Kingdom Hearts III Update to Change Olaf's Japanese Voice - AKA - Olaf snorts cocaine

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
KINGDOM HEARTS III has done well since its release at the start of the year. However, publisher Square Enix has felt the need to taken action to remove the voice of one of the actors from the Japanese dubbing after the actor was arrested for drug use, to prevent the image of the game from being tarnished.

Pierre Taki, whose real name is Masanori Taki, is the actor who voices Olaf in the Frozen world of Arendelle. According to The Mainichi, the 51-year-old actor was arrested for use of cocaine on Tuesday. Following a tip off, the police searched the actor's car and failed to find any evidence of the drug, but then a resulting a urine sample tested positive leading to his arrest. Police are now trying to ascertain how often the actor may use the drug and from where he obtained it. Japan has a strong stance on drug use and the crime can come with a sentence of up to seven years.

Following the arrest of the actor, Square Enix has issued a statement that they will be releasing a patch to replace the Japanese voice of Olaf in the game. Further details of the patch, including its release window, will be released at a later date.

The decision follows SEGA's removal of Judgment from sale and distribution in Japan while they decide what's best for replacing the actor in that title, where he plays the role of yakuza Kyohei Hamura. The western version of that game was due to be released in June, although the publisher was still making a decision whether that version of the title would be affected.
https://www.trueachievements.com/n36857/kingdom-hearts-iii-update-to-change-olafs-japanese-voice?tid=1091091&anchor=8440102

I always thought abusing hard drugs was a requirement to come up with something like the KH series.

toilet_rainbow

like a monster truck in the nightlife
kiwifarms.net
There are Pokemon shorts that were pulled from circulation for something similar on an actress's part. Japan does not fuck with actor drug use.

Agent Nahman Jayden

Acts like he's from space
kiwifarms.net
They should have just removed Olaf entirely.
They could've removed Arendelle entirely and it wouldn't have decreased the game quality at all (aside from that I personally really like the keyblade you get from it and the boss fight is fun). Arendelle was definitely the weakest world, at least to me.

Guts

I hate being me.
kiwifarms.net
Wish they'd get their priorties straight where two pedo manga artists (kenshin and toriko guys) got a slap on the wrist for lusting after children.
I'm sure to the Japanese government the fact that any of it's citizens had lusts beyond 2D granted them special circumstances.

• Agree
Reactions: BubbleButt
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino