Kenshi - Post-Apocalyptic Weeb cousin of Mount & Blade

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For those that don't know, Kenshi is a pc game that plays the same way as Mount & Blade: no story to the game, just your character doing whatever you want. Things you do include:
Building your own outpost
Making weed farms
Hiring companions to act as drug mules to sell your weed
Fight robots with katanas and sabers
Lose all your limbs from trying to fight robots with a not-Japanese sword
Explore a wasteland that is a 1000 times more original and mysterious than Fallout
Get attacked by a theocratic faction because you chose to play as a robot instead of human
Get attacked by desert samurais because you stole a bowl from some peasent in a town
Start off as a slave who is forced to work in a mine of said theocratic faction until you are able to escape when the paladins aren't looking
Naruto run with a high sneak skill and knock out anyone that doesn't notice you.
Get eaten alive by zombie-like bugmen in a fog while hearing them REEEEEEEE harder than Pepe the frog.

What makes it different from Mount & Blade besides the post-apoc setting is that the lore is left open ended along with the ability to build your own base so long as you have the materials. The creator of the game has been working on it for years, releasing it in 2013 as early access, and rather recently it hit 1.0 (According to Wikipedia, development started as a one man team back in 06-08).

Been wasting the last few days of my life playing Kenshi and I can only wonder if anyone has gotten into the game.

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I also hear it's The Sims with combat & more nihilism.

Murmur

Uncouth Twat
kiwifarms.net
I've had my eye on it for a while now. Is it an actual complete game now that it is out of early access? Or did it leave early access in a "meh good enough" state because the developer was sick of it?

• Agree
Reactions: NIGGO KILLA

Some Manajerk

kiwifarms.net
Ive had Kenshi since way back when it first came out on steam, been playing it off and on. generally fun, unless you have a bad run and everyone dies a horrible death.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Made a base in the Fog Islands before I knew what was there. When I saw what happened to people when they got knocked out it just made me want to live there more. I don't have to pay taxes and most visitors get eaten before they make it to the gate.

• Informative
Reactions: Safir

Captain_Virgil

Fuck Clankers
kiwifarms.net
Can I own slaves in this game or is that just a mod? If I can have slaves to do my grinding for me I'm sold.

wrangled tard

Types in full sentences, for some reason.
kiwifarms.net
Sneak and assassination are undoubtedly incredibly over powered.
With the slave start just hit the stealth button and it will train up your stealth to 100 super fast, then steal everything cause you can do that now, sell it and join the Shinobi Thieves. Then train your assassination up to 30 with their training dummies and you can pretty much solo the rest of the game. Train your assassination up to about 70 with random packs of dust bandits around at night. Then simply sneak into blister hill, kidnap the Phoenix and take him to the Flotsam Ninjas or the Stone Golem. After that do the same with all the inquisitors and you get all of the holy nation territory for free. Then you can pretty easily kidnap the bugmaster and hand him into the shek and/or cat-lon. If you have the recruit prisoners mod which is a must then you get two max stat characters essentially for free, just for being really good at sneaking. Haven't tried to take over the united cities or traders union yet but I'm scouting them out to see where to hit them.

Can I own slaves in this game or is that just a mod? If I can have slaves to do my grinding for me I'm sold.
Yes.

Made a base in the Fog Islands before I knew what was there. When I saw what happened to people when they got knocked out it just made me want to live there more. I don't have to pay taxes and most visitors get eaten before they make it to the gate.
Welcome to mongrel.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've had my eye on it for a while now. Is it an actual complete game now that it is out of early access? Or did it leave early access in a "meh good enough" state because the developer was sick of it?
LIterally at 1.0.13. At this point, they may do a few bug fixes before throwing in the towel and working on smoething else.

Sneak and assassination are undoubtedly incredibly over powered.
With the slave start just hit the stealth button and it will train up your stealth to 100 super fast, then steal everything cause you can do that now, sell it and join the Shinobi Thieves. Then train your assassination up to 30 with their training dummies and you can pretty much solo the rest of the game. Train your assassination up to about 70 with random packs of dust bandits around at night. Then simply sneak into blister hill, kidnap the Phoenix and take him to the Flotsam Ninjas or the Stone Golem. After that do the same with all the inquisitors and you get all of the holy nation territory for free. Then you can pretty easily kidnap the bugmaster and hand him into the shek and/or cat-lon. If you have the recruit prisoners mod which is a must then you get two max stat characters essentially for free, just for being really good at sneaking. Haven't tried to take over the united cities or traders union yet but I'm scouting them out to see where to hit them.
I have some considerations of kidnapping the Phoenix and his two right hands but I may just save that up when I'm feeling confident enough. What'll get me are paladins able to keep up with a Naruto-running Scorchlander, not to mention the crossbow turret that will turn his ass into a pincushion if he's lucky. As for Bugmaster, I didn't realize Cat-lon would be one to take in Bugmaster but I haven't reached Cat-lon yet. Still trying to find a good place to build a base before recruiting anyone besides Cat (had to since I took out Dust King's guards while taking said king to Squin) and I may as well settle in the Holy Kingdom territory after removing Phoenix from power.

wrangled tard

Types in full sentences, for some reason.
kiwifarms.net
LIterally at 1.0.13. At this point, they may do a few bug fixes before throwing in the towel and working on smoething else.

I have some considerations of kidnapping the Phoenix and his two right hands but I may just save that up when I'm feeling confident enough. What'll get me are paladins able to keep up with a Naruto-running Scorchlander, not to mention the crossbow turret that will turn his ass into a pincushion if he's lucky. As for Bugmaster, I didn't realize Cat-lon would be one to take in Bugmaster but I haven't reached Cat-lon yet. Still trying to find a good place to build a base before recruiting anyone besides Cat (had to since I took out Dust King's guards while taking said king to Squin) and I may as well settle in the Holy Kingdom territory after removing Phoenix from power.
Sorry my phrasing was off, I meant you can kidnap Cat-lon with the same method. I'm not sure if you can hand him into anyone since I've been parading him around as a trophy. You'll need to take out the phoenix's right hands as well as the Phoenix to get the Flotsam or Shek to take over Blister Hill, after that you can settle down without risk of being invaded by the Holy Nation and will probably even get a lot of support from the Flotsam/Shek if you do end up getting raided. If you don't have it already, I'd highly recommend the reactive world mod, adds a tonne of cool shit like taking over the holy nation but with other factions including being able to stop bandit raids all together and rebuilding The Hub with the Shek.

d12

I'm not black, I just play one on TV
kiwifarms.net
I got this game a couple days ago. I'm just slumming it in the Borderlands being a one man copper mine but I'm having fun.

Also, the dev just announced he's gonna make Kenshi 2, this time it'll be a prequel set in the Old Empire. Let's hope development isn't as long as the first one.

not william stenchever

Why do insane cyborgs keep calling me Willy?
kiwifarms.net
I did the 5 man start with only skeletons and started mining copper near the Hub like a methhead going after wiring. Joined the shinobi guild and started gearing them up with plate jackets, ninja blades, and theif backpacks, as well as Plank longswords and trader backpacks from over in Squin. The grind of this game is so enjoyable.

My skellie squad has gone from sneaking around starving bandits (loaded down with copper so we're training both Strength and Stealth) to mercing 20 man groups of fogmen just for fun and there's still more to achieve. I'm now up to seven skellies, four humans, and Beep. I want to start recruiting more people and build a base somewhere after I get the new guys fully geared up and put 100,000 cats in the bank. Any suggestions for a good location? I do like the fog islands, so maybe I should find somewhere in there to set up shop.

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
This game was in early access for so long, I honestly forgot that I had it. Lol, I'd be amazed if the game doesn't get a rape mod like Skyrim since it already has stuff like slavery, genocide, and cannibalism.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I got this game a couple days ago. I'm just slumming it in the Borderlands being a one man copper mine but I'm having fun.

Also, the dev just announced he's gonna make Kenshi 2, this time it'll be a prequel set in the Old Empire. Let's hope development isn't as long as the first one.
He's been making Kenshi since 13-11 years ago. Unless his team ends up becoming like those that worked on Duke Nukem Forever, it shouldn't really take the game to have a long dev cycle unless they want to rival Bannerlord.

Also a prequel set in the Old Empire sounds interesting though I wonder if the game will run more smoothly. Fun as Kenshi was, it was annoying getting a loading pop up while everything was moving.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino