‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians’ To End In 2021 With Season 20 - 2020 doesn't look so bad anymore

Did you watch this?

• Yes, but I'll blow my brains out before ever admitting to anyone that I enjoyed it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mage

Servant of the Pharaoh.
kiwifarms.net
By Peter White
September 8, 2020 2:44pm

Keeping Up With The Kardashians, the long-running reality series that has made stars of the likes of Kim Kardashian and Kylie Jenner, is to end next year.

The family broke the news in an Instagram post (below).

The show, which is produced by Bunim-Murray Productions and exec produced by Ryan Seacrest, premiered on October 14 2007. Its 19th season will begin airing on September 17 and will be followed by one final season, season 20, in 2021.

“It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to Keeping Up with the Kardashians. After what will be 14 years, 20 seasons, hundreds of episodes and several spin-off shows, we’ve decided as a family to end this very special journey. We are beyond grateful to all of you who’ve watched us for all of these years – through the good times, the bad times, the happiness, the tears, and the many relationships and children. We’ll forever cherish the wonderful memories and countless people we’ve met along the way,” the family wrote.

“Thank you to the thousands of individuals and businesses that have been a part of this experience and most importantly, a very special thank you to Ryan Seacrest for believing in us, E! for being our partner, and our production team at Bunim/Murray who’ve spent countless hours filming our lives,” they added.

The announcement was signed by Kris Jenner, Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, Rob Kardashian, Kendall Jenner, Kylie Jenner and Scott Disick.

The show has spawned 12 spin-off series on E! including Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami, Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Kourtney and Kim Take Miami, Kourtney and Khloe Take the Hamptons, Khloe and Lamar, Sex with Brody, I Am Cait, DASH Dolls, Life of Kylie, Rob & Chyna, Revenge Body with Khloe Kardashian and Flip It Like Disick.

An E! spokeswoman added, “E! has been the home and extended family to the Kardashian-Jenners for what will be 14 years, featuring the lives of this empowering family. Along with all of you, we have enjoyed following the intimate moments the family so bravely shared by letting us into their daily lives. While it has been an absolute privilege and we will miss them wholeheartedly, we respect the family’s decision to live their lives without our cameras. It is not our final goodbye yet, we are excited to have the new season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians launching on September 17 with the final season airing in 2021. We thank the entire extended family and our production partners, Bunim Murray and Ryan Seacrest Productions for embarking on this global phenomenon together.”

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
THANK YOU GOD! I can stop hearing about it all the fucking time from my friend's wife! Well just until she starts watching some other reality garbage. Bye bitches, have fun on the celebrity C-List.

“Thank you to the thousands of individuals and businesses that have been a part of this experience and most importantly, a very special thank you to Ryan Seacrest for believing in us, E! for being our partner, and our production team at Bunim/Murray who’ve spent countless hours filming our lives,” they added.

No special thanks to the mad scientists miracle workers who gave Bruce the chop and photoshopped his picture on Vanity Fair, I see. 🚬

SSF2T Old User

No Super Combos Necessary
kiwifarms.net
Well just until she starts watching some other reality garbage.
Which for anyone that still has cable/satellite, there's an abundance of that shit (especially on channels like TLC and WE).

I always found reality TV to be kind of dumb. Sometimes it makes sense, like when SpikeTV aired "Bar Rescue", you can see people turn dumpy places into better places and can actually learn something. But watching random celebrities live their chaotic dramatic lives is the literal definition of garbage.

2021Murder

SEVP of Outreach for Trovo.live
kiwifarms.net
this is more likely because of the kardashians not being paid enough rather than the network not wanting it anymore. the kardashians were at the forefront of sponcon and social media fame. the same dipshits that whine about "famous for nothing" don't seem to realize that what they were famous for was their huge online presence. even if they don't manage to get a new show off the ground on some streaming platform for billions of dollars, their presence in the online sector plus the millions gotten from it and the fact that the kardashian grandkids are now getting to social media age means we'll be hearing from them for at least another decade. can't wait to hear about North West's feud with Blue Ivy or their wedding in the 2030s.

I guess E! finally came up with a replacement show.
its like 99% of Cable right now, it only exists because when it comes to channels its either use it or lose it, and networks would rather lose millions than give up that spot. if they changed that dumb rule we'd be back down to 12 channels and still somehow paying $70 for it.

Last edited:

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net
Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/08/...rdashian-keeping-up-with-the-kardashians.html

Kim Kardashian West alerted fans in an Instagram post that her family will “say goodbye” to the popular reality show after 20 seasons.

1599651723029.png

Khloé Kardashian, left, Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Kris Jenner and Kylie Jenner at Cosmopolitan magazine's 50th birthday celebration in 2015.Credit...Jordan Strauss/Invision via AP

• Published Sept. 8, 2020Updated Sept. 9, 2020, 12:31 a.m. ET

The long-running reality show “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” which blended celebrity news, family turmoil and brand sponsorships, will end next year after its 20th season, Kim Kardashian announced Tuesday evening on Instagram, where she has 188 million followers.

In the post, Ms. Kardashian did not state a reason for ending the series, which debuted in 2007. “It is with heavy hearts that we’ve made the difficult decision as a family to say goodbye” to the show, she wrote. “This show made us who we are and I will be forever in debt to everyone who played a role in shaping our careers and changing our lives forever.”

The show has featured Ms. Kardashian and her sisters, Kourtney, Khloé, Kendall and Kylie; their brother, Rob; and their mother, Kris Jenner. A spokesperson for E!, the network that has broadcast the series, said in a statement, “We thank the entire extended family and our production partners, Bunim Murray and Ryan Seacrest Productions, for embarking on this global phenomenon together.”

Over the years the show has offered viewers a candid look into the family’s dynamics and relationship woes, spawning several spinoffs on E! Notable moments and controversies highlighted on and offscreen throughout the show’s run included Kim Kardashian filing for divorce after her almost two-month marriage to Kris Humphries, several accusations of family members’ taking part in cultural appropriation and a string of cheating scandals surrounding the family’s significant others.

Ms. Kardashian and her family were masters at capturing attention and leveraging that into profitability, something that had eluded their reality-show predecessors, according to Robert Thompson, professor of television and popular culture at Syracuse University.

The Kardashians “matured” the reality show genre, he said. “They managed to take a series of skills, very special skills that they had, that heretofore had not had any particular value, and managed to create a genre of entertainment for which they were perfectly suited.”

“The show ultimately was about what it looked like when somebody went about a life looking for slobbering attention,” he said. “And it turns out the way they did it was kind of interesting.”

The show has also become social media fodder with short video and audio clips of the Kardashians arguing or going on vacation used for memes and GIFs. The family has dominated social media, garnering millions of followers and making it easy for fans to keep up-to-date with their latest news and whereabouts without having to sit down and watch their reality show.

During the course of the show, Kim married the rapper Kanye West and gave birth to two of their children. (A surrogate for the couple gave birth to two more.) Also, Caitlyn Jenner transitioned, after appearing on the show as Bruce.

More recently, Ms. Kardashian has become an activist for criminal justice reform. In 2018 she personally lobbied President Trump to commute the sentence of a 63-year-old woman, Alice Marie Johnson, who was serving life in prison for a nonviolent drug conviction. The president pardoned Ms. Johnson after the Republican National Convention.

One of my more recent(ly deceased) GFs and her Thot Brigade couldn't stop watching this bullshit. I tried, in a bid to save our relationship and her life, but its popularity baffled me.

But who am I to judge?

My fellow Kiwis, please use this Thread as a means to mark your favorite Kardashian moments in history, as a mark of respect to the end of a TV era!