Kingdom Come: White Ethnostate - When trying to get a dev fired fails, because he owns the studio.

• ATTENTION: The National Security Administration has made a press release regarding a Windows 10 remote execution exploit that any website can take advantage of. It is one of the worst exploits that has ever been found. Update Windows immediately.

NSA Press Release, "Am I vulnerable?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elwood P. Dowd

Gone Daddy Gone
kiwifarms.net
Saw this, but wasn't sure where to post it...I have no time vidya lately, so haven't been paying attention to any controversies. But this seemed a bit exceptional.

Metro.co.uk

Games Inbox: Kingdom Come: Deliverance racism, Sonic All-Stars Racing 3, and Fire Emblem on Switch GameCentralMonday 12 Feb 2018 1:00 am Share this article with Facebook Share this article with Twitter Share this article with Google Plus Share this article through email 228

Kingdom Come: Deliverance – do you care what the developer is like? The morning Inbox suggests making a Star Wars game about bounty hunters, as one reader wonders whatever happened to Splinter Cell. To join in with the discussions yourself email gamecentral@ukmetro.co.uk Medieval views

I’ve seen a lot of discussion on here concerning the forthcoming Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I don’t often feel the need to do this, but I feel I’ve got to put out a Buyer Beware on the developers responsible for the game. Frankly speaking, the lead developer, Daniel Vávra, is an unashamed racist and sexist. His Twitter account is full of anti-PC, anti-‘social justice warrior’ tirades that come across as the ramblings of a xenophobe. He is also a supporter of GamerGate and makes absolutely no attempt to hide his reprehensible opinions.

This interview with Kotaku in July 2015 laid his beliefs bare. In fact, one of the reasons he developed the game was because he believed it was ‘historically accurate’ to not have any non-white characters anywhere, which is provably false given that medieval life was a melting pot of different races. The Journal of Medieval and Early Modern Studies published a paper on it, on how pointless it was to compare modern concepts of race to medieval notions of ethnicity.

People have brought up the argument that the hundreds of other developers who worked on the game don’t deserve to suffer lost sales because of one racist, but I have to call foul on that. He’s unashamed in his racism, and it’s clear the game comes from a source of deep rot.

I implore people to not buy the game, to boycott it. We have to show that people who hold such disgusting views should not be rewarded, and that games that come from such a rotten, anti-progressive stance don’t deserve to succeed. Andrew Middlemas PS: Incidentally, one of the sound engineers who worked on Subnautica was revealed to be a massive bigot, and was consequently fired from the studio. I hope the gaming community does more to thin out the cancerous elements that infest it.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/12/games-inbox-kingdom-come-deliverance-racism-sonic-all-stars-racing-3-and-fire-emblem-on-switch-7305167/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/
edit to add:

Kingdom Come Deliverance PS4 Trophy Rewards You For Being A Virgin

GOTY for Kiwi Farms then?

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I like that little jab at the end there:

Direct link imur
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/omnobVt

Basically it seems that the usual suspects are mad, that there are no blacks in this game.
I'll see if I can find more stuff later, when Ive got more time.
I've taken this montage from voat.

The dude is hilarious. I love how he doesnt give a shit.
The dude is one of the main reasons why I preordered the game. I mean, it looks fantastic, but I do prefer to get word of mouth before I get a game (I rarely buy them at full price anyway, but was willing to shell out some money soon, cause the game looks that good), but with this, I felt a bit adventurous and decided to give it a shot. This guy's "All out of fucks to give" attitude kinda deserves being rewarded with some trust.

WHO CARES ABOUT HISTORICAL ACCURACY, CATER TO MY BBC FETISH REEEEEEEEE
See, the funny thing is that these people essentially claim that every medieval hamlet was as ethnically """diverse""" as fucking Detroit is now. When you ask for any kind of historical document to provide proof or disagree along with posting something to support your stance, you are labelled a racist.
Europe was a "cultural melting pot" with tons of black people and it is so juggernaughtingly irrefutable that it apparently doesn't even need a fucking proof.
This is just utterly insane. Sure, back in those days, there was no modern concept of a nation as we have today, the concept of ethnicity might have been different too and the world already was a vast network of trade and travel, but that still would mean that black people would have been a completely insignificant rarity that most people wouldn't even have heard of. If this game was set in coastal Italy or Spain, maybe even France, there might be a point, but it's set in bumfuck Bohemia, chances of just one person of black skin color there in 1403 would go hard towards zero.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Three black people existed in Czechoslovakia at the time so obviously they must be in every depiction of the era for the sake of historical accuracy.

Similarly, every video game that takes place in modern America must feature Drew Carey, because he does, in fact, exist here and to pretend he doesn't is historically inaccurate.

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
Edit,saw that the image was already posted so here is another stupid article about it
https://archive.li/4rHfi
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is coming out this month. That struck me as sort of weird, given that February is Black History Month, and Deliverance has failed utterly to include any people of color (PoC) in their white man power fantasy game. Surely, a development team that touts itself as being dedicated to “historical accuracy” in their game would have done some simple research. Surely the head developer at Warhorse Studios would never have done something as skeezy as responding to valid criticisms with xenophobic tweets!
No, I’m sure the folks working on Deliverance just need some last minute advice for how to include people of color in their game. So, here you go, Warhorse: Just a few character concepts that could add some representation to your game without compromising your precious “historical accuracy”:
https://archive.li/4rHfi/42405ad27acfdfb799cce4418fa03122a33975cb.jpg
A Knight
This is a game about knights, right? Among the various armored men swinging swords at one another, it would probably be easy to include a few PoC. I’ve even provided a basis for a historically accurate character design! The image above is identified as Saint Maurice, a Theban martyr venerated as a patron saint of the Holy Roman Emperors. Saint Maurice appears in art from as early as the 10th century. Often, as above, he’s bearing the Imperial coat of arms. So, historically speaking, medieval Europeans had no problem with the concept of PoC serving in their knightly orders.
https://archive.li/4rHfi/2279cb5b05ef9810e2db3bb536ade7c73c99a7b3.jpg
A Scholar
Taking place in 15th century Bohemia means that Deliverance will coincide with the early days of Jan Hus at Charles University in Prague. Europe’s early universities were among the most ethnically diverse locations on the continent. This would be an ideal site for historically accurate representation. The above image is by Theoderic of Bohemia, a 15th century scholar and artist who had no qualms about portraying Saint Jerome with a darker skin tone. Historically, it looks like medieval folk were pretty comfortable with the idea of PoC in the academic sphere, as well.
https://archive.li/4rHfi/75675dc83ed091b1cd353cf5cc0e3ca0cfead42b.png
A Blacksmith, Merchant, or Townsperson
If medieval Europeans were so comfortable with depictions of PoC in their art, does that mean that PoC were a part of everyday life in the middle ages? Unfortunately, we don’t have strong evidence one way or the other. The fact is, we don’t have much evidence about any aspects of day-to-day in the middle ages. We do know that PoC traveled throughout Europe frequently under the Roman Empire as soldiers and settlers. It’s unlikely that they simply disappeared.
What it comes down to is a matter of what base assumptions medieval historians choose to make. Warhorse and their rabid fanboys refuse to recognize that their assumption of “white until proven otherwise” is indeed an assumption. It’s a rather sweeping one at that, but it’s become privileged as centuries of white historians have nodded along. Meanwhile, they get to shout down any framework as “revisionist”. It’s academically lazy at best, if not blatantly suppressive. But of course, we already know it’s not really about historical accuracy.
Ultimately, Warhorse is going to stick to its racist guns, as are their fans. The issue of representation in gaming won’t be solved by dialogues or articles on the internet. But I promised a solution. A decent start though is to avoid buying games likeDeliverance altogether. Even better, you can spend your money supporting games developed by PoC. Without backers, Deliverance wouldn’t exist. The simple fact is that without support, representation in gaming won’t exist either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino