Culture Katy Perry accused of exposing 'Teenage Dream' model's penis at party -

would you let katy perry dingle your dangle

• Total voters

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
It's interesting what results a brief Google shows looking up this story. Firstly, headlines seem pretty evenly divided between 'sexual misconduct' and 'sexual assault'. Far as I can tell from his statements, Kloss doesn't claim it was either of those things, just more of a dick move (pun, sadly, intended) that was part of the whole experience of being used and controlled by being part of the Katy Perry machine, though he does use the word 'assaulting' to describe the experience, and that it felt akin to prostitution.

Also, Buzzfeed has an article about it that focuses on how her friends say it never happened, which is not something they would ever be allowed to run about a woman's accusations against a man, especially given the same level of evidence.

How the story is reported is more interesting to me than the story itself. Funnily enough, part of whether I believe him depends on whether the photos of him with dyed blond hair are current, because it's the kind of hair that, especially on a man and at the age he is that is a pretty good indicator of mental distress. And if he's currently going through shit, I'd be more inclined to believe he had a case of the fuckits at least when it comes to saying 'working with Katy Perry was a terrible experience'. Because it feels plausible to me that he'd spill inconvenient truths that probably won't help him in the long term when he's not in the healthiest place mentally.

I seriously doubt he thought that a post on his Instagram would become international headlines. He's about to get sucked back into the Katy Perry machine for at least a couple of news cycles, which sounds like exactly what he doesn't want, and so posting it was the sort of stupid move that makes me believe it more. But I also think it's not that big a deal, and doesn't really reach sexual misconduct, let alone the more salacious sexual assault half these rags are going with.

Also, I didn't see anything about his personal life, so I don't know where people are getting that he's gay now. Where'd it say that? I could have easily missed it.

It's interesting what results a brief Google shows looking up this story. Firstly, headlines seem pretty evenly divided between 'sexual misconduct' and 'sexual assault'. Far as I can tell from his statements, Kloss doesn't claim it was either of those things, just more of a dick move (pun, sadly, intended) that was part of the whole experience of being used and controlled by being part of the Katy Perry machine, though he does use the word 'assaulting' to describe the experience, and that it felt akin to prostitution.

Also, Buzzfeed has an article about it that focuses on how her friends say it never happened, which is not something they would ever be allowed to run about a woman's accusations against a man, especially given the same level of evidence.

How the story is reported is more interesting to me than the story itself. Funnily enough, part of whether I believe him depends on whether the photos of him with dyed blond hair are current, because it's the kind of hair that, especially on a man and at the age he is that is a pretty good indicator of mental distress. And if he's currently going through shit, I'd be more inclined to believe he had a case of the fuckits at least when it comes to saying 'working with Katy Perry was a terrible experience'. Because it feels plausible to me that he'd spill inconvenient truths that probably won't help him in the long term when he's not in the healthiest place mentally.

I seriously doubt he thought that a post on his Instagram would become international headlines. He's about to get sucked back into the Katy Perry machine for at least a couple of news cycles, which sounds like exactly what he doesn't want, and so posting it was the sort of stupid move that makes me believe it more. But I also think it's not that big a deal, and doesn't really reach sexual misconduct, let alone the more salacious sexual assault half these rags are going with.

Also, I didn't see anything about his personal life, so I don't know where people are getting that he's gay now. Where'd it say that? I could have easily missed it.
Pulling someone's dick out definitely reaches sexual misconduct. I mean it meets a very bare definition of assault but it's certainly not rape, which is what "Sexual assault" usually means.

pwnest injun

Management of Savagery
kiwifarms.net
Why shouldn't the rules go both ways.
Equal application of the law has its upsides and it's downsides. Factually though, it isn't applied equally. Judgement is often based on factors such as the likelihood of a perpetrator committing the offense again (hence why first-timers get a break) or, as would be the case in this situation, the likelihood that the perpetrator will go on to commit an even greater offense if left unpunished. Since Katy is very unlikely to graduate from these minor forms of sexual assault to something like rape, there's less concern over a groping or a pantsing. It's still bad behavior, and if she hadn't stopped doing it, she should be made to stop, but it's not going to lead to tragedy.

A true double standard would be something like how white-collar criminals are hardly ever punished in relation to the size of the crime they commit, nor with regard to how likely they are to try again. A burglar is likely to receive a longer sentence than someone who bankrupted multiple families in a financial scam. The physical violation of the burglar is worth considering, as well as the potential for violence inherent in such. But the scope of white collar crime is far greater on average.

Last edited:
Equal application of the law has its upsides and it's downsides. Factually though, it isn't applied equally. Judgement is often based on factors such as the likelihood of a perpetrator committing the offense again (hence why first-timers get a break) or, as would be the case in this situation, the likelihood that the perpetrator will go on to commit an even greater offense if left unpunished. Since Katy is very unlikely to graduate from these minor forms of sexual assault to something like rape, there's less concern over a groping or a pantsing. It's still bad behavior, and if she hadn't stopped doing it, she should be made to stop, but it's not going to lead to tragedy.

A true double standard would be something like how white-collar criminals are hardly ever punished in relation to the size of the crime they commit, nor with regard to how likely they are to try again. A burglar is likely to receive a longer sentence than someone who bankrupted multiple families in a financial scam. The physical violation of the burglar is worth considering, as well as the potential for violence inherent in such. But the scope of white collar crime is far greater on average.
Well you're welcome to your own private definition of "double standards" just don't expect other people to use it instead of the more commonly accepted one.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino