Artcow Ken Penders - Former Archie Sonic Comic Writer/Artist

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do) (A post about feelings)
    This announcement will be removed when I (hopefully) finalize my audit either today or tomorrow. I will follow it up with a mass email to all users linking the information in this announcement. So far, there has been no subsequent release of data.

NielBreenLover96

kiwifarms.net
But did Chris grow up reading the Penders comics? A lot of their stuff are just general things in a lot of bad works of fiction.
Considering how old Chris was when he made Sonichu, and how old he was when he won that contest, he was at the height of the Ken Penders pseudo-drama era of the comics, which also included the Knuckles spinoff series full of unadulterated Ken Pen Spergery.

GayDemiBoy

kiwifarms.net
Considering how old Chris was when he made Sonichu, and how old he was when he won that contest, he was at the height of the Ken Penders pseudo-drama era of the comics, which also included the Knuckles spinoff series full of unadulterated Ken Pen Spergery.
Could this explain him making Punchy nearly identical to Knuckles beyond him copying from Sonic? It'd be interesting to hear if Chris was/is a fan of Ken.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
But did Chris grow up reading the Penders comics? A lot of their stuff are just general things in a lot of bad works of fiction.
He did trace an old Archie comic where Sonic and Knuckles were duking it out in their "emeralded up" forms, though Penders is only credited as the artist in those issues. No idea if he's ever possessed the actual issues as a child or if he just looked it up on the internet when he needed something cool to plagiarize. If I had to take a wild guess, the Sonic media he identifies the most with are the SatAM\Underground cartoons and the Dreamcast games, possibly the X anime. I feel like he would've displayed his comic book issues more in his old room if he was that much into Archie Sonic.

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
I'd love to see disgruntled comic book writers doing this to fuck with their ex publishers.
"Yeah, I wanted Captain America to come out as trans and start gay dating Bucky, but Marvel wouldn't let me!"
This is actually more common than you imagine.

There was a bunch of gay characters introduced by Chris Claremont and John Byrne in the 70s/80s at Marvel (Northstar, Mystique, Destiny, Colleen Wing) that were always supposed to be gay but that Jim Shooter refused to let them come out as gay.

Most eventually came out once Shooter (who had a longtime ban on gay characters, after he got a TON of flack for writing an issue of the Hulk's magazine spin-off where Bruce Banner nearly gets raped at the YMCA by a gang of gay men) was ousted. But in the case of Mystique, she's largely written as bisexual and with men because of the movies and in Northstar's instance, John Byrne has repeatedly stated that he was never supposed to come out because he wrote Northstar as an asshole and feared editorial would force him to castrate Northstar's personality to make him a model minority and poster boy for non-threatening gay men

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
I know this is off-topic but... WHAT.
It's true and a huge old shame for Marvel: the very very first instance of open homosexuality in a Marvel Comic publication, was that of gay rapists trying to sexually assault/gang rape Bruce fucking Banner, back when the Hulk was (as a franchise) at it's peak popularity, and at the YMCA none the less. Written by the editor in chief at that!

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's true and a huge old shame for Marvel: the very very first instance of open homosexuality in a Marvel Comic publication, was that of gay rapists trying to sexually assault/gang rape Bruce fucking Banner, back when the Hulk was (as a franchise) at it's peak popularity, and at the YMCA none the less. Written by the editor in chief at that!
@bearycool and his crew couldn't help themselves; the idea of getting a gigantic muscularly ripped animal to switch teams sent them all into berserker mode

GayGayGay

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
kiwifarms.net
Ok but was there ever discussion on why he always goes caps-lock on "The Laura-Su Chronicles" every time he types it?
Is that his version of putting a (tm)/(c) or what??

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Mr. Awesome Man

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Ok but was there ever discussion on why he always goes caps-lock on "The Laura-Su Chronicles" every time he types it?
Is that his version of putting a (tm)/(c) or what??
Because it's going to be a BIG HIT. Just you wait, those Sonic comics? Pure shit. You're gonna love the story of legally distinct Knuckles and his daughter.

Super Color Up

Oh doujin?
kiwifarms.net

Our boy Ken is at it again!

"What did I do wrong? All I did was completely and financially ruin a comics company over a frivolous law suit and completely fuck over my supposed friends movie pitch because I was jealous. Amongst other things."
kek, this should be interesting to watch.

Archive, in case this sped deletes his tweet.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net

Our boy Ken is at it again!
View attachment 797761
"What did I do wrong? All I did was completely and financially ruin a comics company over a frivolous law suit and completely fuck over my supposed friends movie pitch because I was jealous. Amongst other things."
kek, this should be interesting to watch.

Archive, in case this sped deletes his tweet.
Ken has a lot of nerve. His selfish actions completely and utterly fucked over a long running comic, his former employer, and the entire Sonic fanbase (including the fanbase for the characters HE CREATED), and for what? So he could make shitty books with shitty artwork with these characters that are nigh useless on their own? Who the hell is going to reprint comics featuring his characters, especially now that Sonic and Archie both want to forget that that comic ever existed, if only to deny the stupid idiot any royalties for characters that Sega refuses to acknowledge that he owns?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino