Celebrity Kathy Griffin - Unfunny Hypocritical Comedian, Beheaded Trump in Effigy & Blames the POTUS for Ruining her Career

Feline Darkmage

Gamer Gril Queen
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004980/

IMDB

Wikipedia
Twitter
Facebook

women should run.PNG

This controversy has been all over the internet (and television too, I presume, but I don't even watch TV that much).

Kathy Griffin is an actress and comedian who was apparently in Pulp Fiction and It's Pat according to her IMDB page.

I find that everything about her recent shitstorm is best encapsulated in this Washington Post article. Of which I will pull a few choice quotes below.

But to TL;DR this: Several venues have cancelled her performances, advertisers have pulled away from deals with her, her own friends and colleagues have condemned her, and she has been let go by CNN, and people online have left her nasty comments, so now she's blaming Donald Trump and his family for this instead of realizing and owning up to the fact that she fucked up. Which is exactly what a lolcow would do.

The image outraged Trump, his family and many, many others earlier this week. She said five employers had canceled scheduled shows since then, and she’d been fired by CNN.

“A sitting president of the United States and his grown children and the first lady are personally trying to ruin my life forever,” she said. “You guys know him, he’s not going to stop.

She said the online attacks on her in the last few days — including death threats — were a distraction mobilized by a president embattled by scandal. And she sought to frame it as the kind of “bullying” she’d received from older white men her entire career.

“I’m not good at being appropriate,” she said. “I’m only good at doing comedy one way. It’s in your face. I’m going to make fun of the president. And I’m going to do it more now.”
Although she reiterated her apology, she told reporters a person shouldn’t have to die for a joke in the United States. “The threats that I am getting are … detailed and they are specific. And today it’s me, but tomorrow it might be you.”

Still, she cried as she told the gathered reporters: “I don’t think I’ll have a career after this. I’m going to be honest, he broke me.”
The article also goes into detail about an old feud between her and former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin. And by that I mean she joked about Palin's children and drew the ire of the woman herself.

Most notably, Griffin’s ongoing feud with former Alaska governor Sarah Palin came to a head during a Fox News interview, when Palin called the comic a “bully.”

“She’s a 50-year-old adult bully, really is what she is, kind of a has-been comedian,” Palin said in 2011.

The Fox News host had asked Palin about rumors that Griffin would be playing a tea party mom, modeled after Palin, on the sitcom “Glee.” But by that point, the tiff between the two women had been brewing for some time.

As host of the VH1 Divas salute to the troops in December 2010, Griffin made fat-shaming jokes about Palin’s oldest daughter, Bristol, that drew loud boos from the crowd. Bristol Palin had competed on the reality TV show “Dancing With the Stars.”

“She’s the only contestant in the history of the show to actually gain weight,” Griffin said. To the displeased crowd, she continued: “No, come on, come on. She gained like 30 pounds a week. I swear to God, it was fantastic.”

“She’s like the white Precious,” Griffin added, referencing the movie “Precious,” about a 350-pound black woman.
In response, Palin told Fox News that Griffin’s targeting of her underage children was taking it “a little bit too far.”

“Kathy, pick on me,” Palin said. “Come up to Alaska and pick on me, but leave my kids alone.”

Griffin, of course, had a retort: “You’re going to call a comedian a bully — then what that tells me is that you have never really been bullied. As a comedian, she really is just fodder for me.”

Often, Griffin qualifies her jokes with this justification: She doesn’t really mean it. Most of the people she mocks she actually genuinely likes, Griffin has said. And in interviews, she has spoken out about bullying she endured as a child.
She's also an insecure uggo that makes herself feel better by going after other people's appearences, but when you go after hers she becomes triggered.
“I was so ugly that the other kids would just look at me and bark,” Griffin said.

She also struggled with bulimia and body image.

Griffin told O’Donnell about an appearance on Jay Leno that rattled her. She was doing a bit comparing herself to photos of other celebrities, one of which was Carmen Electra. Griffin joked that Electra often asked her for makeup advice, and Leno quipped back: “Looks more like a before and after picture.”

The comment made Griffin cry, and she said that she later told Leno after the show that she thought the dig was “below the belt” and something he wouldn’t say to a male comedian.

Her reaction could be called hypocritical given her history of mocking other people’s appearances. And after the Trump stunt this week and her news conference announcement about being bullied by the Trumps, the comparisons have continued.
Her recent antics have also been discussed in an A & H thread here on the Farms, but after I read about the rest of her past I realized it'd be good to have a full-fledged thread discussing her as a lolcow.

LordofTendons

Don't pull it FFS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kathy first decided to go after Barron Trump in December, because it takes real neuticles to go after a 10 year old.

"You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I’ll go direct for Barron. I’m going to get in ahead of the game.”

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/kathy-griffin-comedy-should-go-hard-on-trump.html
http://archive.md/dOKn7

Kathy Griffin Thinks Comedy Should Go All Out on ‘President Piece of Shit’ Donald Trump
By Shira Levine
December 9, 2016 11:22 am

It’s a question a lot of comedians are asking themselves lately: What should comedy look like during the Trump presidency? “Now more than ever we must absolutely go for all the absurdities,” Kathy Griffin told Vulture at the Equality Now Gala Tuesday night. “For me, that’s Trump and all things Trump. It’s not about trying to be an equal-opportunity offender anymore because Hillary got such a beat down. It’s his turn. So I’m happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron. You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I’ll go direct for Barron. I’m going to get in ahead of the game.”

So, of course, Griffin supported Rosie O’Donnell when she tweeted a video asking if Barron Trump, 10-year-old son of Donald and Melania, was on the autism spectrum. “After the beat down he gave her, she can say whatever she wants to say to that piece of shit,” Griffin said before correcting herself. “Oh, that’s President Piece of Shit.”

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
According to Kathy's lawyer, Gwar (which she spelt out rather than name funnily enough) didn't get any attention because they were male performers and that people are only being mean to her because she has a vagina.
I think stupidly apologizing for it also contributed to the problem. Seriously, apologizing about edgelord shit you do if you're an edgelord as a career is just blood in the water and invites the sharks to go apeshit.

Imagine Andrew Dice Clay apologizing for saying something misogynistic at the height of his so-called career. Everyone would have just ripped him to shreds. You just flip them off and tell them to go fuck themselves.

LordofTendons

Don't pull it FFS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think stupidly apologizing for it also contributed to the problem. Seriously, apologizing about edgelord shit you do if you're an edgelord as a career is just blood in the water and invites the sharks to go apeshit.

Imagine Andrew Dice Clay apologizing for saying something misogynistic at the height of his so-called career. Everyone would have just ripped him to shreds. You just flip them off and tell them to go fuck themselves.
She also waited until four days after the fact to hold a press conference to "apologize" AGAIN on a Friday. It's the weekend in America. I promise we were already forgetting about her, but she decided to stir shit with the demon spawn of Gloria Allred. Now everything stinks again because she just couldn't leave it alone.

Ineedahero

kiwifarms.net
After the first apology I thought she was sincere. She looked so ugly in it and I couldn't imagine someone willingly going on camera looking like that. And mostly I didn't care. Kathy Griffin is a nobody, I care what she's doing as much as I care what Roseanne Barr is doing.

Since then regressives have been shouting racism because there wasn't this kind of media storm or outcry from the right over Obama effigies, but that's retarded. The truth is there have been effigies of every president, we just didn't have a 24 hour news cycle trying to fill time. And the right wingers didn't care about Obama effigies for the same reason left wingers didn't care about the GWB effigies - partisanship. So I wanted to believe it was sincere.

After that press conference though, it's obvious she is an utter lolcow trying to wring whatever she can out of her moment in the spotlight.

Smiling Honeybadger

Still not giving a fuck.
kiwifarms.net
The funniest part in this is that she is one of these "comedians" who happily lashes out at other people, but cries like a little pussy, when she in turn gets hit. What did she expect?! Of course there will be lots of flag, when she makes a photo of her holding up a prop that looks like the bloody head of Donald Trump!

I had to google her, because I didn't know she exists. And ah well, she had a cameo in Pulp Fiction. And played in one episode of X-files during the season I never watched, because by then X-files just sucked.

MistressCaridad

Got my "PoC Card" Revoked
kiwifarms.net
The funniest part in this is that she is one of these "comedians" who happily lashes out at other people, but cries like a little pussy, when she in turn gets hit. What did she expect?!
Bitch has always been like this. She goes for what she perceives as easy targets, trying to be edgy and shocking. Which, whatever, but she's not even funny, just desperate for attention.

MunsterCheese

The Good Scout
kiwifarms.net
Well... GWAR has never claimed to be anything but shock and gore for shock and gore's sake... I think if you put your name on a song called "fishfuck" you get a bit of a free pass...
Plus I don't think they're white men... they're clearly aliens.
Different audiences. Shock heavy metal vs. family friendly sitcoms on broadcast TV plus veteran clubs plus Disney New Year's Eve.