Growing Around Kathy's Impossible Box -

Piga Dgrifm

Where are those good old fashioned values?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Jumpin Jenkins

Needs About Tree Fiddy
kiwifarms.net
Enter pumps out yet another pile of blandness: http://mrenter.deviantart.com/art/Growing-Around-Episodes-Kathy-s-Impossible-Box-524620848

Shouldn't they be focussed on the series bible and pilot? Not all of these episodes that I doubt are ever going to see the light of day.

Looks like Kathy is Enter's Fluttershy clone, because whenever a brony tries to write something, there HAS to be a Fluttershy clone.
How else would he have any characters? Make them up himself? What do you think he is, a creative person?

Chubby_Penguin

Pumpguin
kiwifarms.net
Robert: There! I’ve opened your box!

Kathy: Oh hey! You did it! Congratulations! You can keep the box though. Think of it as a reminder.

Robert: Reminder of what!?

[Kathy plays a tape recorder]

Recorder! Robert: I’m sorry Ms. Kathy. I can’t open it. It’s impossible to open without the key.

Robert: Okay… I was wrong.

Kathy: It’s more than that Robert. You said it was impossible!
Robert: It's a fucking figure of speech.

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Kathy: So no one steals it. There are Pluto Pies in here. That’s some seriously valuable stuff! So, are you going to help me or not?
Is "Pluto Pies" a kids slang for Meth?

Robert: Sorry Ms. Kathy, I can’t open it. It’s impossible to open without its key.

Kathy: Wait, what did you say Robert!?

Robert: Uh… opening the box is impossible without its key

Kathy: That’s it, Mister. You’ve just earned yourself homework.
Kathy fails both as a teacher and as a kid

Timmy: Dangerous, borderline illegal chemicals!
Great dialogue Enter!
If you take this out of contest, it sounds like they are doing drugs, again

Linda: The melting point of iron is 2800 degrees Fahrenheit. The oven only goes up to 450 degrees.
How the fuck does she know that if nobody gets proper education?

Kathy: Once upon a time airplanes seemed like they were impossible! Once upon a time computers seemed like they were impossible! And TV and video games! And everything else.
Again, how the fuck they are possible in a world where nobody studies shit?

Overall, the premise of the show was invisible in this episode, make Kathy Robert's boss or something, and it's just a normal family being stupid
The resolution was stupid, really, kicking the box is one of the first things someone would try.
And the moral is just...weird, I don't know exactly why I didn't liked it though

Last edited:

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
@Someone: Is a Pluto Pie like a Moon Pie?

The problem with the kids' dialogue in this show is that it's suited for adults. Now, if this had been like the original short he ripped it off from, where the kids acted like adults, it'd work.

But it does not. It just does not.
Most likely
But the way Enter talks about it, it's just weird

The original short works on a lot of areas where GA fails
like, explaining how the universe works,
and the adults being adults in the body of kids and vice versa

but Enter tought that was "uncreative"

Ferls

Not Farael
kiwifarms.net
Robert: Uh… why did you lock up your lunch?

Kathy: So no one steals it. There are Pluto Pies in here. That’s some seriously valuable stuff! So, are you going to help me or not?

Robert: Uh… yeah, sure.
This sounds like just another thing Enter would have made a big deal about if someone else did it. I read this line and I could practically hear him in my head shouting "WHY".
Or maybe not. I don't know. Enter's opinions are so inconsistent and he never actually cares about reasons or intentions, so I can't even tell what's up to snuff for him anymore.

Robert: [Struggling] I know. But what do you want me to do, fail the assignment?

Linda: Well if you can’t open the box all attempting to open it would do is waste your time. I just don’t understand why Ms. Kathy would give you an impossible assignment?
This is one of those few times where I can see the premise able to work, but he just doesn't make it work. It's supposed to deal with the kinds of issues kids have and complain about and the things they want, right? Kids complain about "impossible homework" in frustration all the time, even if it's just difficult but takes some work. But Linda isn't frustrated. The conflict doesn't even matter to her. We're seeing her watch Robert do something. There's nothing interesting about this entire exchange.
Also, that line by Linda is obviously something Enter didn't read aloud before putting the script up.

Someone

Stop gendering genitals!
kiwifarms.net
Also, I tought Linda was the one who sucked at school.
Is Enter not able to keep characterization, or the characters are just too fucking similar?

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
This whole episode plays off like someone decided to take something one the Magic School Bus writers would have thought of and tossed out. Then thought it was a good idea to make it into his own thing. On top of that, Enter can't keep the mythologies of his universe and characters in check. And that's before you get into how stiff and poorly spell-checked the writing itself is.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
This whole episode plays off like someone decided to take something one the Magic School Bus writers would have thought of and tossed out. Then thought it was a good idea to make it into his own thing. On top of that, Enter can't keep the mythologies of his universe and characters in check. And that's before you get into how stiff and poorly spell-checked the writing itself is.
Just one more thing I'm never reading - but thanks for being so damn informative about just how much this sucks, guys. You're the best!

...Or maybe I should just swallow my pride and see jut how awful this is so I can judge better. Either way, I knew things weren't getting any better with this crap.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Just one more thing I'm never reading - but thanks for being so damn informative about just how much this sucks, guys. You're the best!

...Or maybe I should just swallow my pride and see jut how awful this is so I can judge better. Either way, I knew things weren't getting any better with this crap.
It's up to the point whee Enter should just drop all pretenses and just write the characters as idiots.

Wait a minute.

Segue

kiwifarms.net
Most likely
But the way Enter talks about it, it's just weird

The original short works on a lot of areas where GA fails
like, explaining how the universe works,
and the adults being adults in the body of kids and vice versa

but Enter tought that was "uncreative"
To be fair, there really was no point in having the adults be the kids and vice versa in the original short anyway. You could have had everything be normal and there would be little difference. Enter tries to correct that with GA, but his lack of thought into everything and bland ideas just make it bad. I'm sure GA would be salvageable if there was a completely different director who was actually creative.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino