Kingdom Come Deliverance - Or how I stopped worrying about SJW and love Bohemia

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I suspect even in "primitive" times it was much like it is now. People who were respectful to each other, regardless of their stations, would do well. People who were utter dicks, regardless of their stations, might tend to end up accidentally dead and maybe nobody would care how that happened.
That's what I think, too.
It was a time where you were expected to fight in the first line of battle alongside your men, so you better be sure they are loyal and drag your ass out of the mud if your horse gets lanced under your ass and some asshole with a warhammer knocks you out.
Also, a knight isn't just a fancy soldier, when you've got your own fiefdom, you have to manage that, too, which means you have to engage with many people of many different backgrounds in order to run the place. To some degree, you might even have to settle minor conflicts and act as a judge between your subjects.
With a certain amount of power, they might be dicks to people, but such people don't stay in power for long. Especially since the people on top expect loyalty from their subjects, but the subjects in turn expect protection (both of their assets as well as their social standing).
In German, the word for "politeness" is directly derived from the word "(noble) court" (politeness is thus "courtly behaviour"), which I doubt is a coincidence.

Something that fascinates me a lot:
When we think of barbarians or savages, we can't help but think of vikings and their era, but even in such a society, unfree slaves (called thralls) had certain rights. For instance, thralls had the right to one free day of the week and if their master forced them to work on that day, he'd have to pay a penalty (this might have been a christian thing, though, but still).

you know a lot about this topic
I'm a bit of a history geek and I particularly like the 14th century, so this game is a true godsend, since it's almost the exact region and time period that I like.

Which is (SPOILERS) part of the character development throughout the game. Hans Capon starts out as a horrible, spoilt brat who, when he comes of age, will become Lord of Rattay (Sir Hanush of Leipa is only standing is as a regent until Capon is old enough) and many characters openly dread that idea because he has no idea how to run a city. He basically treats Henry like a skivvy. But then things happen to him and he is forced to have increasing amounts of respect for our protagonist because said protagonist has pulled Hans Capon's arse out of a sling several times and generally got things done.

True, there was nothing saying that a lord had to grant that respect to a peasant, but the lords who were effective and useful (i.e. Radzig Kobyla, Sir Hanush, etc.) did, because that's how things get done.
I really like Hans Capon. You're pretty much roped into a conflict with him early on, that I didn't want to engage in, but since it turned out the way it did, I actually like that.

When the conflict with him arose, I feared that he migth become a minor bad guy or nuisance later on in the game due to some feud with Henry, so I was very happy to see that trope subverted the moment you set out to that hunting trip.
It's one of the moments where the character interaction was a lot of fun to watch, as far as I'm concerned.

• Informative
Reactions: carltondanks

atm

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Minor spoilers so close your eyes when reading this if you don't want to be exposed to GAME SECRETS

I was pretty nonplussed after doing the fight vs. Runt in the church tower since it didn't let you loot his corpse and teleported you away straight after the cutscene. In fact I'd wanted to loot all the corpses left after the battle so I raced straight back there to see if anything was left. Sadly the bodies had despawned and the church seemed inaccessible at first. Thankfully though the game is a bugridden mess so I was able to glitch over the wall by jumping and clicking on the ladder on the opposite side. Not sure if there's a legit way in, didn't see one.
Anyway, after that I managed to get in the church and up top, where surprisingly Runt's corpse still lay. Sadly the loot wasn't that great, a couple of decent bits of armour but I was hoping to get that big club he beats yer ass with the first time you meet him.

Anyway in summary this game is very good.

Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Minor spoilers so close your eyes when reading this if you don't want to be exposed to GAME SECRETS

I was pretty nonplussed after doing the fight vs. Runt in the church tower since it didn't let you loot his corpse and teleported you away straight after the cutscene. In fact I'd wanted to loot all the corpses left after the battle so I raced straight back there to see if anything was left. Sadly the bodies had despawned and the church seemed inaccessible at first. Thankfully though the game is a bugridden mess so I was able to glitch over the wall by jumping and clicking on the ladder on the opposite side. Not sure if there's a legit way in, didn't see one.
Anyway, after that I managed to get in the church and up top, where surprisingly Runt's corpse still lay. Sadly the loot wasn't that great, a couple of decent bits of armour but I was hoping to get that big club he beats yer ass with the first time you meet him.

Anyway in summary this game is very good.
If you were able to knock Runt out like I did, you could loot him, assuming the devs didn't have the foresight of players being able to knock him out and jacking him of all his gear.

• Informative
Reactions: atm

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
1. Holy shit you should try to get at least a bit of chainmail as soon as possible. It seems to really help with your survivability.
2. Where the hell is the alchemist in Rattay? I want to be an amoral asshole who uses poisoned weapons and rage potions.
3. What perks/weapons/combos do people here recommend? I’ve allready got literacy, the basic sword perks and the master parry Bernard teaches you, and the longsword combo with a low slash and 2 stabs. I’m assuming mule is an absolute must if you want to wear a lot of heavy armour.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
1. Holy shit you should try to get at least a bit of chainmail as soon as possible. It seems to really help with your survivability.
2. Where the hell is the alchemist in Rattay? I want to be an amoral asshole who uses poisoned weapons and rage potions.
3. What perks/weapons/combos do people here recommend? I’ve allready got literacy, the basic sword perks and the master parry Bernard teaches you, and the longsword combo with a low slash and 2 stabs. I’m assuming mule is an absolute must if you want to wear a lot of heavy armour.
Mule is pretty useful for hauling armor and loot. With drinking, I take the one where getting drunk gives you charisma and the one where overdrinking puts you in your bed rather than in a random location.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mule is pretty useful for hauling armor and loot. With drinking, I take the one where getting drunk gives you charisma and the one where overdrinking puts you in your bed rather than in a random location.
You can also greatly increase the amount of stuff your horse can carry by getting a saddle with saddlebags. I totally underestimated how much more weight the horse will then be able to carry.
Bucephalus went from 280ish to 470 with a saddle with 2 saddlebags. Certainly beats the few pounds that you get from mule.

Foltest

Moving upwards in life
kiwifarms.net
So for some damn reason I got kicked out of the monastery. They said I had a weapon and killed someone. What the shit? All I had done before was beating up the guy who had the paper so I could get in (I have no pickpocketing skill whatsoever so I couldn't take it from him that way).

Kermit the Frog

kiwifarms.net
I really enjoy KCD, there are so many things the game does well, but man there are so many bugs. I ran into the gamebreaking bug of when you have to inform Radzig after the Merhojed investigation, where you talk to Radzig but the cutscene that takes you to the next part of the main story doesn't trigger. I had to reload a save from about 2 hours before to get it to work properly. I've had to do stuff like that before and it's frustrating.
Side note: I like that you can foil Matthew and Fritz's scheme and don't have to go along with everything they do. Those guys are fucking assholes.

Last edited:

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
I really enjoy KCD, there are so many things the game does well, but man there are so many bugs. I ran into the gamebreaking bug of when you have to inform Radzig after the Merhojed investigation, where you talk to Radzig but the cutscene that takes you to the next part of the main story doesn't trigger. I had to reload a save from about 2 hours before to get it to work properly. I've had to do stuff like that before and it's frustrating.
Side note: I like that you can foil Matthew and Fritz's scheme and don't have to go along with everything they do. Those guys are fucking assholes.
According to Vavra’s twitter, they’re looking to have a patch with about 200 fixes out in a week or so.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same here. Unfortunately, I did the Merhojed Jig and then went to Sasau to take care of a shitton of other quests before it's too late. I would lose a lot of progress, so I decided to just do sidequests until the patch arrives or I learn what I have to enter into the console to trigger the cutscene (if that's even possible).

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
Really. How many of you fine young faggots have actually beaten the game then? Actually p close atm

EDIT: Well I did it. I beat the game. Final consensus is breddy gud but holy Christ on a Cross those bugs. Some other parts felt unfinished too. If it's only taken a week to release all these fixes, why release it a week ago? Why should I pay full price at release to be a cucking beta tester? Regardless, I still have quite a good feeling from it and can't wait till the next release, though I'll wait and see this time that they got their shit together first.

As for the game itself, the save system itself is fine if a bit wonky, (Why save at the beginning of a quest instead of the end? Makes sense for some quests but not for most) however most saves I made using schnapps were to ward off engine goofs. The combat is ok though I never felt competent at it, I never managed to do a combo without the enemy immediately doing one of their own after my first strike and sodomizing me with it. Strangely, I had far more trouble with bandits than in the big battle sequences, which were quite easy. I don't mind the things they did for historical accuracy, the helmet obscuring vision, archery, etc and anyone who complains otherwise is a faggot. All in all, gonna reinstall mount and blade after this and krump some people again, damn it feels good to be a medieval gangsta.

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Thank fuck, I could finally get past the Radzig Bug.

Edit:
Soooo...
After playing a bit, I now had a bug that made the game crash to a black screen after I walked around for like a minute.
After the third time, I had to restart my PC, now the game crashes during the Intro.

I really love this game, but for fucks sake, these bugs are slowly getting on my nerves.

Last edited:

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there some sort of overarching problem with the combat systems in this game, or something the game's failed to properly explain to me? I'm nearly 15 hours deep into this and I absolutely dread getting into any sort of combat because I swear that the NPCs in my game are utterly immune to being hit. Their attacks string together in rapid-fire hits that lop off almost all of my HP in a single combo, they can't be parried or blocked, and even if I manage to start that "back-and-forth" system using timed parries they'll either ignore it entirely and hit me anyways during the slowdown, or instantly lock me in canned, pre-animated attacks that knock my camera around so much that I can't even see what's happening.

I'm no stranger to difficult combat systems or timed parrying and blocking, but I'm like 2 to 500 on fights I've legitimately won, and those were just two, crappy bandits before the game added the parrying/riposte mechanics to the mix. Since then, it's made combat so impossible to win that I haven't been able to pass any section of the game that required fighting without praying it was something I was supposed to lose, or without resorting to cheap tricks like trampling them with a horse or attacking them when they were sleeping.

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
The timing for perfect blocking ripostes and the second attack in a combo is pretty hard to get down. I think stats might come into play with it a lot like how it affects clinching.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The combat is rather unforgiving at the beginning and the game makes you rush from one main quest to the other so you end up underleveled by the time you have to infiltrate the bandit camp.

When you slow down, train a lot with Sir Bernard at the northern gate of Rattay, you'll get the hang of the combat system eventually and your stats will become high enough that you don't get your ass handed to you by some random bandit with a rusty sword.

But I have to say, since a lot of your enemies are "surprisingly good" at fencing, I often don't even bother to attempt special techniques or combos (seriously, some asshat with a stick does some master riposte?). I just hit them from various sides and stab here and there.
Combos usually fail at the second (if not outright by the first) strike and often, you eat a counter attack.
I especially hate the counter attacks that are just a barrage of strikes within like a second or two.
I wouldn't even mind if it was one mighty blow that took away exactly the same amount of HP, but it's annoying to just sitting there, waiting for Henry to stop railing while some asshole flails his arms meekly and hits you all over your body in split seconds with your HP bar in free fall.

Most of my fights, I win either due to stabbing a motherfucker in the eyesocket or by somehow getting past their parry and hitting them with a Oberhau straight to the head and then I just rain attacks on them while they stumble.
Fighting against multiple opponents can be a bit of a chore, since you have to very carefully maneuver as to not end up having some asshole with an axe standing behind you, knocking you in the head while you're shackled to looking at some random asshat. (For some reason, I can't get the "unfocus enemy" thing to work.) And of course, one of the enemies' counters makes you stumble forward a metre and you end up being hit from all sides as Henry is pretty much stunlocked from endlessly staggering from the hits he takes.
But when you manage to smartly outmaneuver your enemies and take them down quickly, it's very satisfying, to say the least.

One thing that helped me was reassigning buttons cause the original layout is just inconvenient as fuck.
I put blocking on the right mouse button (why would you put the default on Q in the first place?) and stabbing on one of my mouse's thumb-buttons.
This made it a lot easier for me to coordinate attacks and blocks.

But I have to say, when the combat does work, it's a lot of fun. I just think random bandits with shitty weapons shouldn't be master fencers.

• Agree
Reactions: It's HK-47

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The combat is rather unforgiving at the beginning and the game makes you rush from one main quest to the other so you end up underleveled by the time you have to infiltrate the bandit camp.

When you slow down, train a lot with Sir Bernard at the northern gate of Rattay, you'll get the hang of the combat system eventually and your stats will become high enough that you don't get your ass handed to you by some random bandit with a rusty sword.

But I have to say, since a lot of your enemies are "surprisingly good" at fencing, I often don't even bother to attempt special techniques or combos (seriously, some asshat with a stick does some master riposte?). I just hit them from various sides and stab here and there.
Combos usually fail at the second (if not outright by the first) strike and often, you eat a counter attack.
I especially hate the counter attacks that are just a barrage of strikes within like a second or two.
I wouldn't even mind if it was one mighty blow that took away exactly the same amount of HP, but it's annoying to just sitting there, waiting for Henry to stop railing while some asshole flails his arms meekly and hits you all over your body in split seconds with your HP bar in free fall.

Most of my fights, I win either due to stabbing a motherfucker in the eyesocket or by somehow getting past their parry and hitting them with a Oberhau straight to the head and then I just rain attacks on them while they stumble.
Fighting against multiple opponents can be a bit of a chore, since you have to very carefully maneuver as to not end up having some asshole with an axe standing behind you, knocking you in the head while you're shackled to looking at some random asshat. (For some reason, I can't get the "unfocus enemy" thing to work.) And of course, one of the enemies' counters makes you stumble forward a metre and you end up being hit from all sides as Henry is pretty much stunlocked from endlessly staggering from the hits he takes.
But when you manage to smartly outmaneuver your enemies and take them down quickly, it's very satisfying, to say the least.

One thing that helped me was reassigning buttons cause the original layout is just inconvenient as fuck.
I put blocking on the right mouse button (why would you put the default on Q in the first place?) and stabbing on one of my mouse's thumb-buttons.
This made it a lot easier for me to coordinate attacks and blocks.

But I have to say, when the combat does work, it's a lot of fun. I just think random bandits with shitty weapons shouldn't be master fencers.
Also, use a shield. It really helps with blocks and parries. And take out the guy with the mace first.

Also also, never wear a bascinet with eyeholes or a Cuman mask. They are actually more restrictive to your vision than a beaky helmet or great helm while giving you less armour points.

GeorgeDaMoose

kiwifarms.net
Is the knight in shining armor perk worth it?
That's the one that boosts charisma for having full plate on during the day right?
Charisma is kind of hard to get so if you didn't start off the game with it then yeah I guess. I just found that sleeping with women every day for the Alpha Male buff and carrying a lot of flowers also did the trick. Having nice clothes to swap to on hand also works.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino