestation. That link was originally on the top of the front page under the heading, "Madera jailed on $500,000 bond!". Of course when you listened to the audio, you only heard the name "Madera", and never Karol's first name - or a location. That's because those items were edited out of the audio that was taken from this news report:

http://www.wlwt.com/news/cincinnati-man-accused-of-raping-child-last-year/31912024

...about Maximo Madera, a resident of Cincinnati, OH, no relation to VE7KFM.

It'd be nice if you could try to clear some of this up. I know thats probably a huge undertaking...
I'd be glad to give you a perspective, but keep in mind that it's only my perspective. I'd like to think it's a perspective that comes from accurate knowledge of the facts as I know them, but there's certainly more to it than any single person knows.

Late in 2001, Karol is speaking Polish with his friends on 14.273 (as he's been doing for a couple of years by that time), and starts getting harassed by rulebreaking amateurs who have a history of harassing non-English speakers (KZ8O in particular). The FCC is not doing anything substantive about the rulebreakers. Unbeknownst to Karol, one of his harassersis also part of the ridiculous feud between K3VR and Glenn Baxter K1MAN a few clicks up on 14.275. Karol writes a few paragraphs that he posted on EHam back in 2003 called The Life of Riley (in reference to FCC official Riley Hollingsworth, the person tasked with overseeing the enforcement of rules governing FCC-licensed operators).

[Take note, The Life of Riley that you can read here: http://members.shaw.ca/ve7kfm/riley.html

...is not the original version. It was written/published in 2007 for posting on KFM's website. Originally, Brian Crow K3VR wasn't mentioned as Karol didn't even know who he was at the time, and their personality conflict didn't really start until late 2004.]

The Life of Riley is highly critical of Mr. Hollingsworth's job performance, particularly where it concerns the harassment of non-English speakers by KZ8O (who by this time has already been "warned" by the FCC for the same activity elsewhere on the bands) et al. He makes the mistake of mentioning Glenn Baxter and his problems with the FCC, which is considered a "defense" of Baxter who K3VR ridiculously considers a mortal enemy. Sometime in 2004, Brian Crow starts mentioning VE7KFM, referring to him as Baxter's "co-host", despite the fact that VE7KFM never endorsed Glenn Baxter. KFM has, in fact, frequently referred to Baxter as "no friend of mine", primarily because the two of them had their own conflict over Baxter's supposed "ownership" of 14.275 and the proximity of the Polish-speakers on 14.273 and their alleged interference with "his" frequency. Despite this, KFM is continually accused of being in league with Baxter and his "terrorist" organization, and more attention is called to Karol's criticisms of US Foreign Policy.

All of this happened without KFM ever mentioning K3VR or having any sort of conversation with him. Later K3VR would accuse KFM of defaming him and his family starting in 2002 as a justification for his personal attacks against KFM, but KFM didn't even know who K3VR was until 2003 and didn't actually have a personality conflict with him until 04/05.

It's now 2005, and up until this point everything that's gone on has been pretty much confined to the HF bands and a few obscure Usenet groups. It was then that VR really starts to take shots at KFM, especially on the Internet. What specifically caused the whole situation to go from a relatively minor war of words to the creation of VE7KFM.com with its false allegations of pedophilia and murder I really don't know. I suspect it had something to do with Glenn Baxter getting fined by the FCC about that time and dropping out sight for a time. The attacks on KFM get ever more personal. He's got people driving by his house taking pictures that wind up online, he has members of his family being ridiculed on air (even though they're not amateurs), pictures of his family members are being posted on that website, phony Emails allegedly from some of these family members are being posted, Emails from now deceased amateurs are being posted ridiculing KFM, comments about his past that have nothing to do with amateur radio are being bantered about and the man is being accused of the murder of the daughter of a former business associate.

Oh, and numerous complaints are being made to his local police as well as a US and Canadian federal law enforcement agencies. Not that anything comes of them, but still.

Might you not have some "bizarre" comments in response to all of that?

You might occasionally invoke some colorful (read, vulgar) language yourself. You might also find yourself making an inflammatory comment or two yourself. You'd also probably feel that this sort of "shaming" treatment (again, that's the justification coming directly from someone on-air who is a cornerstone player) was far out of proportion to your actual wrongdoing, to the degree occasionally using foul language that even your critics use and making an inflammatory comment constitutes a "wrong" deserving of being falsely accused of the murder of the daughter of a close associate.

Obviously there is a lot more to it, but I think I've accurately summed up the background.

Jeeves

kiwifarms.net
Corrections about VE7KFM.com

1) Brian Crow K3VR doesn't own or manage the site or whatever.
2) It was created about 10 years ago as a parody or satire of the site in Canada, at Shaw.
3) If you read carefully, you'll see it's an imitation of the Shaw site, poking fun at the autistic op in Canada.
4) Uncle Buck is a Karol Madera, VE7KFM sock puppet!
5) Check out comments in this thread where Autistic Uncle Buck/Karol Madera has his ass handed to him, repeatedly.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0002/ham-operator-gets-22000-fine-for-hogging-frequency/271421

Cheers!

Jeeves

kiwifarms.net
VE7KFM: "Colourful Canadian language, as is my right in my Ca-na-da, when gratuitously attacked"

Supremely AUTISTIC, or what??‽!!

Corrections about VE7KFM.com

2) It was created about 10 years ago as a parody or satire of the site in Canada, at Shaw.
3) If you read carefully, you'll see it's an imitation of the Shaw site, poking fun at the autistic op in Canada.
4) Uncle Buck is a Karol Madera, VE7KFM sock puppet!
5) Check out comments in this thread where Autistic Uncle Buck/Karol Madera has his ass handed to him, repeatedly.

http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0002/ham-operator-gets-22000-fine-for-hogging-frequency/271421

Cheers!

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
Corrections about the post by, "Jeeves", whomever that might be:

Right. And it's just an amazing coincidence that the layout and coding of that site is exactly the same as the blog at K3vR.com - that before K3VR.com was set up to mirror the content of VE7KFM.com exactly.

It was created about 10 years ago as a parody or satire of the site in Canada, at Shaw.
VE7KFM.com, as well as the website that preceded it (originally published as a carbon-copy of K3VR's original blog and set up as platform for shaming/defaming K1MAN) predates VE7KFM's Shaw Website.

3) If you read carefully, you'll see it's a site meant to shame, defame and cyber-bully the op in Canada.
Fixed it for you.

Uncle Buck is a Karol Madera, VE7KFM sock puppet!
The individual using the pseudonym, "Uncle Buck" is not VE7KFM.

Check out comments in this thread where Autistic Uncle Buck/Karol Madera has his ass handed to him, repeatedly.

Repeatedly posting homophobic slurs and false allegations does not constitute handing someone their ass.

If one looks into that mess of a comment section in depth, they'll repeatedly see Uncle Buck asking pointed, pertinent questions (that the myriad sock-puppets in K3VR's service have no answer for), as well as detailing a largely accurate history of the problems on 14.313 MHz (as well as 14.275 and 14.273 before them, and related problems on 7.200 and 3.843).

Jeeves

kiwifarms.net
Oh my. The autistic sock puppet Uncle Buck / Karol Madera rears his ugly head to repeat more autistic drivel.

Good show old man. Please continue!

:lol:

myriad sock-puppets in K3VR's service have no answer for
detailing a largely accurate history of the problems on 14.313 MHz (as well as 14.275 and 14.273 before them, and related problems on 7.200 and 3.843).

Jeeves

kiwifarms.net
First Lolcow posting, this one not on any of the forums or social media platforms that people trawl here (I think), so he should be a completely new character to people here.

VE7KFM (Name is Karol Madera) is a Canadian HAM radio operator frequenting the frequency of 14.313Mhz. His on-air rants are (in)famous amongst many American and Canadian operators, but due to the frequency he uses (20m band) people all around the world get to hear everything he has to say. On amateur radio, we do not broadcast to listeners, like a normal FM radio station would, such is against the terms of our licence and doing so can incur a hefty fine. Instead we have conversations with other people, but this distinction is not apparent to VE7KFM. He broadcasts "Radio Canada" from his somewhat dilapidated house, filled with various profanities and insults, with references to his scat fetish and paedophilia, going so far as to talk about an 11 year living near house. He frequently ends up in profanity filled arguments with the other inhabitants of 14.313Mhz, breaking numerous licence conditions in the process. I'd be more specific, but I can't bring myself to wade through the websites. He also has something of a feud with another operator, K3VR, and each operator has an equally disturbing website about the other. I'll list the websites below. There's an entire group on 14.313Mhz, but Karol is the most well known. I'm an amateur radio operator myself, so I'm happy to help out with any amateur radio specific terminology or idiosyncrasies within our community.
Thanks for reading.

Not sure who runs this website, it appears to be a website about the various other infamous operators on 14.313Mhz. I suspect this is K3VRs

VE7KFMs very own website. Hosted by his ISP

A Youtube video of VE7KFMs broadcasts.
It's not K3VRs website and K3VR is actually a victim of the autistic Canadian, but the rest is accurate. Well done old man!

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino