Kingdom Come Deliverance - Or how I stopped worrying about SJW and love Bohemia

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is the knight in shining armor perk worth it?
Frankly, a lot of perks aren't really worth it. Especially in the "Main Level" category.
"Get a slight bonus at [x] but get a penalty at [y]" hardly seems worth it.
I haven't used a perk in the Drinking skill either, mainly cause they all suck and I have no clue what that skill is supposed to be used for. Though it is kind of amusing that they added it to the game

When it comes to the Knight in Shining Armor perk, getting an increased Charisma when your armor is clean seems like a neat thing, though. I mean, even if you get dirty in this game merely by standing around for a few minutes, you can always just head to the bathes before talking to an important NPC. Question is, does washing in a trough suffice to make that perk active or not? Depending on that, it could be really useful, cause those are available pretty much anywhere. Given the alternatives, I don't think it's a bad choice.

• Agree
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

UnclePhil

Getting older in a changing, frightening world.
kiwifarms.net
DLC coming soon: $20 unlocks a Wayans as a support character.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
DLC coming soon: $20 unlocks a Wayans as a support character.
I heard that they were going to insert some bits where you play as Theresa as an expansion. Which could be quite good actually and could flesh out her quests somewhat. I hope. I still am hoping for a proper expansion or sequel that continues Henry's tale in Trosky Castle and in which he gets even with Sir Markvart von Aulitz (the bald knight with the moustache who was present at the sack of Skalitz.)

• Agree
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
Is there a short summary about what type of game is? And where it draws its gameplay influences from?

I know nothing about this game other than, "some people are mad about it"

Corypheus

Totally not evil
kiwifarms.net
Is there a short summary about what type of game is? And where it draws its gameplay influences from?

Vaguely Oblivionesque open world RPG set in medieval Eastern Europe without magic with massive attention to detail regarding melee combat and armor, to the point that plate helm heavily restrict your vision in a fight.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Since @Corypheus summed up the gameplay, here's the story: you're an illiterate son of blacksmith who embarks on a revenge quest after Cumans kill your parents and burn down your village. It also takes a turn into getting back the sword your dad made after an obligatory boss fight comes in and kicks your illiterate ass.

• Informative
Reactions: Medicated

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bumpity bump!

DLC announced. Jesus Christ be praised.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/23/kingdom-come-deliverance-post-launch-content-dlc-roadmap/

I'm guessing From the Ashes is a number of sidequests about rebuilding Rovna (the town next door to Skalitz that was burnt down at the outset of the game) which would make sense since there was a quest in the main game of getting the priest back to work there. And the church looks like the one in Rovna in that image. The Amorous Adventures of Sir Hans Capon looks to be brilliant given that the bathhouse incident and suchlike were pretty cool. Maybe he actually courts Arse'n'balls's sister properly? That would fit. I could imagine one where he has to formally apologise to Arse'n'balls for beating him up in exchange for same's blessing to court his sister? Band of Bastards, not sure what that is - perhaps something to do with the capture of the gang whose execution you sabotaged in one of the Executioner Hermann sidequests. And A Woman's Lot I think is the rumoured expansion where you play as Theresa which would make sense given that Theresa seemed to be built up as a main character but then dropped partway through. I bet that's gonna provoke some reeeeeeing from Polygon et al.

Hardcore mode, well, you can already have a self-imposed challenge by voluntarily not using any schnapps so that's that. I suspect it may be more than just permadeath though? Maybe injuries are sustained easier and you have to produce specific alchemical or other crafted items to deal with them?

Tournament mode looks fun. Jousting and meleeing. Might finally get some horse armour. I'd play that esp. given it's a free one. Might give some use to the combat arenas in Talmberg and Rattay that are only used for the training sessions with Robard and Bernard.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bumpity bump!

DLC announced. Jesus Christ be praised.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/23/kingdom-come-deliverance-post-launch-content-dlc-roadmap/

I'm guessing From the Ashes is a number of sidequests about rebuilding Rovna (the town next door to Skalitz that was burnt down at the outset of the game) which would make sense since there was a quest in the main game of getting the priest back to work there. And the church looks like the one in Rovna in that image. The Amorous Adventures of Sir Hans Capon looks to be brilliant given that the bathhouse incident and suchlike were pretty cool. Maybe he actually courts Arse'n'balls's sister properly? That would fit. I could imagine one where he has to formally apologise to Arse'n'balls for beating him up in exchange for same's blessing to court his sister? Band of Bastards, not sure what that is - perhaps something to do with the capture of the gang whose execution you sabotaged in one of the Executioner Hermann sidequests. And A Woman's Lot I think is the rumoured expansion where you play as Theresa which would make sense given that Theresa seemed to be built up as a main character but then dropped partway through. I bet that's gonna provoke some reeeeeeing from Polygon et al.

Hardcore mode, well, you can already have a self-imposed challenge by voluntarily not using any schnapps so that's that. I suspect it may be more than just permadeath though? Maybe injuries are sustained easier and you have to produce specific alchemical or other crafted items to deal with them?

Tournament mode looks fun. Jousting and meleeing. Might finally get some horse armour. I'd play that esp. given it's a free one. Might give some use to the combat arenas in Talmberg and Rattay that are only used for the training sessions with Robard and Bernard.
Considering how some people who complained about the game being sexist because of the alpha male perk and bath services, the Capon DLC could bring in some crappy hot takes if these people still remember to sperg on this game being terrible because "muh lack of poc's".

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
Thinking about getting the GOTY edition for my povertystation 4, been interest in it since like 2016, how’s the “jank” in the game following all of the major patches?

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
Thinking about getting the GOTY edition for my povertystation 4, been interest in it since like 2016, how’s the “jank” in the game following all of the major patches?
Pretty good stuff, if I'm gonna be honest. I never really noticed much jank, but I tend to enjoy euro-jank.

Although at launch there were floating meditating bandits.

• Agree
Reactions: shartshooter

purpleboy

kiwifarms.net
Pretty good stuff, if I'm gonna be honest. I never really noticed much jank, but I tend to enjoy euro-jank.

Although at launch there were floating meditating bandits.
This and RDR2 are probably some of the most interesting looking open worlds I’ve seen in years

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Sword fighting can be a bit weird at times and that's the biggest factor of jank at this point.
You can also still get endgame weapons at the start still with just some basic thievery
There's also places to still cheese the skill level ups.

However if you're going for a no kill and/or virgin run, none of this is a concern. Speaking and talking your way out of situations will be the #1 thing to be concerned about.

purpleboy

kiwifarms.net
Sword fighting can be a bit weird at times and that's the biggest factor of jank at this point.
You can also still get endgame weapons at the start still with just some basic thievery
There's also places to still cheese the skill level ups.

However if you're going for a no kill and/or virgin run, none of this is a concern. Speaking and talking your way out of situations will be the #1 thing to be concerned about.
Kinda expect the game to be jank, but fun jank. I was mainly referring to game breaking shit with my original question. Also, do you or @SiccDicc know if bows can be aimed decently without the crosshair mod, like by using the arrowtip as a guide or something?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Kinda expect the game to be jank, but fun jank. I was mainly referring to game breaking shit with my original question. Also, do you or @SiccDicc know if bows can be aimed decently without the crosshair mod, like by using the arrowtip as a guide or something?
Aiming really isn't that much of an issue because bows kinda suck in the game, so melee weapons are superior in the game. Halberds are the overall best since you have distance and a high attack,

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino