Careercow Karol Madera / VE7KFM - Amateur Radio Lolcow

gorky

Untimely Thoughts
kiwifarms.net
This thread must have the highest sockpuppet:kiwi ratio of any on the farms

Miles Prower

kiwifarms.net
Someone made a thread on this guy on a board elsewhere.
upload_2016-10-23_19-22-44.png

upload_2016-10-23_19-24-3.png

upload_2016-10-23_19-24-39.png

upload_2016-10-23_19-25-44.png

upload_2016-10-23_19-26-8.png

upload_2016-10-23_19-27-26.png

upload_2016-10-23_19-28-12.png

upload_2016-10-23_19-30-24.png

Interesting links posted on this guy here though.

From buzzboard:

Perhaps VE7KFM needs to be more mindful of the behavior of those with his last name than randos on a ham radio line. Pedophilia is more serious than him getting BTFO by men more intelligent than him.

http://ve7kfm.net/Madera_Arraignment.mp3

The apple may not fall far from the tree if this audio (about an 11 year old girl) is anything to believe... (10 minutes, 10 seconds)

"I don't care how old she is if she has big tits..."

http://ve7kfm.net/pervert.mp3

http://ve7kfm.net/kidsex.mp3

But then, by the sounds of it, VE7KFM needs to police his own behavior. Here he is threatening to literally assrape the American ambassador to Canada.

http://ve7kfm.net/VE7KFMThreatsAgainstAmericanAmbassador.mp3

Maybe VE7KFM needs to spend less time speaking about his own bowel movements and trolling on the ham if he wants to be half the man of Brian, Mike or Rod.

http://ve7kfm.net/stool-report.mp3

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
They (Brian Crow K3VR and his associates known, colloquially, as the "Bully Gang") are, in fact, still at it. It's actually been ramping up over the past year on 7.200MHz. The only thing missing is VE7KFM, who does not operate anywhere on the 40 meter amateur radio band. You wouldn't know that, though, with the frequency with which K3VR mentions him -- each and every time he operates.

Splendid Meat Sticks

Castigat ridendo mores
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It could just be that amateur radio is pretty much dead because of the internet. Maybe he decided to post on some old man forum, Reddit or something like that instead.

TheDrivelBroadcast

Bouncing autism off the Ionosphere.
kiwifarms.net
It could just be that amateur radio is pretty much dead because of the internet.
That's not quite the case - sure, no-one in their right minds will use amateur radio as their main method of communication, but the technical skill, reasonably friendly community and cool kit provide something the internet doesn't. It would be more fair to say that amateur radio is fundamentally changing - out go the old-school SSB and CW nuts, and in come a newer breed, with Software Defined Radios and weird new modulation schemes. The availability of cheap SBC's, Micro-controllers and dedicated DSP/SDR chips has shifted the balance towards the software designers and digital logic geeks, away from the old analogue guys, some of whom still can't get over the demise of thermionic valves.

Amateur radio isn't dead, it's just having a bit of an identity crisis. Sad to hear that VE7KFM has gone Silent Key, though. *sigh*

toad_has_autism

Sperger Watchdog
kiwifarms.net
Karol has been off ham radio for quite some time. Even using the west coast web based receivers, Madera has not been on in a long time.

It's not like Karol had any real friends so if he died, I doubt if an obituary would be published. Along with the fact that if an obituary would be published, it would get trashed like AB8MQ Roger Wiseman's and KZ8O's Michael Guernsey obituary did.

• Disagree
Reactions: Uncle Buck

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
to hear that VE7KFM has gone Silent Key, though. *sigh*
VE7KFM is not dead. He simply doesn't have a great web-presence [he never has] and propagation on 20 meters has not only been terrible, but the majority of the 14.313 troublemakers have either seriously scaled-back their involvement in the amateur radio hobby or gone down to the troubled frequencies of 40 [7.200 MHz] and 75 [3.850, 3.860, 3.840 on the west coast], and since most of them are poor operators in every sense of the world, they're even having trouble working those bands in current conditions.

Since KFM doesn't operate anywhere other than 20, you haven't heard much of him.

Interestingly, despite being reviled as solely responsible for, "all" the problems on 14.313 [and, before that, 14.275 and 14.273], the same sort of problems exist - and have even gotten worse - on all the frequencies the same cast of character-lacking characters moved to without him.

• Informative
Reactions: Redd and Scribbler

Goofy Logic

Is this thing working right?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
...propagation on 20 meters has not only been terrible...
Would all the smoke from the fires cause that, or is it strictly EM from the sun?

Also, what kind of power consumption does a HF station see?

toad_has_autism

Sperger Watchdog
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't hate VE7KFM that much. Sure, he's a bullshitter of the highest degree who just makes shit up all the time. He's probably autistic also for an old man but not on the level of a N9OGL PedoToad autistic.

In fact, I find VE7KFM to be quite funny at times, especially his accent. Especially when he's talking about Brian "Mother Fucker" Crow.

• TMI
Reactions: Uncle Buck

Mad Vlad

kiwifarms.net
VE7KFM is not dead. He simply doesn't have a great web-presence [he never has] and propagation on 20 meters has not only been terrible, but the majority of the 14.313 troublemakers have either seriously scaled-back their involvement in the amateur radio hobby or gone down to the troubled frequencies of 40 [7.200 MHz] and 75 [3.850, 3.860, 3.840 on the west coast], and since most of them are poor operators in every sense of the world, they're even having trouble working those bands in current conditions.

Since KFM doesn't operate anywhere other than 20, you haven't heard much of him.

Interestingly, despite being reviled as solely responsible for, "all" the problems on 14.313 [and, before that, 14.275 and 14.273], the same sort of problems exist - and have even gotten worse - on all the frequencies the same cast of character-lacking characters moved to without him.
I haven't heard him talking to George N9VTB lately. Maybe George got pissed at him, too.

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
Would all the smoke from the fires cause that, or is it strictly EM from the sun?

Also, what kind of power consumption does a HF station see?
Good questions... Not easily answered, but good... Here are my thoughts:

While it's fair to say that solar radiation is probably the biggest factor in atmospheric ionization, it's not the only factor. While pollution given off by wildfires is a huge matter locally, I wouldn't say it's a huge factor in the significantly larger process of ionization. It could be a bigger factor in a Terminator-Judgment Day type scenario, but not on a relative small scale like even a massive CA forest/wildfire.

Power consumption by amateur radio equipment on HF, like skywave propagation, is dependent on a bunch of different factors, but the biggest is going to be how much of a signal the station is attempting to put out. I say attempting because you can have two of the exact same transceivers and two of the exact same amplifiers running the same amount of power, but get two very different results based on other considerations. And while there are differences in kw/hour use of every type of device, in general one transceiver operating at 100 watts and every amplifier running at 1,500 watts should consume about the same amount of juice, but not necessarily so.

Assuming the station's antenna system is an efficient one, with low to moderately-low losses of input power and an ideal location, say in a not-so-crowded RF environment, and the operator is running, "full legal limit", i.e., 1,500 watts, the power use can be considerable - we're talking an electric bill of, perhaps, several hundred dollars per month, if not more, if you're a regular user. Of course, for the money, you're probably going to put out a signal that can be heard. Of course, because he's got a good antenna system, he or she can scale back the power - maybe to 750 watts output, or even 500 - and still be heard relatively well.

Conversely, if your antenna system is lossy and inefficient, you can consume the same amount of power, but put out a garbage signal that still isn't heard well and, maybe, distorts your audio, and you're still going to get stepped on by the guy running 500 watts through a better antenna system. Unfortunately many amateurs think the best solution in that situation is to mod an amplifier to run more than legal limit rather than improve the antenna system. The more watts you put out, the larger your electric bill, but you're not necessarily getting a better result.

In short, if you want to run significant power on HF, you are going to spend more than you're probably currently spending.

toad_has_autism said:
I honestly don't hate VE7KFM that much. Sure, he's a bullshitter of the highest degree who just makes shit up all the time.
He's accused of making thinks up, yes.

More often than not it's his detractors who are really the bullshit artists.

Case in point, you've undoubtedly heard him refer to his military service; it is a confirmed fact that he served in the Canadian Forces, and that he retired with the rank of Captain.

It is not true that he was the Captain of a ship in the Canadian Navy.

Of more importance, he himself never claimed to be a Captain of a ship in the Canadian Navy. That claim was entirely made up by his detractors.

From my monitoring of him , he's never made a claim about his military service that's even close to being unbelievable. Conversely, one need only follow some of the links posted in this thread, particularly in the first post, to comments of his detractors which are almost as outrageous as the false claims made by his detractors about his military service.

I could obviously point out other operators who like to tell what I believe to be tall tales about their service; some claim to have survived being shot down out of helicopters [or, depending on what version of the story you've heard, performed HALO jumps] and suffering the sort of injuries that would, at the very least, end their military careers but somehow still being able to, among other things, fight off as many as 100 enemy combatants by themselves.

FWIW, I would call that spreading bullshit. You may or may not agree.

Mad Vlad

kiwifarms.net
He's accused of making thinks up, yes.

More often than not it's his detractors who are really the bullshit artists.

Case in point, you've undoubtedly heard him refer to his military service; it is a confirmed fact that he served in the Canadian Forces, and that he retired with the rank of Captain.

It is not true that he was the Captain of a ship in the Canadian Navy.

Of more importance, he himself never claimed to be a Captain of a ship in the Canadian Navy. That claim was entirely made up by his detractors.

From my monitoring of him , he's never made a claim about his military service that's even close to being unbelievable. Conversely, one need only follow some of the links posted in this thread, particularly in the first post, to comments of his detractors which are almost as outrageous as the false claims made by his detractors about his military service.
On that interview Karol had with the Toad, Karol claims he was training to become an aircraft carrier pilot. Since the last carrier landing on the HMCS Bonaventure took place before he graduated RRMC, I call bullshit on that.

Some of Karol's sycophants, in defense of their drunk hero, change the story to Karol being a captain (A lower rank) and a help pilot in the Canadian ARMY.

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
On that interview Karol had with the Toad, Karol claims he was training to become an aircraft carrier pilot. Since the last carrier landing on the HMCS Bonaventure took place before he graduated RRMC, I call bullshit on that.
You can call it whatever you like. That you call it such doesn't make it such.

In point of fact, the Unification of the Canadian Forces occurred in 1968, after which Naval Air Operations/Naval Aviation were controlled by the Canadian Forces, not the Canadian Navy.

KFM's actual claim was that he was selected for training to pilot rescue helicopters, not that he actually was, "in training". Had he actually trained, this would have occurred during either 1968 [subsequent to Unification, which put Naval Aviation and Air Operators under the jurisdiction of the Canadian Forces] and/or 1969, prior to the decision to remove the HMCS Bonaventure from service.

When exactly that decision was made is unknown. Obviously it was made after the 1967 completion of that ship's "mid-life" refit. Flight operations continued from that vessel until October of 1969, so the most likely scenario is that the decision was made earlier that year, or maybe even in late 1968 after KFM had been selected for training.

For what it's worth, this reference suggests that the decision to retire the ship was made subsequent to, "the defence review of 1969":

https://dspace.library.uvic.ca/bitstream/handle/1828/1031/Gordon MA Thesis.pdf

Mad Vlad said:
Some of Karol's sycophants, in defense of their drunk hero, change the story to Karol being a captain (A lower rank) and a help pilot in the Canadian ARMY.
Karol is not, nor has he ever suggested that he is, a hero.

I don't know what unnamed, "sycophants" you're referring to, but while I consider KFM a friend, I do not consider him a hero, nor do I consider him to be above criticism where warranted.

That said, "the story" has never required changing from KFM's perspective, because KFM never was, and never claimed to be the Captain of a ship in the Canadian Navy.

The only reason any defense of him is necessary on that point because his detractors, principally K3VR, have deliberately lied about him in retaliation for his alleged, "friendship" with ex-K1MAN, with whom he wasn't even truly a friend in any real sense of the word, and for standing up against the bullying of the most cited person to ever hold an amateur radio license ex-KZ8O who spent several years terrorizing non-English-speaking amateurs from 14.270-14.279.

Last edited:

Mad Vlad

kiwifarms.net
You can call it whatever you like. That you call it such doesn't make it such.

In point of fact, the Unification of the Canadian Forces occurred in 1968, after which Naval Air Operations/Naval Aviation were controlled by the Canadian Forces, not the Canadian Navy.

KFM's actual claim was that he was selected for training to pilot rescue helicopters, not that he actually was, "in training". Had he actually trained, this would have occurred during either 1968 [subsequent to Unification, which put Naval Aviation and Air Operators under the jurisdiction of the Canadian Forces] and/or 1969, prior to the decision to remove the HMCS Bonaventure from service.

When exactly that decision was made is unknown. Obviously it was made after the 1967 completion of that ship's "mid-life" refit. Flight operations continued from that vessel until October of 1969, so the most likely scenario is that the decision was made earlier that year, or maybe even in late 1968 after KFM had been selected for training.

For what it's worth, this reference suggests that the decision to retire the ship was made subsequent to, "the defence review of 1969":

https://dspace.library.uvic.ca/bitstream/handle/1828/1031/Gordon MA Thesis.pdf

Karol is not, nor has he ever suggested that he is, a hero.

I don't know what unnamed, "sycophants" you're referring to, but while I consider KFM a friend, I do not consider him a hero, nor do I consider him to be above criticism where warranted.

That said, "the story" has never required changing from KFM's perspective, because KFM never was, and never claimed to be the Captain of a ship in the Canadian Navy.

The only reason any defense of him is necessary on that point because his detractors, principally K3VR, have deliberately lied about him in retaliation for his alleged, "friendship" with ex-K1MAN, with whom he wasn't even truly a friend in any real sense of the word, and for standing up against the bullying of the most cited person to ever hold an amateur radio license ex-KZ8O who spent several years terrorizing non-English-speaking amateurs from 14.270-14.279.
Despite all of this "Canadian Forces" unification BS, the different services still have their own branches with their own protocol and traditions, much like the US military under DoD.

Karol never claimed command at sea, only the rank of naval captain.

Uncle Buck

Hassles the Hoff9000
kiwifarms.net
Karol never claimed command at sea, only the rank of naval captain.
Karol never claimed to be a naval Captain.

He stated that he attained Captain's rank in the Canadian Forces.

A Captain in the Canadian Forces, like in the U.S. Army, is, depending on whether they recognize 1st and 2nd Lieutenants or not, the first/second promotion a commissioned Lieutenant would receive.

He is a proven graduate of the Canadian Royal Military Academy. As I said above, he was awarded Lieutenant's rank right out of the gate. In a more than decade-long military career, being promoted to Captain - not the equivalent of naval Captain's rank, which for his branch of the service would have been a Colonel, which he also never claimed to earn - is not only entirely possible, but entirely probable.

Are you really ignorant of all of this or are you just obfuscating?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino