Kiwi-Chan -

JokahBaybee

kiwifarms.net
Not to badmouth any of the great art I've seen on this thread, a lot of you draw way better than I could, but personally I think the design itself could use a little work. Far too much of the design's character is communicated through gimmicky pendants and badges, which are hard to see close up, and massively disrupt the balance of detail as well as being just sort of all over the place. As for everything else, I feel like it's pretty run of the mill gijinka wankery what with the thighsocks and hoodie barely covering the crotch area, as well as the cwc choker and tank top. Not to say that I think sexual designs aren't neat, but there's more to character design than sex appeal and paying lip service to things most people aren't going to know the context of. I'm not necessarily saying this is an improvement, but I improved the design a little by giving her opaque glasses as Irrational Exuberance suggested in page 1, an off-white shirt with a flat-bottomed cwc-polo pattern knit-tie (which exists btw in case anybody wants to cosplay this), and a big fuck-off detective-style Burberry trenchcoat (because we out here investigating shit), which is oversized as to make it moe and badass. Finally, she now wears a pair of green laced sneakers, which I'm not sure about and open to suggestions on.

Attachments

Inquisitor_BadAss

The OG Karen farmer
kiwifarms.net
Not to badmouth any of the great art I've seen on this thread, a lot of you draw way better than I could, but personally I think the design itself could use a little work. Far too much of the design's character is communicated through gimmicky pendants and badges, which are hard to see close up, and massively disrupt the balance of detail as well as being just sort of all over the place. As for everything else, I feel like it's pretty run of the mill gijinka wankery what with the thighsocks and hoodie barely covering the crotch area, as well as the cwc choker and tank top. Not to say that I think sexual designs aren't neat, but there's more to character design than sex appeal and paying lip service to things most people aren't going to know the context of. I'm not necessarily saying this is an improvement, but I improved the design a little by giving her opaque glasses as Irrational Exuberance suggested in page 1, an off-white shirt with a flat-bottomed cwc-polo pattern knit-tie (which exists btw in case anybody wants to cosplay this), and a big fuck-off detective-style Burberry trenchcoat (because we out here investigating shit), which is oversized as to make it moe and badass. Finally, she now wears a pair of green laced sneakers, which I'm not sure about and open to suggestions on.
How dare you shit talk kiwi chan! Love your pic, it’s got a commissioner Gordon vibe to it.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

Buying a Switch & Animal Crossing with Trump bucks
kiwifarms.net
what about my design then?
Frankly, I think your interpretation suffers a lot of the same problems the others do. The kiwi green hair on it's own wouldn't be so bad but it clashes horribly with the Chris styled tops. Not to say some variation on the idea wouldn't be appropriate. In fact one could argue that it should clash because in many ways that ugliness perfectly reflects the history and all the lovely imperfections that makes Kiwifarms so delightful and fun. That is to say that perhaps the original design is correct because it's color scheme is bad. I suppose beyond that the design itself is just generally bland but I do like the addition of Chris related stuff to harken back to the site's roots. I'm probably overthinking it.

• Mad at the Internet
Reactions: AnOminous

StupidSexyBob

just awful
kiwifarms.net
Frankly, I think your interpretation suffers a lot of the same problems the others do. The kiwi green hair on it's own wouldn't be so bad but it clashes horribly with the Chris styled tops. Not to say some variation on the idea wouldn't be appropriate. In fact one could argue that it should clash because in many ways that ugliness perfectly reflects the history and all the lovely imperfections that makes Kiwifarms so delightful and fun. That is to say that perhaps the original design is correct because it's color scheme is bad. I suppose beyond that the design itself is just generally bland but I do like the addition of Chris related stuff to harken back to the site's roots. I'm probably overthinking it.
You're probably overthinking it. The point was to kind of make a bland kawaii uwu mascot that still looks "KiwiFarms" just like every other site mascot OC that exist. I love seeing redesigns and seeing others' interpretations, but it really ain't that deep fam. It's just a drawing.

• Agree
Reactions: SixTrees

JokahBaybee

kiwifarms.net
You're probably overthinking it. The point was to kind of make a bland kawaii uwu mascot that still looks "KiwiFarms" just like every other site mascot OC that exist. I love seeing redesigns and seeing others' interpretations, but it really ain't that deep fam. It's just a drawing.
Well, I took it as a challenge to create something more than a "bland kawaii uwu mascot". Character design is one of my favourite kinds of art, and I wanted to flex my skills.

Tags
None