Keven Hart Drops Hosting Academy Awards Over Decades Old Tweets - Academy wanted an public apology, Keven refused... kind of.

Graffiti canvas

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's an interesting witch hunt behind this one. First off, here's the article.

The tl;dr is - Kevin has stand up material and tweets from 2008-2010 that included gay jokes. Twitter found out about it after he was asked to host the awards show, the usual REEEE-ing happened.

https://variety.com/2018/film/awards/kevin-hart-says-the-film-academy-has-given-him-an-ultimatum-apologize-or-well-find-another-oscars-host-1203083698/

Wednesday afternoon, comedian Kevin Hart was announced as the host for the upcoming 91st annual Academy Awards. By Thursday night, he had stepped down.

The turn of events followed outcry over previous anti-gay tweets, and comments Hart made during stand-up routines nearly 10 years ago. Some of the tweets were feverishly deleted throughout the day on Thursday, leading to an Instragram video from the comedian that only made matters worse for him.

“My team calls me, ‘Oh my God, Kevin, everyone’s upset by tweets you did years ago,'” he said in that video. “Guys, I’m nearly 40 years old. If you don’t believe that people change, grow, evolve as they get older, I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to hold people in a position where they always have to justify the past, do you. I’m the wrong guy, man.”

Those words rang as a defiant non-apology for many. Hours later, Hart resurfaced with another video stating that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences had given him an ultimatum: Apologize or we’ll find a new host.

“I chose to pass on the apology,” the 39-year-old actor-comedian said in the video. “The reason why I passed is because I’ve addressed this several times. This is not the first time this has come up. I’ve addressed it. I’ve spoken on it. I’ve said where the rights and wrongs were. I’ve said who I am now versus who I was then. I’ve done it. I’m not going to continue to go back and tap into the days of old when I’ve moved on and I’m in a completely different place in my life.”

That, too, rang hollow for many. Less than two hours later, Hart announced via Twitter that he was removing himself from the gig, and he finally offered the apology everyone was looking for.

“I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscars,” he wrote. “This is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past. I’m sorry that I hurt people. I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love and appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again.”

Now the Academy finds itself in the unenviable position of casting a net once again to fill a role that clearly no one wanted in the first place; the Dec. 5 announcement of Hart as emcee was quite late in the game, and sources say the organization has had more trouble than usual finding someone to front their show.

The Academy did not respond to a request for comment.
Kevin ALMOST had the nuts to stand up to the hivemind outrage, but in the end turned down the show AND apologized.

What's a bit more interesting about this one is that literally no one cared until a cucked soi boy article monkey for The Guardian named Benjamin Lee wanted exposure and basically wrote a hit piece on Keven, pulling out every buzz word and trigger point to stir up bluechecks.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/dec/05/oscars-host-kevin-hart-homophobia-is-no-laughing-matter

I'll just post some choice REE snippets. Remember, this guy is talking about material that is at least a decade old and Kevin has already made amends publicly and changed his material over this stuff years ago:
"Hart has a rather vile history of documented homophobia, ranging from offensive standup clangers to dumb interview statements to puerile tweets to a whole embarrassing film filled with it. In 2010 during his Seriously Funny standup special, Hart delivered an extended joke based on a fear of his three-year-old son Hendrix turning out gay. Hilarious, right? A gay kid! No, thanks!"

"What might not seem like a big deal to Hart is less amusing when given a wider context. In his extended joke, he claimed to have beaten both his son and another kid who was “grinding” up behind him at a party, something that feels particularly grotesque when viewed next to the multiple real world stories of parents beating and torturing their children to death when a so-called “gay moment” rears its head"

"Hart’s obsession with making unfunny, disrespectful and inappropriate jokes about a community he has shown nothing but bile for along with a string of unrepentant responses to any criticism paints him as someone entirely undeserving of a spot on the Oscars stage. If the Academy wants to progress and remain relevant, handpicking a man with a history of homophobia is a flashing red siren of an issue, a middle finger up to the LGBT community and a sign that Oscars might no longer be quite as white but they remain aggressively straight."
For a guy so high on his progressive, moral, LGBTQLMNOP+ horse... is it any surprise ol Ben has some questionable tweets himself? Like this one hinting at being a Pedophile?

Last edited:

Fandom Trash

Just your typical tumblr trash
kiwifarms.net
Im just surprised twitter was around for that long.

Anyway, its better to delete some problematic stuff if you ever become famous rather than deal with a bunch of cucks trying to ruin your name.

I mean the same shit happened to James Gunn.

• Agree
Reactions: Chester Rigby

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net
Kevin should have stood his ground and still host the awards, but jokes about the alphabet soup be damned. At this rate people are going to stop hosting the Academy Awards since the amount of material they can joke about continually shrink each year.

UnKillFill

I'm sorry you had to go through this son...
kiwifarms.net
I thought it was ok when clearly gay personalities made gay jokes?

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Has there ever been a year where there was no host?

If not, they should try it this year. Maybe we could get a good (read:no) show this year.

Wow, check out the false importance these assholes have. "The only reason they really care is because they know twitter is always watching"

When are the lizard people that control our media going to get sick of these shitheads thinking their soft mammalian emotions are any match for cold, hard scales?

PS1gamenwatch

kiwifarms.net
A bit related:

https://people.com/movies/nick-cannon-defends-kevin-hart-homophobic-tweets-amy-schumer-sarah-silverman-chelsea-handler/amp/

Nick Cannon Defends Kevin Hart By Posting Old Homophobic Tweets from Female Comedians

KEVIN WINTER/GETTY IMAGES; AMANDA EDWARDS/WIREIMAGE; ALLEN BEREZOVSKY/GETTY IMAGES
MARIA PASQUINI

Posted on December 08, 2018 5:53PM

In an attempt to defend Kevin Hart, who stepped down from hosting the Academy Awards following a backlash over his past homophobic comments, Nick Cannon has resurfaced old tweets from Amy Schumer, Sarah Silverman and Chelsea Handler that he says also used homophobic language.

“Interesting,” Cannon, 38, tweeted on Friday evening alongside an old tweet of Handler’s from 2010. “I wonder if there was any backlash here…”

In the message, she wrote, “This is what a f— bird likes like when he flexes,” including a photo that is no longer available.

Cannon went on to share a 2012 tweet from Schumer, in which the comedian wrote, “Enjoy skyfall f—. I’m bout to get knee deep in Helen Hunt #thesessions.”

“I’m just saying… should we keep going???” he captioned the message.

He also resurfaced a 2010 tweet from Silverman — who recently said she cringes at “material I did 10 years ago” — where she wrote, “I dont mean this in a hateful way but the new bachelorette’s a f—.”

In an interview with Variety published in November, Silverman also addressed the fact that she doesn’t mind holding herself accountable to her past remarks.

“I feel like unless you can admit to those things, you can’t be changed by them and you can’t even forgive yourself for them,” she shared.

Reps for Schumer, Silverman and Handler did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s requests for comment about Cannon’s tweets.

NICK CANNON/TWITTER

NICK CANNON/TWITTER

NICK CANNON/TWITTER

Hart did eventually go on to apologize.

“I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s….this is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past,” he tweeted shortly after he shared he would be stepping down from hosting the Oscars.

“I’m sorry that I hurt people.. I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart,” Hart added. “Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again.”

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just don't get this. He's fucking richer than God and he doesn't need to apologize for shit but does so anyway. I don't understand anything about this shit. If I had the money these people do I wouldn't apologize for fucking anything.

Reactions: BhertMern
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino