KF International Challenge -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I've had an aspiration for a long time now regarding international content and am looking to gauge the interest of bilingual users willing to make threads catering to topics who are entirely foreign language subjects.

Edit: To clarify, I do not need translators. I am not asking for people to translate threads. If you speak a language, and you know a lolcow who creates content in your language, I want you to make a thread in Proving Grounds just like an English lolcow thread but in your language. i.e. if you speak Arabic and Jihadi Jarbo posts funny shit in Arabic, I want you to make an Arabic thread. I do not need you to translate Arabic into English. You do not need to ask permission to do this. I don't need to do anything to enable you. Just please make a thread on the topic in your language, and only your language.

If you're interested, let me know. @CasualSeppuku and a few other Brazilians wanted to do BR stuff some time ago but they're all lazy monkeys so nothing got done.

There would be an international board with thread prefixes for languages and then individual boards for very successful languages if that happens. Should we gain a significant foreign speaking population I will promote moderators who can deal with the foreign community and setup a localized version of the site for them (i.e. a kiwifarms.net/fr/ link for french).

French Ambassador
@Big Bad Brat
If people are interested to help out on French content, here are the threads that absolutely need to be made and documented, given their cowish notoriety. There are obviously way more cows, but those are the most well known and important.
- Jemiscor(e)
- RaptorDissident
- Users notorious for their political insanity (Zoulman, Alain Soral, etc...)
- Users pertaining to the Garage Sales community (GT gabi, Kirby 54, etc...)
- Madmoizelle.com
Requests
Special request from me for anyone fluent in Arabic to write the Sam Ambreen post in sandrunes.
"Drachenlord", German Lolcow

Last edited:

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
New I can speak Japanese pretty well, but not sure how many members can.
Don't worry about if others can speak it. There will be new users who will.

I can speak Russian, which means I could scourge the 2ch boards and Russian's most popular social network, VK, for content.
That's a good idea. I think 55ch has lolcows.

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I can speak spanish, and the Hispanic lolcows have had it too easy for too long...
ay papi

Assuming something does come of this, would the international boards/threads be solely in the other language or would content be translated to English and discussed in English?
There would be an international board with thread prefixes for languages and then individual boards for very successful languages if that happens. Should we gain a significant foreign speaking population I will promote moderators who can deal with the foreign community and setup a localized version of the site for them (i.e. a kiwifarms.net/fr/ link for french).

i think a dedicated german speaker could be useful for monitoring cows like drachenlord
i cant speak german for shit, this is merely a suggestion
oh yeah, if you know any lolcows that are foreign subjects but you don't know the language, bring them up here too.

Pepito

This user has been hacked - Hamas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can speak spanish, and the Hispanic lolcows have had it too easy for too long...
@Null, Interesting...

I'm a native Spanish speaker and yes, I had a few castellan-speaking cows on sight but not with enough english sperging to catch on. So are we planning opening subs for each language or just make threads for them?

B

BE 911

kiwifarms.net
If people are interested to help out on French content, here are the threads that absolutely need to be made and documented, given their cowish notoriety. There are obviously way more cows, but those are the most well known and important.
- Jemiscor(e)
- RaptorDissident
- Users notorious for their political insanity (Zoulman, Alain Soral, etc...)
- Users pertaining to the Garage Sales community (GT gabi, Kirby 54, etc...)
- Madmoizelle.com

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I know Chinese, but I hate to admit that it's not enough to understand more complex messages. I doubt there will ever be Chinese lolcows though.
I was thinking about that. I bet you China would endorse a Chinese KF, but the users would have to sign into forward-facing anonymous accounts created with IRL credentials, and the subjects would be curated by the CPC. China likes making an example out of fuckups, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino