Artcow Ken Penders - Former Archie Sonic Comic Writer/Artist

• DDoS is active again.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
Archie Sonic had some truly bad art through it's lifetime, ManyHands comes to mind, but I'm still impressed by how shit Ken is after all these years
And yet ken still does shitty artwork even nearly 20 or 39 something years later
i found this podcast that talks about ken
and it started with this tweet

Last edited:

Info Player Start

kiwifarms.net
Archie Sonic had some truly bad art through it's lifetime, ManyHands comes to mind, but I'm still impressed by how shit Ken is after all these years
Likely how it ran for so god damn long, Good artists tend to bug the publisher for hire pay. A lot of people on the book (pre issue 160 mostly) just treated the book as a stepping stone for they're carer. Like one of the artist making Fang's sister fly a millenium falcon in hopes of getting to work on the star wars book.
That arm stump looks like an onahole.
I'm just glad it's not a blow up sex doll

Last edited:

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
That arm stump looks like an onahole.
It’s looks more like a penis to me judging from the shape
Likely how it ran for so god damn long, Good artists tend to bug the publisher for hire pay. A lot of people on the book (pre issue 160 mostly) just treated the book as a stepping stone for they're carer. Like one of the artist making Fang's sister fly a millenium falcon in hopes of getting to work on the star wars book.

I'm just glad it not a blow up sex doll
true it could be worse

Jetpack Himmler

Self-loathing Millennial
kiwifarms.net
Working on Archie Sonic was actually a step down much of the talent on the title. The artist you mention in your example is Steven Butler who actually worked on Web of Spider-Man in the mid-nineties. In fact, he was the penciller who started the reviled Clone Saga. Then there was Manny Galan who is most famous for his Knuckles run. He eventually left for a job in commercial illustration. Ron Lim who is most famous for his Silver Surfer run and taking over for George Perez on Infinity Gauntlet pencilled the majority of issues from #100 to #159--and much of it reviled.

Meanwhile, Art Mawhinney was a storyboard artist on SatAM Sonic.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
Working on Archie Sonic was actually a step down much of the talent on the title. The artist you mention in your example is Steven Butler who actually worked on Web of Spider-Man in the mid-nineties. In fact, he was the penciller who started the reviled Clone Saga. Then there was Manny Galan who is most famous for his Knuckles run. He eventually left for a job in commercial illustration. Ron Lim who is most famous for his Silver Surfer run and taking over for George Perez on Infinity Gauntlet pencilled the majority of issues from #100 to #159--and much of it reviled.

Ken penders is just stuck living in a fantasy world that he never left out of the 90s

Rupin

Pronoun Warrior
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If that's the case, then he needs better artist, because if this is the best he can do:
B9XR2HKCcAAp6Rk.jpg

Then he needs artistic help, and fast.

Also, I'm half-tempted to call Archie a lolcow company now, given how that co CEO's bitching about her calling people "Penis". Doesn't matter how high up in the corporate food chain you are, sexual harassment is still sexual harassment. And no amount of bullshit excuses can change that.

he needs to come off that lame 3-d shit and go back to drawing traditionally.

Jetpack Himmler

Self-loathing Millennial
kiwifarms.net
Ken penders is just stuck living in a fantasy world that he never left out of the 90s
I think the only work of note Ken had besides Sonic was Star Trek: The Next Generation when DC held the license.

Meanwhile, Karl Bollers won an Eisner Award when it still meant something and appears to be likable enough. He gets a bad rap for Sally slapping Sonic in #134 when that was artist Jon Gray who was a "Sonamy" shipper, and Gray might be deserving of a thread himself from what I hear.

Info Player Start

kiwifarms.net

Hmm interesting
But yeah it really didn't have people on the book that were fans of the series until much later.
I think the only work of note Ken had besides Sonic was Star Trek: The Next Generation when DC held the license.

Meanwhile, Karl Bollers won an Eisner Award when it still meant something and appears to be likable enough. He gets a bad rap for Sally slapping Sonic in #134 when that was artist Jon Gray who was a "Sonamy" shipper, and Gray might be deserving of a thread himself from what I hear.
Jon Gray could get a thread for his tweets alone.
But I think he's doing pretty good as a cover artist now, from what I've seen.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net

Yeah put that one up for discussion
But probably some of those TNG comics are crap and Lewis lovhaug aka linkara could review them since he reviewed 2 other penders work

Hideous K

Buy my games
kiwifarms.net
It looks like shit and it’s going to be shit and here is what he thought of sales during the pandemic
View attachment 2306979

I'm still amazed that he thinks that his pet project is going to make him the next Jack Kirby and Stan Lee for his supposed success of the THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES, the only thing that goings to happen is a big hit in debt from the app's hosting fees and published paperbacks.

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
I'm still amazed that he thinks that his pet project is going to make him the next Jack Kirby and Stan Lee for his supposed success of the THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES, the only thing that goings to happen is a big hit in debt from the app's hosting fees and published paperbacks.
It makes one wonder how much money did he put into this and the paywalls will be a bitch to deal with

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
Too bad Mr. Penders isn't very business savvy. What you want to do is release the product locally first to see if it is successful, then look into putting it out in other languages and markets. But then again this is the industry that loves to insult its customer base, so what can you expect.
yeah that what he should of done
He always pushes back the release date for the product like a guy trying to predict the end of the world
update He is bringing in that skunk2D3CA436-201A-478F-B048-ED46A3A45D73.jpeg

Last edited:

Info Player Start

kiwifarms.net
yeah that what he should of done
He always pushes back the release date for the product like a guy trying to predict the end of the world
update He is bringing in that skunkView attachment 2314069
I'm sure blocking everyone that's clowned on him, hasn't had any affect on the reseption he sees :story:
I beat most that ordered are YouTubers that are just buying it out of pity/to rif on it in a video

Josterman

kiwifarms.net
Ken is a really sad, pathetic, man. To be in constant denial that the internet hates him for the shit he pulled at Archie Comics and after.
I think he does know or doesn’t care
I'm sure blocking everyone that's clowned on him, hasn't had any affect on the reseption he sees :story:
I beat most that ordered are YouTubers that are just buying it out of pity/to rif on it in a video
and it’s going to be comic bloodbath when he releases it and people tear it to shreds