Kingdom Come Deliverance - Or how I stopped worrying about SJW and love Bohemia

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I would say that KCD is like an Elder Scrolls game but with slower combat. It has many open solutions to problems, also the environments look way better than a Bethesda game as do the human models. They spent a good chunk of time making everything look authentic.

Like if someone tried to make Pillars of the Earth a video game.

Reactions: RomanesEuntDomus

purpleboy

Exceptional the Individualhog
kiwifarms.net
I would say that KCD is like an Elder Scrolls game but with slower combat. It has many open solutions to problems, also the environments look way better than a Bethesda game as do the human models. They spent a good chunk of time making everything look authentic.

Like if someone tried to make Pillars of the Earth a video game.
The thing that interests me is the level of detail. Despite being an enormous R* fan, with them since 2001, this game’s efforts towards realism fascinated me more than RDR2’s (though I was still expecting RDR2 to be a fun open world shooter with lots of activities and razor sharp writing).

It’s probably because with RDR2, I was expecting a playable version of a movie like The Wild Bunch or 3:10 to Yuma, it’s been a known fact since 2001 that most R* games are based on the Houser’s favorite types of movies.

Meanwhile, with KCD, it seemed like Warhorse was going for more of a historically accurate simulation, even researching the types of music heard and plants seen in 1400s Czechia

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: millais

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile, with KCD, it seemed like Warhorse was going for more of a historically accurate simulation, even researching the types of music heard and plants seen in 1400s Czechia
Well they actually built it from a real location and hired all sorts of Bohemian historians to get every detail as close to perfect but still fun.

purpleboy

kiwifarms.net
Well they actually built it from a real location and hired all sorts of Bohemian historians to get every detail as close to perfect but still fun.
It does look fun, I just find it interesting how R* went for a super immersive movie sim, taking cues from from Django, Wild Bunch, etc while KCD went for a super accurate alternate history sim. It’s cool that two types of open world sims can exist within the same year and can still provide us great stories with great, content-filled worlds to explore.

• Agree
Reactions: SiccDicc

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
It does look fun, I just find it interesting how R* went for a super immersive movie sim, taking cues from from Django, Wild Bunch, etc while KCD went for a super accurate alternate history sim. It’s cool that two types of open world sims can exist within the same year and can still provide us great stories with great, content-filled worlds to explore.
It's almost like the market is big enough for diversity in thought or something... 🤔

Reactions: Randy Lahey

purpleboy

kiwifarms.net
It's almost like the market is big enough for diversity in thought or something... 🤔
What are you saying? Rockstar and Warhorse’ open worlds are garbage, every open world should just ape either Bethesda or Ubisoft.

I heard about this and that the DLCs kinda stink, how much of a damper would it put on my experience?

• Feels
Reactions: SiccDicc

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
I heard about this and that the DLCs kinda stink, how much of a damper would it put on my experience?
Depends on the DLC and Crowbcat was just looking for something to be sour on. Warhorse were always open about the changes they were making and let everyone know that it wasn't feasible performance wise, so they focused on making it more of a proper RPG than a Warband clone. Now if they did a 180 without telling anyone I could agree about it, but I always got updates talking about the changes they were making.

Some DLC don't really add much to the game, but some others do. It's really up to what you want to experience in the game.

Reactions: BrokenWokenBespoken

purpleboy

kiwifarms.net
Depends on the DLC and Crowbcat was just looking for something to be sour on. Warhorse were always open about the changes they were making and let everyone know that it wasn't feasible performance wise, so they focused on making it more of a proper RPG than a Warband clone. Now if they did a 180 without telling anyone I could agree about it, but I always got updates talking about the changes they were making.

Some DLC don't really add much to the game, but some others do. It's really up to what you want to experience in the game.
Fair, he even rags on games he likes likes REma2ke

SiccDicc

Ratatatatatatatatatat!
kiwifarms.net
Fair, he even rags on games he likes likes REma2ke
There should be plenty of gameplay vids of Kingdom Come, it was something of a meme for awhile because of how popular it was... I dunno who played it best to show off, though.

This guy talks about it a year later and how they changed things.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
The thing that interests me is the level of detail. Despite being an enormous R* fan, with them since 2001, this game’s efforts towards realism fascinated me more than RDR2’s (though I was still expecting RDR2 to be a fun open world shooter with lots of activities and razor sharp writing).

It’s probably because with RDR2, I was expecting a playable version of a movie like The Wild Bunch or 3:10 to Yuma, it’s been a known fact since 2001 that most R* games are based on the Houser’s favorite types of movies.

I got the game and played it for a while, it is fun, but there are some odd things. Like the levelling and stat system is pretty dumb, where its better once you get to a certain point to not spend points in some things because it can nerf you in other areas. The game also forces you to participate in largeish battles in the story so investing everything into an archer or sneaky cutthroat isn't feasible.

You can make the battles easier.... but trying to make yourself a highly charismatic guy that might convince everyone to stand down so the battle never happens, or assassinating the entire camp during the night, isn't allowed, you have to have the epic battle. So while the game gives me choices to build a character a certain way, the way the game goes punishes you for specializing in non open combat. And then eventually you can probably be the best at everything so building the character seemed a bit pointless.

This was the highlight of the game for me really.

2019.jpg

The only reason to take Archery is for hunting really. I've never found it more effective for combat than simply counter riposte the guy and see him drop. Or if he's sleeping just backstabbing him. And hunting isn't even that useful. Even missions you get asking for you to collect meat, if your hunting level is too high, you can get ridiculous amounts of meat from one animal, sitting in your horses knapsack rotting, because the guy only wanted a couple. Like just killing a hanful of deer can get you so much meat money doesn't even matter anymore. And then you literally never have to hunt anything ever again. It's as if the game wasn't originally envisioned as having a levelling and perk system you get so overpowered in some areas.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: millais

RadicalCentrist

kiwifarms.net
The only reason to take Archery is for hunting really.
I, shamefully, beat nearly every encounter with pure horse archery cheese as well as stealth for the rare situations I couldn't talk my way out.

The largish battles are honestly easy as hell, I would just move constantly, away from the guys aggroed on me, and slash people in the back as they were fighting someone else then slip away as he turned to me. Allies would easily deal with distracted enemies while I knicked everything remotely valuable and still feasible to carry from their corpses.

Hardest part was Grunt or w.e the dude was with the club but he was a boss so no biggie. Rest of the game was smooth sailing.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino