Law Kavanaugh sides with liberal justices against Apple, deals blow to tech giant in App Store challenge - Supreme Court says Apple customers can sue over App Store monopoly claims

Super Color Up

Professional Sonic Autist
kiwifarms.net
Boy, it's almost like Justice Kavanaugh was a reasonable, seasoned, right-of-center Judge who doesn't believe in hardline party-dogma stances, just like we all said he was, isn't it?
It's almost like we all make mistakes, especially at younger ages, and especially when you're a fratboy in college. Wow, devils triangle, let's lock him up, et al.

Seriously though, screw Apple. Monopolizing apps and forcing them to adhere to your garden wall policies or face extermination is just so fucked. Who thought being so bullheaded would get you anywhere in a tech market where the only other real competitor is praised for its ease of use and accessibility and non-exorbitant prices?

Sent from my Apple Watch Nike + Series 1

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
I hope he forces them to put back the headphone jack while he’s at it.
Yeah I seriously don't get what the fuck kind of thinking prompted the removal of the 3.5mm jack connection. Bluetooth headsets/earbuds have a number of issues (audio quality, noticeable lag, occasional signal interference problems for some reason), and are generally a bad choice if you want to actually enjoy your music via your phone. Though apparently they make headphones/earbuds that can use the Lightning link.

Testaclese Maximus

as friendly as a rabbit
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The one that is real and not a strawman is worse
Life in the US would be a lot fucking simpler if both parties could reach a consensus on business. Like “you guys can make as much money as you can, you just can’t abuse your workers or your consumers” and have that be the bottom line. No government intervention unless it’s to protect workers or consumers.

TerribleIdeas™

kiwifarms.net
Yeah I seriously don't get what the fuck kind of thinking prompted the removal of the 3.5mm jack connection. Bluetooth headsets/earbuds have a number of issues (audio quality, noticeable lag, occasional signal interference problems for some reason), and are generally a bad choice if you want to actually enjoy your music via your phone. Though apparently they make headphones/earbuds that can use the Lightning link.
Emphasis added, because that's exactly why they removed the headphone jacks - to create another proprietary peripheral, ideally one that you'll have to replace with every new device.

Sprig of Parsley

kiwifarms.net
Emphasis added, because that's exactly why they removed the headphone jacks - to create another proprietary peripheral, ideally one that you'll have to replace with every new device.
I figured that was probably the case. Heavens forfend someone be able to use their nice old JBL sport earbuds with their new iPhone, gotta keep them on that treadmill.

• Agree
Reactions: Dr W

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
Life in the US would be a lot fucking simpler if both parties could reach a consensus on business. Like “you guys can make as much money as you can, you just can’t abuse your workers or your consumers” and have that be the bottom line. No government intervention unless it’s to protect workers or consumers.
That's the ideal, the last few decades of screeching have been over where the line of where 'corporate abuse of the working class' ends and where 'making a reasonable amount of money' begins.

For instance, I think that workers and consumers are being exploited by corporations at the moment.

Bum Driller

Cultural Appropriator & Cowboy Chemist
kiwifarms.net
Whats wrong with it? The gist of what I got from the article is that the Supreme Court ruled the App Store was a monopoly for the purposes of selling apps to Iphones. Being a Monopoly is not actually illegal. It has to violate the Trust Laws and be anti-competitive in nature.
In what way can monopoly not be anti-competitive in nature? Like, it's called monopoly precisely because it doesn't have any competition.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino